Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

Weiman Tables Information Wanted

I have a table that has an embedded stamp that reads Weiman Tables and also the number 859-5047. It has a leather top and really detailed woodwork. Does anyone know where I can get information on the year it was made or anything? Please help, I am really interested in learning about this piece. Thank you.

Posted By melinda, 8/3/2005

Login to Reply to this Topic

Replies

From EDIETRICH, 9/29/2011  2:55 AM

I have a dark brown Lammert's Furnishing of Character table with four craved spiral pedestal legs attached to a eight sided octagon top and attached to four cross legs & feet. It has a metal brass plate attached to bottom of top on the cross piece with [#1466]  Lammert's Furnishing of Character  011-319 Washington Ave Saint Louis. On Top two inches from the edge is painted or stained a black octagon.  

Also, a stamp or faded sticker with a picture of some sort of colored crown ?  What is the history of this table and value ?

Thank you,

Eric

ericb_92627@yahoo.com

From EDIETRICH, 9/29/2011  2:55 AM

I have a dark brown Lammert's Furnishing of Character table with four craved spiral pedestal legs attached to a eight sided octagon top and attached to four cross legs & feet. It has a metal brass plate attached to bottom of top on the cross piece with [#1466]  Lammert's Furnishing of Character  011-319 Washington Ave Saint Louis. On Top two inches from the edge is painted or stained a black octagon.

Also, a stamp or faded sticker with a picture of some sort of colored crown ?  What is the history of this table and value ?

Thank you,

Eric

ericb_92627@yahoo.com

From EDIETRICH, 9/29/2011  2:54 AM

Thank you,

Eric B. Dietrich

ericb_92627@yahoo.com

From melinda, 8/8/2011  5:42 PM

I have a marble top Weiman coffee table.
The stamp in the wood underneath is 699-6309 , WEIMAN QUALITY TABLES.
The underside of the marble is stamped with the number 6309.
The top is flawless solid marble, 3/4 thick, very ornate pink, mauve and similar varying shades.Beautiful.
Very, very heavy.
Diameter 42", with a double beveled edge, Height 15".
It has a single drawer 16"wide, with 4 brass drawer pull fixtures around the table.
The legs I believe are solid maple or mahogany.
I saw another Weiman 28"x22" marble top "Queen Anne Coffee Table", 15" height that has the exact same legs style as my table.....Princess style(?)
The marble patterns and colors are exquisite.
I would like to get any info on this piece I can. Especially value.
I may be selling it :(.
Please email me at : mkmondo@gmail.com
Thank you !
MKM

From melinda, 7/18/2011  7:52 PM

I have two end tables can you tell me if they are antquie Quailty number is 315 57132 .
Could you please reply to me thanks.

From melinda, 7/12/2011  1:03 PM

This site has been wonderful,,I too have a Weiman Coffee Table,half moon shaped, with each end with drops and can be folded under or up for a bigger table. It has the leather top,beautiful wood,number 5373 on the bottom of the drawer in the middle Have no idea of the value.

From melinda, 7/7/2011  5:48 PM

I have a dark brown Lammert's Furnishing of Character table with four craved spiral pedestal legs attached to a eight sided octagon top and attached to four cross legs & feet. It has a metal brass plate attached to bottom of top on the cross piece with #1466 Lammert's Furnishing of Character, 011-319 Washington Ave Saint Louis. On Top two inches from the edge is painted or stained a black octagon.

Also, a stamp or faded sticker with a picture of some sort of colored crown ? What is the history of this table and value ?

Best Regards & Thank You,
Eri -

From melinda, 6/28/2011  7:06 PM

I've enjoyed reading through this Weiman thread and thank the website for this opportunity. I'm in the process of liquidating my mother's estate and recently sold a great Weiman bombe' chest. I wish I hadn't... She also had a lamp table stamped "Weiman Tables Heirloom Quality" and "645-9711" and metal-tagged "BN-WT" with a marble top "made in Portugal". She had a beautiful Collection Francaise lamp on it, but that's another story! I haven't had a nibble on this table, even at $45. It's 28" diameter and 24"H. I think she must have bought it in the 70's. I hope someone might know something about this little guy. Sorry that I don't have any answers for the other seekers.

From melinda, 6/23/2011  3:29 PM

My Weiman table is obviously an antique, a leather-topped coffee table with one drawer, in good condition, legs with rollers and brass plates on the feet, stamped under the drawer is "Heirloom Quality Weiman Tables, #9309." I purchased it about 16 years ago in a fine furniture store in Texas that had a few antiques. I probably paid too much, but it is a pretty, well-made table, with beautiful inlaid wood sections and gold markings.

