HF Custom Expands Modern Traditional & Soft Modern Offerings
Furniture World News Desk on
HF Custom, formerly known as Sam Moore, reported that it will continue its focus on the “Modern Traditional” and “Soft Modern” aesthetics at the upcoming Spring High Point Market, with several new seating options. Pieces in “Modern Traditional” take cues from classic silhouettes, each updated with a modern twist, while the “Soft Modern” looks include silhouettes with softened and rounded – yet visible and bold – lines. The new styles are covered in three emerging textile trends that were inspired by the design team’s travels to global fashion-leading markets both domestically and abroad.
Seven new silhouettes will make their debut this Spring, including two sofas, three swivel chairs and two club chairs. Each is covered in inspiring new textiles, forecasted to be leading trends this season, including: Warm Neutrals, Desert Hues, and Muted Mauves.
“Traditional is alive and well,” said Sandi Mowry, senior vice president of sales and merchandising for HF Custom. “Classic forms never truly go out of style; they just need a fresh approach every now and then. And this Market we’re doing just that. By combining tried and true silhouettes with a few updated design techniques and fresh textiles, we’ve developed several pieces that are undoubtedly intended for today’s consumer yet will stand the test of time.”
Highlights of the new introductions include:
- Sierra Sofa – This three over three silhouette is characterized by its divided roll arm treatment and extra thick seven-inch down blend cushions. Taking design cues from the classic shelter sofa, Sierra is updated for today with its deep seating and loose back pillows.
- Monterey Sofa – This larger-scaled two over two sofa was designed for the ultimate in comfort. With a distinctive shape that features flared and extra padded arms, the sofa includes layered back pillows for added cushion and visual dimension. Its curvaceous shape is achieved by its softly curved front rails that are mimicked by the shape of the two seat cushions.
- Keke Swivel Chair – With an exaggerated roll along the back and softly curved front cushion and arm panels, Keke is interesting from all angles with its statement-making soft and voluptuous silhouette.
- Roxy Swivel Chair – With a lower, deeper seat than a traditional swivel chair, Roxy features a sloped track arm that is accentuated by a fabric border that follows the soft curves of the silhouette and gently tapers to the floor.
- Devon Club Chair – A stationary version of the recently launched Pilsen Swivel Chair, Devon offers retro-glam styling with a softly curved barrel back shape and tall tapered legs. The silhouette is the perfect canvas for a contrasting outback textile application.
- Vaughn Club Chair – A nod to mid-century with soft turns on the wood base that cradle the seat, Vaughn highlights HF Custom’s expertise in customized wood finishes.
Each of the new frames will be covered in fresh textile stories for this season:
Warm Neutrals - Accented with deep navy, grey, mint and blush, neutrals have continued to warm up for several seasons with warm colorations of nutmeg, toasted almond, and cognac hues. Very textural in nature, this trend is highlighted with wovens, printed linens and embroidery-accented pillow fabrics.
Desert Hues – Coordinating well with Traditional Modern looks, desert-tone hues such as rich ochre, clay and copper mix with traditional blues, greys, greens, and browns that unexpectedly pair with deep teals, denim blues, minty greens and gold tones for a fresh take on a classic color palette. Velvets, updated florals, and textured linens offer depth and dimension.
Muted Mauves – Mauve is having a moment. Grounded in neutrals, soft mauves and lilac tones make their way into the conversation via playful bouclé’s and sophisticated wovens. With hints of icy blue and emerald tones, this color palette unexpectedly updated with a nostalgic nod to the past.
HF Custom, a division of Hooker Furnishings, will showcase its new introductions at the Spring 2023 High Point Market in its newly opened showroom on the third floor of Showplace.
About Hooker Furnishings: Headquartered in Martinsville, VA, Hooker Furnishings is ranked among the nation's largest publicly traded furniture sources and encompasses 12 operating businesses. These brands include: Hooker Furniture, Bradington-Young, HF Custom, Shenandoah Furniture, H Contract, Accentrics Home, Pulaski Furniture, Samuel Lawrence Furniture, Prime Resource International, Samuel Lawrence Hospitality, and Sunset West. Hooker Furnishings Corporation's corporate offices and upholstery manufacturing facilities are located throughout Virginia and North Carolina, and the company has showrooms in High Point, North Carolina, Las Vegas, Nevada, and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Hooker Furnishings operates distribution centers in the United States, China, and Vietnam. The company's stock is listed on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol HOFT.