Nine “Market Pros” to Showcase the Best of IMC’s Properties at High Point Market
Furniture World News Desk on
Nine design and media tastemakers will showcase the best of International Market Centers’ (IMC) High Point destinations as “Market Pros” taking over the DesignOnHPMKT by IMC Instagram account (@DesignOnHPMKT) during the April 22-26, 2023 High Point Market.
“The Spring 2023 Market Pros takeover showcases IMC’s High Point resources through the eyes of those who are creating, featuring and reporting on the must-have trends of the moment,” said Karen Olson, IMC executive vice president, chief marketing officer. “They are an invaluable resource to guide designers and retailers as they explore our 17 engaging properties.”
The Spring 2023 Market Pros are:
- Rick Campos of the Design Biz Survival Guide podcast and community platform. Campos is a professional interior designer with over a decade of experience. A graduate of Interior Designers Institute in Newport Beach, Calif., he worked his way through the ranks by working at a design trade showroom and then as a design assistant for a notable interior design firm before launching his own design business and retail boutique in 2007. After over 10 years of high-end luxury interior design, he traded in his measuring tape for a microphone and began to record insightful conversations with fellow design professionals about life and the business of design. Thus, the Design Biz Survival Guide Podcast was born. The podcast quickly scaled to a full-blown community platform, and now he spends his days coaching and consulting with design professionals to help them build better and more profitable businesses. @designbizsurvivalguide
- Tamara Day of Tamara Day Design in Kansas City, Kan. and Magnolia Network’s “Bargain Mansions.” Day is a purveyor of the glam and cozy. Her sense of style and eye for what works has created an insatiable demand for her interior design expertise, furniture and décor. On Magnolia Network’s “Bargain Mansions,” Day and her crew transform big, old houses that she finds at bargain prices. While respecting the integrity and history of the homes, she integrates modern design, function and style to the space – perfect for today’s families. Fans of Day’s signature style and the show can buy her specially curated finds for their own homes. Together with RTA Outdoor Living, Day created a signature outdoor kitchen. She teamed up with RoomMates Decor to create a collection of peel and stick wallpaper and with Kaleen for four rug collections. Next, she will create a collection of hard-wired lighting, ceiling fans, and decorative accessories with Quorum and Cyan Design in 2023. @tamaraday / @tamaradaydesign
- Barry Dixon of Barry Dixon Inc. in Warrenton, Va. Inspired by acres of lush Virginia countryside, Dixon is known for a distinct aesthetic that blends Western styles with global influences from a childhood spent abroad in India, Pakistan, Korea, New Caledonia and South Africa. With projects spanning the world, he imagines interiors that infuse artifacts and antiques with present-day motifs – all preserving the history and personality of the home’s owners and their treasures. His exclusive collections include furniture, lighting, and accessories for Arteriors; showroom design and products for Fortuny; fabrics, trims and wallcoverings for Vervain; upholstery for Tomlinson; and The Naturals Color Collection by Barry Dixon for C2 Paint. His work is featured in four books: Barry Dixon Interiors, Barry Dixon Inspirations, Farrow & Ball: The Art of Color and Fortuny Interiors. Dixon lives and works in his 1907 Edwardian estate, Elway Hall, located on over 250 acres of farmland in the heart of Fauquier County, Virginia’s horse country. @barrydarrdixon
- Noel Gatts of beam&bloom interiors in Bloomfield, N.J. and HGTV’s “Home Inspector Joe” and “What’s Wrong With That House?” In a short time, Gatts has earned recognition and awards for service and design and is now a Designer/Host on HGTV with her buddy, home inspector Joe Mazza. Gatts and her husband began their NYC adventure as touring singers and actors, but once their second, then third child came along, it was no longer the lifestyle for them. Fortunate to have the funds, the support and a healthy family (thanks to a serious miracle surgery for their middle guy), her family purchased their three-bedroom 1941 colonial "fixer upper" in the lively and quaint Brookdale neighborhood of Bloomfield, N.J. Thus, the home design adventure began! Her mission is to create “heart+home+harmony” for her clients and her community. @beamandbloom
- Angela Harris of TRIO in Denver. Harris is an American interior designer, product designer, CEO, mother, and industry board member. As CEO and Principal of TRIO, her renowned interior architecture firm, she has spent more than 20 years working directly with the nation’s most prominent builders, developers, product designers and merchandisers. She has been recognized nationally with more than 100 design awards and business awards including Top 100 Giants by Interior Design magazine and Inc. 5000’s fastest growing list. Her robust experience in market-driven design, coupled with a Masters in Sustainable Design, make her sought after for brand collaborations, producing an ever-expanding portfolio of acclaimed designs seen around the world in namesake licensed products. @designbytrio /@byangelaharris