If anyone has information on the table and its approximate value, I will greatly appreciate a response. A local furniture consignment store tells me they could probably put a price of about $200 on it.

From Kathleen K., 6/21/2011  2:31 PM

I have a Weiman Heirloom Quality Furniture small table made in Rockford Ill. It is stamped 2501 the table is ornately carved and has a glass top. Can you tell me anything about it.

From Susan E., 4/28/2011  8:45 PM

I have a weiman side table round all wood with a pull with a carving of a mother and child the bottom has a label weiman heirloom quality furniture. can anyone give me an approximate value.

From Becky Ramsay, 4/10/2011  3:01 PM

This post is so helpful! I own an Heirloom Weiman Quality Table that is an antique white with gold trim and ivory leather inlay top. It is a four-legged card table with four slide out trays at the corners. I purchased this card table set (including four matching chairs) in Maine in 1993 at an antique shop. I'd love to know what it's worth today. The numerical marking below the Weiman circular stamp is 420-52107. This set appears to be of 1930's to 40's construction, but I'd like to know for sure if it's one of the furniture company's original works or not. Can you help? I'd like to know it's current selling value.

From sylvia green, 3/28/2011  7:35 PM

i have a weinman sofa/stero credenza rose aurora top 18" x 60" Long, F0916 the credenza is mahogny purchased at an estate sale. The marble top is cream/redish marble.
It has all original stickers, Weinman furniture in Rockford, Il, stunning piece.
I am from Chicago, so the value of the piece is dear, but I am interested in learning how many marble top pieces were made, most of what is on line is leather top.
thanks!

From paulette, 3/9/2011  9:01 PM

I have a Weiman dinning room suite. It is two toned wood and probably 40 to 50 years old. It includes 4 arm chairs, 2 armless chairs, buffet, and a two piece china cabinet, custom table pads, and 2 leaves. It is in excellent condition. I would like to have it appraised. I am near the Pittsburgh,Pa. Does anyone know any reliable appraisers?

From steve trufano, 3/3/2011  6:33 PM

round leather top table marked Weiman Tables Heirloom Quality 5047. I would appreciate any info. thanks

From angie behringer, 2/8/2011  3:23 PM

i have a end table or someting that looks like it with a handle undr the table it says heirloom tables quality with a stamp that reads 61-9200 can any one please tell me about it thanks!!!!

From ella mae sperling, 1/12/2011  4:40 PM

i have weiman lamp table that i would like to find out more about it,can anybody out there help me find out what its worth.

From Gwen Smith, 12/16/2010  1:29 PM

I have a Weiman coffee table-36" round. It stands about 18" high, has 3" marble tiles on the top and has round mahogany trim around the entire edge. It weighs about 65 lbs and has a number of 7739390 on the bottom. I haven't found any descriptions that are similar to mine?

From Bob Meyerson, 11/28/2010  7:42 PM

My father Phil Meyerson worked as a salesman for the company from its inception to the early 1970's. I jointed him in business also as a salesman for Weiman and resigned in 1989. We not only did sales but were instrmental in the design of the products. We sold tables and upholstery in the NYC metro area.

From luz, 11/8/2010  11:42 PM

i have a square table weiman stamped with the number 714-5802.can someone tell anything about it? age ,vlue.thanks

From Susan Thompson, 11/3/2010  3:36 PM

I have a Weiman table # 5027 stamped on th3e bottom of it. It has leather top stamped with gold. The top moves around. The legs have claw feet on them. It also has four compartments on the bottom. I would like to know the value of it.

From Brian Nelson, 10/19/2010  7:15 PM

I have a Weiman pie crust cocktail table, number 8390. There is also a number stamped into the wood 887. Anyone know approximately when it was made?

From Juli, 10/10/2010  3:47 PM

I am looking for information on a George III Rosewood Circular Library Table made by Weiman. Number stamped on the bottom is Weiman Heirloom 203 3005. Can anyone tell me the value?

From Janet Simmons, 8/26/2010  12:33 AM

I just acquired a two tiered end table with drawer. It has webbed inserts on the sides. The drawer bottom is stamped WEIMAN 17400 QT.711. Anyone know time of manufacture and value?

From Ann Downing, 8/11/2010  3:16 PM

What a great site. I just acquired a Weiman Heirloom Quality Table #5703 and wonder about its history and value. Thank you.

From Mary Knapp, 8/9/2010  6:39 PM

I appreciate finding this site. Several years ago I purchased a"Weiman Tables Quality,#9904" at an auction.
No idea the name; I just liked it and it fits in the corner of a room nicely. Very small; glass door; three shelves; doors below open for storage. Very attractive (in my eyes), about 6' tall. I am not in to antiques, but was
interested in this, as I thought it is probably old, but
this is the first site I have found any information. Thank you.

