Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

INFO ON RANDOLPH FURNITURE WORKS

Good Morning: I'm looking for information and or a furniture catalog for a company from roughly 1882 until about 1945 it was call the Randolph Furniture Works. My family and I have a dimension business in the building that they built in Randolph, NY and we have been here since 1965 and have never come across any of the early furniture that was made here. I would like to see some of it to possible reproduce or at the very least to get a little history of the great old building. I do know that in 1945 Randolph Furniture works was bought out by a company called Davis Furniture of Jamestown, NY and then was rename to Davis-Randolph Company. If you have any resources about The Randolph Furniture Works or could tell me where to turn it would be very helpful. My local library and history center referred me to your website they have been a great help with general history facts but there does not seem to be any old furniture catalogs available. I have even check with a lot of local antique dealers and no one has had any pieces in there studios in a long time. Thank you in advance for your help, Curtis Zdunski, Corp

Posted By Alex, 10/3/2003

Login to Reply to this Topic

Replies

From xtrz57@gmail.com, 6/25/2023  3:28 PM

Hi...I have a dresser...I have it posted on Craigslist...here is the link...Larry https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/atq/d/summit-argo-dresser-old-antique/7636613473.html

From Sclark, 1/24/2022  5:05 PM

I just bought the Davis Furniture building in Jamestown NY, 111 Cheney St. If anyone has any information as to the history of the building, I'd love to hear about it. If there are any old photos, I'd also love to see them! My email is scottc@falcon-acq.com

From santoinserra@Ggmail.com, 4/15/2020  1:45 PM

I have a bedroom suit from Randolph Furniture Works plant 2. It was purchased in 1942 by my parents. It is Walnut book matched veneers. Art Decco style. I have refinished it about 5 years ago. Pictures available from santoinserra@gmail.com. 

From joyfulsusan, 1/22/2016  12:39 PM

I have a china cabinet that I inherited from my grandmother.  It has a tag on the back that says - Randolph Furniture Works, Jamestown, NY. then Anthone Furniture, 692 Michigan Ave., Buffalo, NY.  It is glass fronted and has one drawer.  It is still in pretty good shape.  I found your post when looking for information on the cabinet.  If you want photo's, I'll be happy to post them.  It's a lovely piece, that I use to store my mother's china.

From katepenmil, 7/28/2014  3:45 PM

I just came across your post from 11 years ago.  Well I have a piece of Randolph Furniture company with an actual tag sent from NEWYORK to Chicago, Illinois.  It sits on top of dresser with a swing mirror and a pull out drawer!  If you want a picture let me know

From rmadson, 3/1/2013  9:37 PM

i have a headbord and foot bord and rails from randolph furniture works plant no.2 new york  it came from sears roebuck&co 1400,35th street chicago,il i was trying to find out more about it its in ok shape i fell in love with it win i got it it came out of a old house in tn. i live in ingleside il. suburb of chicago i would like to know how old it is on the tag 152 wal rails  department#8700 any imfo would be cool thank you

From genr8torx, 2/25/2013  9:14 PM

Does anyone have any info on a chair with label that says:
Bradshaw & McCartney, 178 N. Franklin, Chicago, IL

#158 Cherry Chair

Randolph Furniture Works
Jamestown, N.Y.  Plant #2

Thanks

From Guest, 8/14/2011  3:49 PM

Hi, have a Randolph Furniture Works mahogany bedroom suite with tall chest, low chest, mirror, vanity with mirror and bench, full sleigh bed, and night stand. In almost mint condition. Where can I find it's value. #39 is written on all pieces. Made in plant #1 in Randolph, NY.

Please email me at seking1117@yahoo.com. Thanks for any help.

From AshleyG, 4/23/2011  12:42 AM

I just bought a desk from my local Goodwill. The back has the original Randolph Furniture Works tag with piece #423 on it. I was looking to see if the furniture was of any value. Does anyone know? There doesn't seem to be much info on it anywhere. Thank You.

From Joseph Piekos, 4/12/2011  2:43 PM

I am in the process of restoring and refinishing a Davis Furniture Co, james town, NY, Cherry 6 drawer Dresser, with one of the drawer that folds out into a desk with "pigeon holes", and a "Twin" headboard and foot board. I'm trying to get in touch with someone there that knows finishes, because I want to duplicate the finish, and would like to know what stain they used and if the shellac was clear or amber.

