Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

CORNER TABLE THAT TWIN BEDS SLIDE UNDER

I am looking for a square table that fits in a corner and serves as a night stand for 2 twin beds. One twin bed rolls under the table when not in use. These were around about 30 years ago - everyone remembers but no one seems to know if they are still made, and if so, who makes them. Can you help? Thanks

Posted By Guest, 11/9/1999

Login to Reply to this Topic

Replies

From renenorton@hotmail.com, 1/23/2024  6:18 AM

Did anyone find them. I too want a set

From Guest, 8/11/2011  10:16 AM

I have an original complete set. Located in Omaha, NE. Please contact me by e-mail at d.Briggs99@yahoo.com if you would like this and could pick it up.

From Guest, 7/21/2011  6:26 PM

Yes...I've been looking, too. Ashley is a "no go". Had one as a kid and would now like one for a guest room. Chino, Ca. here.

From MICHELLE, 4/6/2011  3:11 PM

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHERE TO FIND THESE ALSO, THANKS!

From diane, 2/10/2011  7:43 PM

i had that same set when i was younger back in about 1980...i have never seen it again. i did see the lea collection midtown and the mystyle one but their not it...if you ever find it, please let meknow. thanks.

From Joyce, 1/14/2011  3:44 PM

The beds were basically twin box springs sets with six casters on the bottom so they could be moved around easily. The square table was very simple in design, almost a Quaker style. One bed slipped halfway under the table, the second butted up against the side of the table forming an "L" shape. There were three bolsters, two for the long side, one for the short side. Wish I could find another set.

From Cindi, 1/3/2011  9:10 PM

The coner bed, 11 piece corner bed set. I had one as a kid and have been searching for another one, no luck though just a picture of one.You would think with all the reproductionds of the seventies furniture, they would reproduce this one!!! With all the feed back on this page theyd make a pretty penny!

From Luci, 11/25/2010  11:39 AM

luci.durfee@yahoo.com

From Luci, 11/25/2010  11:38 AM

@Jody. If you still have the bed can you please email me a photo and the price you are asking. i have been looking for something like this for quite sometime now. I live in Lakewood and I have a brother in Riverside.

From Jodi, 11/23/2010  3:46 PM

I have an oak set one bed has 3 drawers and slides under the other bed that sits on 2 drawers. Was wanting to sell but don't have a name to tell people what they are. I thought they were called captains bed, but that isn't what I found ob the net. in Riverside, Ca.

From bwotx, 9/3/2010  12:42 AM

In Dallas, Tx area and looking for the same type of twin bed corner unit.

From cathilina, 8/25/2010  12:00 AM

@Leah
Did you sell the bed at the estate sale.
If not where can I see pictures?

From Carla, 7/27/2010  8:48 PM

I just found a nice set at Ashley Furniture. The name of the group is Mi Style.It can be viewed at www.ashleyfurniturehomestore.com Hope this helps.

From Willie, 7/27/2010  7:02 PM

I have a twin bed corner unit. It is in great condition. Priced to sell. Eugene, Oregon. Can send photos on request

From Leah Black, 7/14/2010  9:53 PM

One of these is coming up in an estate sale in Richardson, TX at the end of the month. It is from the seventies.

From Kelly, 7/2/2010  4:17 PM

I can't believe all these people are looking for the same bed room set I am. I had one when I was a (deleted). It had covers that fit over them and back pillows like a couch, one bed slid under a table that had a radio in it. If anyone knows were to find these please contact me!!!

From Jerry, 6/29/2010  2:20 PM

The twin bed with corner table is called a MI Style, the most recent effort is by Ashley Signature line, available for sale by others in addition to Ashley Furniture.Product ID is: ASHL-SD-MSTL-TWIN-BDRM-8149. A good picture is found on web site of TheFurniture.com

From sandy, 4/4/2010  2:09 PM

try furniture XO.com there is one that is made by "Lea" and it's called "Midtown kids corner group" only 682.00 free shipping and delivery and no sales tax. the storage is not included but you can buy them seperatly for a few hundred. still, a great deal. hope this helps for those of you that have been looking for this set. I also had one as a kid back in the 70's.

From owen, 11/18/2009  6:41 PM

STILL SEARCHING!