From Jennifer Brown, 8/7/2010  9:24 PM

I just purchased a small Weiman Heirloom Tea Table #9200.
It has a leather inlay with a handle in the middle. The table is approx. 10" x 20" and has long spindle legs and scalloped edges with black trim. It is a very unique table and I have never seen anything like it before.
Anyone know where I can find some info on this furniture co.? Thanks

From Runner, 6/28/2010  2:44 AM

I have a Weiman table #69-3211.
Anyone have any info on this table????

From Cheri Hahn, 6/21/2010  11:28 AM

I just purchased a Weiman table , marked on the bottom with the #7786 . This table is in like new condition and I was interested in knowing if Weiman ever had brochures or catalogs of their furnature . I am not sure but I believe this table could be classified as an heirloom piece . Any information on this table , be it age or value is greatly appreciated .

Thank You

From Cheri Hahn, 6/21/2010  11:28 AM

I just purchased a Weiman table , marked on the bottom with the #7786 . This table is in like new condition and I was interested in knowing if Weiman ever had brochures or catalogs of their furnature . I am not sure but I believe this table could be classified as an heirloom piece . Any information on this table , be it age or value is greatly appreciated .

Thank You

From kane, 6/19/2010  9:47 PM

I inherited a Lammerts 9 pc. bedroom suit and would like for someone to give me a value for it. It is cream trimmed in gold, french provincial, 2 twin beds, dresser, 2 tall chest of drawers, dressing table, chair, etc. Could anyone help me with the value of this suite? Answer me at jenemery@hotmail.com

From Dan, 6/17/2010  6:30 PM

I have two Weiman Heirloom Quality tables. The long table has a marble inlay and it has a matching coffee table. I am interested in selling these. Is anyone interested?

From KEVIN B., 6/12/2010  4:22 PM

I purchased a 3 piece Weiman Heirloom Quality set about 10 years ago from an antique mall for $160.00. Really nice mahogony coffe table and two end tables or as grandma called them "lamp tables" with leather inlay,gold leafing, and brass casters. I asked an antique dealer around the same time about the year they were made and the cuurent value. She said they were more than likly made between the 1930's or 1940's, value could vary with the market. est. $400.00-$700.00.
Hope this info helps those looking for some kind of value. P.S. I found a perfect condition wall mirror in my neighbors trash. It needed a little cleaning. So when I took the back off to clean it I found a stamp on the glass (Pittsburgh Plate Glass Company Sep. 21, 1933). Also in sold mohogany, after some cleaning, looks brand new. The value I'm not sure about, but a good guess would be $150.00-$250.00. You never know what you will find while walking you dog the night before bulk trash day.:-)

From Eileen, 5/27/2010  11:27 AM

The reply from "J" obviously comes from someone who doesn't know what he's talking about and prefers anonymity with his ignorance. Anyone finding Weiman tables for less than $200 for a pair has found a steal. Any research will provide info letting a person know Weiman is nowhere considered "of average quality" and certainly not "rather common". Interested collectors want Weiman, not some "excellent example for very little money."

From Mary Ellen, 4/25/2010  7:08 PM

It was fun to read these entries going back several years. Today I bought two end tables with perfect leather tops as they have glass tops which obviously have been on the tables since they were made. I paid $204. for both on them and am very pleased. They are rectangle on top, which a kind of scalloped design on each corner. There is also a drawer in each. Inside the drawer there is a label that says "Malkin Furniture Co."   I googled Malkin but could not find anything. Later I found the Weiman Heirloom... mark on the botton of the drawer. Anyone know about Malkin?

From Blanquita, 4/17/2010  5:48 PM

I Would like to have an estimated value for a table with the following description and information

36" molded marble round table

Label on bottom of marble intact reads: (red designed border writing in red)

The color variations in marble are the result of the development of the stone thru the centuries.
We believe that these varations greatly enhance the beauty and charm of your marble table.
Each piece is different and no individual pattern can be duplicated.
The Weiman Company
Rockford, Illinois

On the bottom of the wood it has this info: 1G-F-340
and i cant completely read out the rest on the other side: The exposed part of the furniture contains cherry

Then their is partial label on the marble that reads:
36" - mild
36" - round
Rosa Aurora
Made in Portugal
exportadores de marmores e cantarias
Pero Pinneiro
Telef 297 1 48
Marble imported from Protugal

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

From Charlene Sloan, 4/16/2010  2:14 PM

I have a Weidman writing table that belonged to my Mother. She passed away in 1973. It has leather on the pull out writing table and it has a label reading: WEIMAN Heirloom Quality Furniture Rockford, ILL. Charlene

From J, 4/12/2010  2:43 PM

Wieman furniture is widely considered mass produced & of average quality. I believe the company was founded in 1941 and they were eventually purchased by Basset in 1979.

