Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

Thailand International Woodworking & Furniture Exhibition 2024 (TIWF 2024) Scheduled September 18-20.

Furniture World News Desk on 10/22/2023


According to Thailand’s 2021 woodworking machinery import statistics, Thailand is the world’s 34th largest importer of woodworking machines, valued at US$70.9 million. Imports are expected to rise as Thailand continues to rely on imports of machinery and technology in order to produce and export better quality wood products.

Thailand’s wood product exports are divided into five segments, namely processed wood, fiberboard, plywood, furniture and other wood products. Processed wood, fiberboard, and plywood accounts for 73% of total exports, while furniture and other wood products accounts for the remaining 27%.

Thailand International Woodworking & Furniture Fair 2024 (TIWF 2024) is staged to provide Thailand and the surrounding South East Asian woodworking industry, with a dedicated face-to-face international forum to meet, discuss, exchange views, gain new knowledge, update on trends, forge new business partnerships and networks, while at the same time address sustainability issues impacting the environment.

Hosted by Thailand’s Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, TIWF 2024 will be held in Bangkok, Thailand from 18th to 20th September 2024, to present the latest machinery, technology, materials and supplies, fittings, hardware and components, and services, serving the wood industry of Thailand and the surrounding South East Asian region.

TIWF 2024 will take up over 5,000 sq. meters of exhibition space at the IMPACT Exhibition and Convention Centre, with over 150 exhibiting companies, and 4,000 local and international attendees coming from the entire spectrum of the woodworking and furniture supply chain sectors.

One unique highlight of TIWF 2024 is its Hosted Buyers and Business Matching Program designed to identify and invite key buyers from South East Asia to attend. This program presents exhibiting companies with the opportunity to meet directly with key decision makers seeking solutions and answers to improve their production and manufacturing efficiencies.

TIWF 2024 is hosted by Thailand’s Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment as its Host Organization. The event’s strategic partners include the Thai Forestry Industry Organization and the Kasetsart University’s Forestry Faculty. In an initiative to uplift the standards of Thailand’s wood industry, especially those located in the provinces, TIWF 2024 is working with its strategic partners to conduct a series of educational and best practice workshops in these provinces, prior to the actual TIWF event.TIWF 2024 is also supported by related wood industry associations such as the Thai Furniture Association, Thai Timber Association, the Federation of Thai Industries, and Thai Hevea Wood Association, to name a few.

On an international level, organizations such as Americans Softwoods, American Hardwood Export Council, French Timber, Malaysia Timber Council, Singapore Timber Association, Sabah Timber Industries Association, Wood Technologist Association (India), and Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry support the event.

TIWF 2024 has also received plans for a “Made in Germany” Pavilion supported by Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action. The German Exhibitor Pavilion is subjected to official confirmation, including those of other European Exhibitor Pavilion groups that the organizers will announce soon.

The decision to stage TIWF 2024 is a result of a year-long engagement the organizers have had with many industry stakeholders. The consensus pointed to a need for an event like TIWF to be staged in Thailand, as a key face-to-face regional industry platform to discuss challenges and opportunities of the wood industry of Thailand and Southeast Asian markets, while at the same time helps to create and enhance business opportunities in these markets.

For more information visit https://thailandwoodworking.com.