From GLORIA LOVE, 9/30/2009  7:13 PM

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE YOU CA GET A BED THAT HAS
A CORNOR TABLE AND ONE BED SLIDES UNDER

From sharon, 9/16/2009  12:11 AM

I've hoping to find a corner bed set similar to one I had growing up - two twin beds with a table and one of the beds slides about half way into under the table. Great space saver by day. Any info on locating a new or used set would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

From betty, 9/15/2009  2:06 PM

Anyone ever find that table? I am hoping to conserve space in a guest room.

Thanks.

From Angela, 1/23/2009  2:34 PM

Thanks for all the info...I'm still on the hunt so if anyone has been able to find out where this table is still avail, please e-mail.. Thank you again, good luck and Happy Hunting!

From Sheryl, 1/16/2009  1:33 AM

I found something like what everyone is talking about. It is similar to the PB design, but cheaper. One twin slides under the corner piece and you can hook up your ipod! The website is www.thefurniture.com (strange name). It is called the Mi Style collection.

From SANDY, 1/3/2009  11:49 PM

WHERE CAN YOU GET THESE BED?

From Chris, 12/27/2008  5:29 AM

Geez, I have also been looking. I bet it will be impossible to find here on Maui! I always wanted one since the Brady Bunch! Had one for a spell, but long gone. If we could at least find out the real name, I'd at least like to see a pic, for old times sake. Anyone find a pic?

Thanks, Chris

From kim Kelaita, 12/7/2008  4:27 PM

unreal...we have been searching the net for months...we have a set still from the 70's but need some more...I do have another clue...we bought it from a furniture store in Cicero, Illinois called Motif Furniture...but I have had no luck finding them....maybe this can help??

From Debra, 8/24/2008  8:34 PM

Nicole -
I am also looking for the table with the built in am/fm radio for the corner group.
Let me know where it is located so I can view it and possibly bid on it.
Thank you

From Nicole, 8/14/2008  5:37 PM

I am looking to sell my corner table. It has a built in record player as well as a radio. E-mail me if you are interested. I am taking offers at this time.
Thanks,
Nicole

From Amy, 7/27/2008  6:35 PM

I'm an Interior Designer and have used this set-up a few times. The easiest way to do it is to buy the twin beds frames & mattresses, then buy (or have built)a simple Parson's table to fit the beds.

From Paula, 6/23/2008  6:46 PM

At Alfa Dinettes, they show 2 sofas which slide under a table w/ the dimensions 33 d x 23 h x 37 wide. A pair of twin mattresses and a good carpenter might solve the problem. I agree that this is an item that should be revived.

From Chrissy, 5/15/2008  1:33 PM

I too am looking for this type of bedroom set. My son saw the one in Pottery Barn (deleted) and asked for it. It is very nice but way too expensive. Please let me know if you find anything and I will do the same.

From Carol Livingston, 3/11/2008  1:43 PM

My grandmother had one and my cousins gave it away without advising me. I did see one in a Pottery Barn catalog a couple of months ago.

From Tom, 2/25/2008  4:42 PM

Strange how difficult it is to find any sort of picture of this type of corner bed unit. I had this set-up in my first apartment...(bachelors),in 1973. Bolsters to match a hawaii style fabric. Both twin beds on Castor wheels. Just a lost piece of furniture I guess.

From LG, 1/12/2008  11:53 PM

I'm looking for a corner table that twin beds slide under. Hope you can help.
Thanks.

From LG, 1/12/2008  11:52 PM

I hope someone has heard of where to find the corner table that twin beds slide under. I'm looking for the same thing! Any luck?

From Francine, 1/6/2008  5:17 PM

I'm searching for the very same table! Any luck locating it?

From Carole, 1/4/2008  3:15 PM

That's exactly what I'm looking for . We called it a Studio Bed set in the '70's.

From Linda, 12/18/2007  8:06 PM

Hi I'm searching for the exact same thing wondering if you found anything the set I'm talking about the corner table was 2 tiered and housed a stereo in it the beds where on casters. If you found out anything please email me. Thank you and have a wonderful holiday.

From Russell at Furniture World Magazine, 7/12/2004  11:26 PM

I don't know, but posted your inquiry to furninfo.com for additional response.