Weiman leather inset and mahogany tables are therefor rather common. The majority (99%) of these tables are worth less than $100. Most examples in pristine condition with bookmatched wood and inlay are worth at most $200.

If one does a search for Sheraton furniture they will find that much of Wieman's furniture was a mass produced attempt to copy the style.

Weiman furniture is not at all rare. If you like the style, it should be very easy to find an excellent example for very little money.

From Carol, 4/7/2010  4:10 PM

I have a beautiful marble top coffee table and matching marble top bookcase with glass. It is from Weiman Co. from my great aunt. Where would I go about getting this appraised?

From brad, 3/22/2010  5:14 PM

I have a small Weiman (Heirloom Quality) table which has leather on top and an Eagle and Shield emblam painted on it. Does anybody know a place in OK where I can go to get it appraised. Thanks

From rona, 3/21/2010  6:58 PM

I have a Heirloom Weiman Round Marble coffee table, 690 2343which was purchased by my parents. It has 4 pull out coffee rests. I would like to know if it worth anything.

From Barbara, 3/20/2010  11:01 AM

I have a Weiman plant holder #1800 and would like to know if it has some value. Some of the wood has come apart so it needs to be fixed - but sometimes fixing it loses its value. It has a tall notched top and two round holders for small potted plants...does anyone have any idea?

From Liz, 2/26/2010  12:59 PM

My round Heirloom Quality Weiman pedestal drum table has 3 carved claw feet and the gilt leather top with numbers 176-9005. I've owned it for over 40 years and bought it at auction. About 4 years ago the weight of the top caused the pedestal to break and it crashed to the floor. I mended it with Elmers carpenter glue and it seems to be holding. I am submitting this email because the wood was extremely dry and I would advise all of you to feed your Weiman tables with some good furniture oil.

From Darren, 2/24/2010  9:34 PM

We just bought a Weiman coffee table with a leather top, rounded ends and tapered square legs. The stamp on the bottom is "Heirloom quality Weiman tables" and number "9362". We paid $65 on Craig's list and I feal a little guilty about it. The veneers on the ends and side are beautiful. The gold colored printing on the boarders of the leather top are still very crisp. So, what's it worth? I'd have paid ~$150 for it. It's nicer than anything I've seen in any store and it goes so well with our 1960's living room

From Jim, 2/16/2010  1:38 PM

I'm trying to get information on two French Provincial chairs and matching Weiman, marble top table. They were purchased by my mother-in-law in Abilene, Texas in the mid 1950s. They were the centerpiece of her living room. No one was allowed to sit on them. They were wrapped in plastic when they moved to a condo in 1998. I got them on her death -- still wrapped in plastic -- in 2006. The only labels on the furniture is on the bottom of the 60+ pound marble top and it reads: Style 28 Rose Aurora Weiman Co Chicago. They are in new condition. Any idea what they are worth?

From Roseanna, 2/9/2010  2:04 PM

This is has been so enlightening to read all these wonderful stories about Heirloom Weiman tables...I have two
beautiful pieces one a half moon table with round insert piece which opens out to a full round # 598-9354...with gold trim leather inlay, carved legs on rollers..and a beautiful coffee table like David Kennedy has described # 580-7500.. with ring stains....my questions are...what is the best way to restore these gorgeous pieces and where can I locate a roller for the coffee table? Thank you for the inspiration. I have asked some antique dealers here in Chicago, and none seem to have any hardware. I love my treasures.

From roman vejman, 2/3/2010  5:02 AM

I have a Weiman table . It is with leather top.Heirloom Weiman tables guality # 5755 . I wonder what the value is?Anyone have any info?

From Ray/Madeline, 1/13/2010  1:36 PM

Our e-mail address is godsmack1960@yahoo.com,home phone
#702-318-0202.

From Ray/Madeline, 1/13/2010  1:23 PM

I am a union finish carpenter here in Las Vegas,have had been fortunate in locating and purchasing beautiful pieces like the Weiman round barrel top leather inlaid three pedestal table #5027.Does anybody know its value and has anybody located serious buyers?