From Debbie, 4/8/2011  11:58 AM

Does anyone have the history of the Randolph Furniture Factory? It is currently being demolished.

From teresa wyant, 3/10/2011  7:31 AM

i have a 5 piece walnut veneer finish bedroom set made in randolph furiture world plant #1. i am looking for any information on this furniture.

From Mike Milligan, 1/23/2011  10:11 AM

Owen Mclarney was my Grandfather and I am interested in inquiring about the fire at the Randolph Fire at the Randolph Furniture Works. I have been led to believe that my Grandfather owned the factory. Thanks for any information that you can provide me.

From jennifer, 1/2/2011  1:07 PM

Hello my mother just aquired from someones TRASH! a beautiful bench has an upholstered cushion that lifts up and has several square compartments underneath. Label says Randolph Furniture works Plant No 2 Walnut Finish #255 Bench. Any info on this piece would be appreciated as it is in beautiful condition will all original tags on underside! Thank you!

From Myrian, 10/22/2010  9:43 AM

Hi. I live in Harrisburg, PA and I have a birdseye maple veneer bedroom set that includes a full size bed, nightstand, tall dresser, vanity with mirror and bench. The set was made by Randolph NY and there are labels and numbers in the back of each piece. It's been used by my daughter and she wants to change it. So I am interested in sell it.    

From MIKE & JILL MORAN, 10/16/2010  3:33 PM

We have a three piece mahogany bedroom set with a dressor and mirror, a bachelor's chest and bed. it is in very good condition. We too were wondering what it's value was since were were considering selling it.

From Randy, 9/23/2010  6:39 PM

I have vanity Randolph Furniture Works plant no.1 Randolph, new york. Have no idea what it is worth. It is in EXCELLENT condition! it has a number 215 on the lable.

From annrajski, 6/11/2010  8:07 PM

my great grandparents, Jenson, and Lounsbury, grandparents worked and possible owned the randolph furniture Factory in randolph, ny in the 30's and 40's and i have a commode given to my mother as wedding gift in 1930. my godfather was ralph dexter in 1933.

From dede, 3/13/2010  12:33 PM

Hi, I have Randolph Furniture Works dresser and chest, with 254; I would love to see pictures of Kathy C's headboard and/or dresser...

From Sabra, 10/8/2009  5:17 PM

Hi!
I was researching Randolph Furniture Works. We have a beautiful China Cabinet made at the works in plant#3 in Jamestown NY. Have no idea what it is worth. It is in EXCELLENT condition!

From Kathy Cornish, 8/30/2009  1:11 PM

My parents' bedroom set purchased in mid 1940's has a label on it Randolph Furniture Works, Randolph, NY -- additional info on label says: Plant #1 Randolph, NY WOOD - Walnut Veneer. The nightstand has a number 254.
I have the headboard and dresser with mirror as well. Has anyone that has posted messages received any information regarding potential value for their pieces? I know some of these posts are old.

Have your pieces been identified as Art Deco?

I would appreciate a response from anyone that may have any information. Thanks,
Kathy

From Tony Mercurio, 8/17/2009  5:26 PM

I also have a three piece set. Not sure if it is cherry or mahogany.
I'm debating whether to sell of keep so I would be interested if either Larry of Jim have determined any value.
Thanks,

From Jim Wolfe, 8/6/2009  4:38 PM

Larry H. were you able to get an estimate of value for your Randolph bed set. I also have one with the same label and would be interested in the value. thanks

From Larry Hofferth, 5/3/2009  9:51 AM

I have a 3 piece bed room set made by the Randolph Furniture Works, Plant# 2, Jamestown NY. It is in fair to good condition. Some of the veneer has come off in a very minute amount. Does it have any value?

From Russell at Furniture World Magazine, 5/19/2004  9:11 AM

I found a one line listing in a 1941 issue of FURNITURE WORLD 's "Builders of The Furniture Industry of New York State And New Jersey" for both Randolph and Davis. The name of the company and the fact that they make bedroom furniture is the only information. The information included for other companies mainly deals with the founders and history of the company. Old catalogs are hard to come by even for surviving companies. I will post your message. Perhaps one of our readers will have access to better information.