Love Furniture Profits Tip: 5 Marketing Secrets You Can Profit From (Secret Tip #5)
Furniture World News Desk on
By David Love
Love Furniture Profits
What would be Different or Unusual? Advertising that SERVES your customer. Today’s furniture and mattress consists primarily of pictures, prices and free financing.
Advertising genius and pioneer Clyde Bedell once wisely said, “The only advertising that proves to be any good is advertising that serves the customer.” He also said, “All good selling is serving.” And that’s what advertising is, right? Salesmanship multiplied by media.
The only way to separate yourself from the other stores in town, to rise above the fray, is to use the principles that decades of testing and research have proven to be effective by serving the customer.
So how does an ad full of pretty pictures and prices serve the customer? Not very well I would say.
Now, you may be asking, “How do I serve the customer?” In these six important ways.
- You serve your customer by having a headline that promises her some benefits (in addition to savings) or something new. Or better yet, both. e.g. “Come home now to new stylish comfort you’ll be proud to own.”
- You serve your customer by creating an ad that’s interesting to read.
- You serve the customer by creating an ad that answers her questions about your products and services.
- You serve your customer by having a layout that is attractive to her natural reading patterns and easy to follow.
- You serve your customer by turning on your sales power with copy loaded with Features and Benefits.
- You serve your customer by giving her good reasons to come to your store. To at least visit your web site.
No matter whom you pay to create your ads, or if you or someone on your staff does it, ask them or yourself this important question: “Will the ad you (or yourself) create serve the customer?” If you or they can’t answer that question, or don’t answer with what I've been talking about here, they may not be the right person to do your advertising.
Also ask yourself this question: “Would my ad sell me on coming to my own store or visiting my web site?”
Get your $97 (but free to you) Special Report. “5 Long Lost Secrets of Scientific Furniture and Mattress Advertising that work like magic in today’s economy to get you more customers, more sales, more profits.” Go to www.lovefurnitureprofits.com
. David can be reached at email@example.com
. Phone: 803.764.3977.
About David Love and Love Furniture Profits.
Love Furniture Profits is an advertising consulting and coaching firm that works with smaller to medium size furniture and mattress stores that want better results from their advertising.
David is a 42 year furniture/mattress, in the trenches, industry veteran. His background includes retail furniture sales. Manager of a retail furniture store. 22 years on the road making money for companies like Sealy Mattress and Best Chairs. His territory and his retailers achieved sometimes remarkable sales increases due to the expert advertising and sales advice he gave. He has also owned and sold his own profitable store and was a highly regarded sales manager of a top 100 furniture store.
Advertising That Sells
Articles in Advertising That Sells