From Carole Schneider, 11/24/2009  1:05 PM

I just bought a Weiman table at an auction for $55. It's a round gold display table with a glass door that opens to put treasured items in. All the other tables in my home are Weiman leather top tables from the 1950s that my parents bought for their new home in Chicago. Haven't looked under the tables for any lot numbers as of yet but will. I do remember my parents discussing the price of the identical pair that I have which was $100 each. They also invested in glass tops to protect the leather. Those tables have gone from Chicago to Palm Beach and back to Illinois. They're well traveled and beautiful still. Am so glad I got the new table. Can just imagine the value of these items just from the compliments I receive about their beauty and craftmanship. Would like info on finding wheels for an end table that was damaged in shipping. Need two out of the four.

From ray underwood, 11/22/2009  8:42 PM

I have a drop leaf table with 4 chairs and on the bottom of the table is a medal tag-Lammert's 911-919 Washington Ave.St.louis Mo.furnishings of character.Can anyone give a value to this table, made in the 1940's or 1950's? Thank you

From Lyn Watkins, 11/21/2009  10:44 AM

Is there anywhere to find replacement wheels for a Weiman coffee table?

From David Kennedy, 10/15/2009  4:51 PM

I purchased an end table from our Goodwill yesterday for the sum of $4.90. It has a rounded closed rear with two small doors with wire filigree insets. Top is leather, wood looks to be cherry with side inlays of maple?. Small square tapered legs with brass boots and tiny wheels...Number is 7500.
Anybody give the year of manufacture and value. Only damage is a waterglass ring in the leather varnish.

thanks...dk

From Denise, 10/10/2009  10:45 PM

I just purchased 2 end tables marked Weiman The rockwood collection. Anyone have any info?

From C. Dawson, 9/6/2009  4:56 PM

We just purchased a console/credenza with a small black metal plate with the name WEIMAN. It does have a white/tan marble top and has two doors with a drawer in the middle on the front. It has a BONE WHITE stamp on the inside, but has been refinished a brown wood tone. The stamp on the bottom of the drawer is WEIMAN HEIRLOOM QUALITY TABLE, # 536-1906. If anyone knows the history of this type of piece it would be greatly appreciated. We do not collect antiques and simply bought it because of it's beauty, Unfortunetely, it needs some TLC, which we are happy to do, but would like to put it back to it's original condition. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

From joanna, 9/6/2009  4:17 PM

I have a lammert chair that I got from a client at the assisted living home that I work at and don't know much about it, but would like to know more. It is a lammert chair looks very traditional just needs to be professionally cleaned. There are numbers on the bottom that read R106 W117 then below that is 3601 then below that is P446-74-S. If anyone can give me any information on it I would greatly appreciate it. It is a very beautiful piece. Thanks!

From TOWONIA, 8/24/2009  12:53 PM

I HAVE A TWO TIER PIE CRUST TABLE #8648 WITH THE NAME OF WEIMAN HEIRLOOM QUALITY FURNITURE CO ROCKFORD IL. I TO AM TRYING TO GET SOME INFORMATION ON. I RECEIVED FROM AN ESTATE OF A RELATIVE IN NEW YORK ALONG WITH A COFFEE TABLE THE ELEGANCE OF LEONARDO, LEONARDO FURNITURE CO NEW YORK, NEW YORK. I DO KNOW BOTH OF THESE ITEMS ARE OVER 50 YEARS OLD AND WERE VERY EXPENSIVE IF NOT RARE ONE OF A KIND.

From Heather Blenkush, 7/25/2009  3:32 PM

I inherited a bedroom set from my grandparents. It was purchased in St. Louis from Lammert's furniture store probably in the 1950's. It appears to be maple. There is a full sized bed, a tall dresser, and a long dresser. What makes these unique is the pretty scalloped detail on all of them. I'm looking to sell the set but I have no idea what they are worth. They are all in fairly good shape except for a little scuffing around some of the handles on the dressers. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!

From Diana Hawkins, 7/7/2009  8:32 AM

I have a small pedistal table with the name WEIMAN stamped on the bottom of the pedistal and the letters and numbers M-234 and just below that CT-314. Any info about this piece would be appreciated. I purchased from a second hand store.

From chictique girl, 6/16/2009  3:12 PM

We have a Weiman #9702 Heirloom Quality Table, 2 tiered, Square sculptured top w/leather inlay w/gold, brass boots on bottoms of inlaid legs and rollers...burled wood on sides of top (all 4 sides are sculptured w/sculptured dovetailed drawer)..The shelf has concave sides...The amazing cut to fit sculptured glass top w/few minor dings on beveled edges...Didn't hear anything about the rollers, inlay design on legs or glass top cut to fit??? on anyone else's tables on these listings/questions... Anyone know anything here??? Value??? Year??? Any info MOST APPRECIATED...Chictique girl...