- Breegan Jane of Breegan Jane in Los Angeles and HGTV’s “Dream Home.” As a Los Angeles-based interior designer, author, philanthropist and mom to two boys, Jane is a dynamic voice in the industry. She showcases her vast expertise building and designing homes as host of HGTV’s “Dream Home” plus six additional Warner Brothers Discovery shows. As a leader in industry conversations, she participates regularly in speaker series events and champions the motherhood community as she shares her insight via her weekly blog on BreeganJane.com. Further expanding her reach and narrative, she advocates for women and children in Africa as a partner with international non-profit organization, World Vision. @breeganjane
- DuVäl Reynolds of DuVäl Design LLC in Fairfax, Va. Honored as “The One to Watch'' and “Hot Talent,” Reynolds has been featured by Architectural Digest, House Beautiful, Washington Postand more. He currently serves on the Interior Design Advisory Council for Marymount University, as the co-chairperson for HPMKT Diversity Advocacy Alliance and recently launched his e-commerce furnishings site, House of DuVäl. @duvaldesignllc
- Dennese Guadeloupe Rojas of Interiors by Design in Silver Spring, Md. Rojas brings more than 20 years of experience to her residential and commercial design practice. Having grown up in the Virgin Islands, many of her designs reflect the warm earth tones and relaxed lifestyle of the Caribbean. Drawing inspiration from her travels, other talented designers, and her client's own passions, she aims to create spaces that feel luxurious, inviting and completely individual. Her work has been displayed in a number of show houses throughout the country. Her projects have been featured in the Washington Post, Home, Monarch Magazine and a number of other print and on-line design publications. She is an active member of the District of Columbia Building Industry Association (DCBIA), the Women Presidents’ Association (WPO) and the Black Artists & Designers Guild (BADG). She earned an A.A. Degree in Interior Design from Bauder College in Miami, Fla. @interiorsbydesignllc
- Glenna Stone of Glenna Stone Interior Design in Philadelphia. Stone has always had a passion for combining color, materials and textures in an artful manner. Paralleling her creative side, she embraced her strong technical skills and received a degree in engineering from Lehigh University. While achieving much success as a consultant and project manager in the consumer products industry, she felt the need to embrace her more creative side and began taking interior design courses at the Boston Architectural College and the Rhode Island School of Design. Combining her technical and creative skills, she graduated from Drexel University with a Master’s degree in Interior Architecture and Design. She prides herself on being an original thinker, a good listener with impeccable attention to detail, and someone who sees each project phase through to completion. @glennastonedesign
In addition to sharing their favorite market finds, the Market Pros also have shared their helpful insights for how best to prepare for success at High Point Market at IMCHighPointMarket.com/market-pros.
Rick Campos shared the importance of networking with fellow buyers at market: “I spend my days promoting ‘Community over Competition’ to designers and there is no better place to celebrate community than at market. The sheer number of designers that converge in High Point for market make it an ideal place to network with your peers and foster friendships with fellow designers from across the country. What better way to shop and source than with your designer bestie from another state not to mention the impactful conversations about the business of design had over dinners and drinks. I truly believe that the in-person market experience is a vital part of business and personal development for every design professional.”
IMC’s High Point properties include: 300 E. Green St.; 300 S. Main St.; Commerce & Design Building; Furniture Plaza; Historic Market Square; International Home Furnishings Center (IHFC); Klaussner on Hamilton; Market Square Textile Tower; National Furniture Mart; Plaza Suites; Showplace; The Suites at Market Square (SAMS); and five on Hamilton Street – 121, 200, 320 and 330 N. Hamilton St., and 129 S. Hamilton St. It presents the only temporary exhibits at High Point Market in InterHall, Plaza Suites and The Suites at Market Square (SAMS).
About High Point Market
High Point Market is the largest furnishings industry trade show in the world, with more than 2,000 manufacturers in 11.5 million square feet of showroom and exhibit space in multiple buildings in downtown High Point, North Carolina. Each Market attracts tens of thousands of retail home furnishings buyers, interior designers, architects, and others in the home furnishings industry. International Market Centers (IMC) owns 17 prime High Point Market showroom buildings, which contain 70 percent of the exhibitors, including the majority of the top 500 manufacturers. DesignOnHPMKT by IMC is the official voice for IMC’s High Point Market representing a wealth of industry knowledge and connections. Spring 2023 Market is scheduled for April 22-26, 2023. Registration for the Spring 2023 High Point Market is open now at HighPointMarket.org. For more information about events and exhibits presented by IMC, visit IMCHighPointMarket.com.
About International Market Centers
International Market Centers (IMC) serves as the center of commerce for the wholesale furniture, gift, home decor and apparel industries. IMC has more than 60 years of relationships and experience creating scalable business platforms for wholesale commerce. Our premium showroom spaces spanning more than 20 million square feet in High Point, N.C., Las Vegas and Atlanta, paired with our digital tools connect the wholesale industries we serve. For more information, visit www.imcenters.com.