From maggie brammall, 3/30/2009  1:09 PM

my stepfather was the designer for weiman (rockford) in the fifties. at the same time he was designing stiffel lamps (chicago). we lived in southern wisconsin.

as "servant to two masters" he wound up in the hospital suffering from exhaustion and dropped his contract with weiman, around 1953. he stayed on with stiffel 'til around 1963. his name was edwin cole.

we had a lot of the tables in our house and the leather inlay was almost a signature of the brand.

no idea of value. though they were awfully good quality!
so, enjoy.

From Laura, 3/16/2009  9:50 PM

I have a Lammert's furniture set that consists of two twin beds, two desks, one desk chair, a corner table with drawer and a dresser with matching hutch. The pieces have Lammert's gold metal tag on the back..What would they be worth?

From Jamie F, 3/1/2009  6:51 PM

Hello,
I also have a piece by Weiman. It is a beautiful mirror that is 58"x18" with interesting circular metal detailing in the four corners. I have pictures of it. It's a heavy piece. It is stamped on the back in a circle "Weiman Tables Heirloom Quality" And underneath it reads 229-6100 (not sure if that is a serial number). On the top backside there is a plate that reads "MOCHA". Upon researching Weiman furniture I have yet to see another mirror out there. Does anyone have any information about my piece. I'd love to know more! Please e-mail me at sunshineyday2day@aol.com. Thanks!

From Darrilyn, 2/28/2009  11:27 PM

I have a Heirloom Weiman stamped 9905 ,does anyone know any thing about this table?

From Lon, 2/17/2009  1:55 PM

I have 2 weiman heirloom quality end tables,stamped underneath with a there brand and model ,that being 5708,with matching coffee table,purchased new by my grandmother I believe in the late 40's, they have leather tops w/gold trim,the coffee table has a drawer across the front,they are all in beautiful condition I have them listed on craiglist in columbus ohio,there you will find photos also any questions or comments feel free to contact me at gogodalways@yahoo.com.

From Jim Allen, 2/16/2009  11:24 PM

I own a weiman lamp table#341 1003. I am trying to get
some info as to age and value.I would much appreciate any info you could give me.
                                                                                                                                                                                                       thank you. Jim Allen

From Henry Levinson, 2/12/2009  6:45 PM

I was associated with Weiman from 1965 till they discontinued manufacturing after having been sold to the Bassett Company in 1979. The table and style number you have was manufactured in Rockford, Illinois. After closing their Rockford plant they moved their facility to Ramseur, NC where the line became much more commercial in an effort to keep prices down. Your table has no great value though there are still people, like myself, who are very senior citizens who remember Weiman fondly. They were particularly strong in New York, and the Chicago area though they sold to better stores throughout the United States. Prior to WW2 most fine furniture made in America were manufactured in the Grand Rapids, MI and Rockfor, IL. After the war changing economics caused the industry to move south, primarily North Caroline. Today a high percentage of wood furniture sold in the US is made in China (like eveything else).

From janine kawetzki, 2/1/2009  9:37 AM

I have a weinman piece. It is a half moon shape with a drawer in the middle top is inlaid with leather and gold outline. Both ends fold up for extended use and the legs are pedistal. The drawer is stamped underneath with Weiman tables heirloom quality # 5373. I live in Nova Scotia and its been passed down from one generation to another. It has to be very old, would like to know if anyone has anything similiar to this piece, can provide pictures.

From Pete Veight, 11/29/2008  4:03 PM

I have a Weiman drum table #8002 in Ct. Anybody interested in it contact me at petev8@webtv.net

From vw, 10/14/2008  10:34 PM

I was just given 4 Weiman pieces (2 end tables, coffee table and a drum table) All have marble tops and have that off white greenish antique finish. They are in excellent condition. In addition to the Weiman stamping and code numbers on each piece it also says made in Portugal. It also is stamped "Rockwood Collection" There is no year to be found anywhere. I'm also looking to find out it's worth and how old.   

From joann, 10/1/2008  9:20 PM

I purchased a Weiman table #1720 today in a shop. A lamp table with one drawer. It has an inlaid top (leather, I believe)and some gold paint or stamping around the inset. The grain of the wood is beautiful. It has brass tipped legs. It is stamped Premium Quality Weiman Table under the drawer. Any information about this piece, its age, and/or value would be of interest to me... I'm sure, now that I have cleaned and polished it, that I will enjoy it a long time..

From Lars Tyrén, 9/20/2008  11:18 AM

I have a table with the print Weiman tables quality 8322 in good condition, could you please give me an idea of how old it is and what it might be worth?

From Brad Gearheart, 7/22/2008  8:04 PM

I have a table that is a weiman heirloom model number 482-4321. I believe it is around thirty years old but would like some more information on it. Thanks

From PJ, 7/5/2008  11:16 PM

I have a two tier round Weiman Heirloom Quality Furniture table with three legs that have brass feet. The number engraved is #598. It appears to be cherry with an inlay around the border of each tier. My Mother had it and she just passed away. I can trace it back to the early 80's in my family but don't know when and where it originated. Have no idea of the value. Besides the name on the label it says Rockford, Ill. I know it has to be 40-50 years old. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

From Alana, 6/25/2008  10:50 PM

Hello, the Weiman table I picked up at a garage sale is square with a marble top inset. A small draw and pretty wood carvings. It has metal feet. It has a plate with CAPRI written on it underneath, and the number is 28 1424 and also the number 3217/20 whatever that means. If anyone knows its value I would love to know!

From marcia, 6/14/2008  12:09 AM

My mother recently passed away and we have two Weiman heirloom quality end tables with a drop leaf on both sides, leather top, #5400. Any idea what it might be worth. It must have been bought around 1950 but I'm not sure.

From Nelly, 5/12/2008  9:42 PM

I have a Heirloom Weiman Tables Quality console table. The top is imported black slate from Italy, spindle legs that are carved, very attractive! It also bears a brass metal engraved with WED-C. The number shown on the console is 905-5903. I purchased it in the 1960's and it was rather expensive.
I am wondering if the engraved letters are of specially meaning idntifying perhaps the person that carved it?

From gloria, 4/21/2008  11:19 PM

i have a weiman Heirloom side table with a marble top with the number 311-796. I would like to know more about this piece.

From Karen, 3/30/2008  6:01 PM

Hello from Canada. I have a beautiful coffee and two matching end tables all marked Weiman on brass plates. Writing under the table says that it is made of poplar and solid co__l. Would love to know how old the set is and its worth.

From Tony, 3/21/2008  10:00 AM

I have a round drum like Weiman table. Very heavy. It has Weiman stamped on the bottom but I cant find anything out on this piece. Has anyone been able to determine values etc? Email me please at bartotony@yahoo.com
thanks!

From ronda, 3/8/2008  8:17 PM

I have a weiman heirloom #21154132 marble top straite legs end table could you tell me what this might be worth.

From Don, 2/28/2008  4:38 PM

The weiman furniture Company of Rockford, IL manufatured higher quality furniture from 1942 or 1943 until they were bought out and closed in about 1961. Many of the mahogony pieces are bringing fairly good prices at auctions. Check the websites of these, and of course --- EBAY.

From BB, 2/24/2008  12:41 AM

I have a Weiman bedroom set and it is truly beautiful.....but I can't find out any information either..... All I know is there is Weiman stamped in the wood in the top dresser drawer of the piece with mirror

From Msg, 2/23/2008  4:17 PM

I just got 2 Heirloom Weiman tables identical numbered 109-b404. I would love to sell them. Anyone interested? email me @gourvell@aol.com

From Clara, 2/4/2008  11:07 AM

I have a round table with leather-in-lay top in very good condition, 27 3/4" high and 30 1/2" across,with a pedestal and three legs. It has a drawer and has printed on the bottom-Weiman Heirloom Table, with the number 939-C100. I also have two end tables with drawer and second shelf,with the number 3532 and coffee table numbered 5364. They also have the leather-in-lay tops and are in good condition. I was wondering what the date would be and the value of these tables. Please let me know. Thanks.

From Tim, 2/2/2008  2:42 PM

I have been looking at my mother's Weiman coffee table for more than 50 years. It is lovely piece, and I, too, would like to know its value. I see that Weiman is now part of Bassett, and the furniture is very contemporary. My mother's coffee table is Heirloom Quality and numbered 9-53125. It is 56" long, 17" high, and 21" wide. I am thinking of parting with it, but I do not know if it is a fine piece of furniture or a piece of everyday auctionable furniture.

From Alicia, 2/1/2008  11:01 PM

I have 2 Weiman end tables with a slide-out tray under the Italian marble tops (apricot/ivory colored), they have curved legs with pretty carved designs at the top and bottom. They have a certification # 271217 CHEVALLEY MAYFLOWER which is on a sticker on the wood part underneath. The marble tops come completely off and are very very heavy. Both marble tops have #'s 7727-7 and 7727-12 and say Belgium on them. I got these at an auction about 12-13 years ago and at that time they came with a matching coffee table but a few years ago I got rid of the coffee table :( I've never seen tables like these anywhere, anyone have any idea what they might be worth?

From kay, 1/21/2008  6:50 PM

WOW!! I just found a Weiman Heirloom quality table outside by the trash bin! It is a beautiful side table with claw legs. It is very sturdy and well made. I knew instantly that it was something special. Why anybody would throw it out is beyond me. I would love to find out more about my new find. It has a metal plate stamed NORM and a number 270-9452. I am sooo curious! somebody tell me where i can get more info PLEASE

From Kenny, 12/5/2007  11:01 PM

I have an 3-legged octagonal Weiman Heirloom Quality pedestal table (Rockford, ILL) that has a stenciled code # 5822 and a factory-carved-in number 361. It was given to me by my grandmother who received as a wedding gift circa 1937. It is in perfect condition. It has beautiful woodworking detail around the table edges, similar to a lace effect. Can anybody tell me the value of the table and if it is common or scarce? Thank you.

From Susan, 12/4/2007  10:55 PM

I have a Weiman table that was given to me. It is round drum table with leather top. The bottom turns around. It has pedestal claw legs. It has the #5027 on it. And a gold plate on the bottom that says Lammerts Furniture. I wonder what the value is? Really not sure what kind of table it is. i know it is a Weiman.

From Amy, 10/28/2007  10:21 AM

I just purchased a small Weiman table at Goodwill for $7! The veneers are beautiful. It has a very detailed wood inlay conch shell on the top. The legs are square and tapered with small balls on the ends. It has numbers 111-559 and 23/1200 hand written on bottom. I too, am trying to find out more about this manufacturer. Its a beautiful piece.

From Maureen, 10/8/2007  1:29 PM

I have 4 Weiman leather topped tables numbered and marked Heirloom Quality. They were my handed down from my uncle's aunt and are circa 1930 or earlier. The 2 pedestal end tables are in good condition, as is the pedestal round table (with drawer). The coffee table has a leaf (stored within the table itself) that enables it to be extended; it needs repair. I am curious as to their value.

From Jake, 9/6/2007  11:12 PM

I have a Weiman Heirloom Quality Lamp Table that is numbered and marked. It is one of the most beautiful pieces of furniture I own, and I own a fine antique shop. The burl veneers used to make this table are as exquisite as any Ive seen. The quality and strength are there also. This furniture should be very valuable!!! I would love to have more of it in my house and shop.
Regards, Jake

From Kevin, 6/12/2007  10:37 PM

I also have pictures of these tables.

From Kevin, 6/12/2007  10:35 PM

I have a coffee table with leather inlaid it measures 48 inches long,but,it also has a leaf that comes out when you pull it apart on both ends and it measures 66 inches long.Also I have 2 end tables that go with the coffee table,they have a double shelf with leather inlaid,all the tables have the brass casters and never been redone.On the bottom of the end tables it says,Heirloom Weiman Tables Quality #9402.Where do Ifind out hom much these tables are worth???

From Donne, 1/29/2007  11:38 PM

I have two identical Weiman tables numbered 5022. They are square topped, except for scalloped corners. They are leather topped on pedestal stands. They belonged to my mother and are at least 50 years old, if not older.

From Michelle, 1/22/2007  4:02 PM

My sister is looking to get a value on the Weiman coffee table that her grandmother gave to her. It also is stamped Weiman and has a serial number. The table measures 46 inches around and the table top is able to spin. Any help would be great.

From Melinda, 8/15/2005  3:24 PM

So, do you know where I can go to look up information on this product? Or is the editor correct in saying that I should have it appraised? Thank you for letting me know where it was more than likely made. I am very interested in this table. It is very beautiful. melosborne2@hotmail.com

From Sylvia, 8/15/2005  2:18 PM

I have a weiman table that belonged to my grandmother. She liked expensive things and owned beautiful furn. She would not say how much she spent on her weiman table. It was suppose to be very expensive. I have the original tags on mine. It was made in Rockford Illinois. She purchased hers in the 1955 period. The table tops in leather are table dyed and hand padded. Mine is also numbered. I do know they are expensive. I have worked and trained sales people in the furniture industry and know a quality piece when I see it. The carving is exceptional. srustellis@msn.com

From Melinda, 8/3/2005  11:40 AM

Thank you. I had no idea where to look or anything. I am just interested in finding out when it was made. It is a very pretty table. melosborne26@hotmail.com

From Guest, 8/3/2005  11:38 AM

My guess is that you won't be able to find out much information. There are very few companies (Stickley is one of these) that will help you to determine the pedigree of your furniture. My guess is this piece doesn't have any great historical or monetary value. You can contact www.whatsitworthtoyou.com or email appraisals@furniturebrains.com if you want to get an inexpensive appraisal. - Russell