Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

Information ON LEX CHAIR COMPANY PIECE

Hello, My name is Jason Simpson and I recently purchased an antique dining table and chairs. On the bottom, a stamp of "Lex Chair Company" is seen with serial numbers, department, etc. After doing some research, I discovered that there was a Lexington Chair Company in Lexington, NC. However, I have not been able to find any other information. I am looking for some type of history that might explain the origins of the company, founders, employees, etc. The stamp suggests the piece was manufactured in 1939. Is there any information available about this organization? ANY help would be much appreciated! Thank you, Matthews, NC .

Posted By Jas0n Simps0n, 5/20/2002

Login to Reply to this Topic

Replies

From Breit11763, 10/7/2021  5:23 PM

I too have a drop leaf table. It says 1800-180 underneath with Lex Chair Co. any idea how old It is ?

From Breit11763, 10/7/2021  5:22 PM

I too have a drop leaf table. It says 1800-800 underneath with Lex Chair Co. any idea how old It is ?

From tarheel1991, 2/24/2013  10:41 AM

I to have a drop leaf dinning table (1863, Lex, Chair Co) from Lexington Chair comapny.  Does anyone here know how much it's worth? 

From 554lirui, 1/23/2013  6:40 PM

I bought chairs </a> last week and it was great. I think it was worth trying.

From Jas0n Simps0n, 7/6/2011  8:17 PM

I have a drop leaf table with brass on the feet.Stamped 1903 MAH Lex Chair Company chalk writing 213.How do you get info on pieces and or find out their worth?

From Anna, 10/17/2010  2:35 AM

I have 3 harp back chairs, each with a sticker reading "Lexington Chair Company". I, too, wish to know their age. Brian, all have '134 mah' handwritten on them. The wood is lovely. Don't know if it's original finish. Seats have been recovered many times. Michelle, your table sounds gorgeous. Have you found any chairs yet? My sticker also has an address typed on it: MIDWEST FURN. & APP., MITCHELL, SO. DAKOTA. Trina, I don't know if that could be of any help to you. I'll check back here occasionally for new posts.

From Michelle, 7/18/2010  10:27 AM

I also have a table stamped 1872 Lex. Chair Co. The table is a Duncan Pyffe style table made from mahogany with harps on the base of the legs. It has been in my husbands family for awhile. Beyond that I don't know much about it. I am currantly looking for the harp back chairs to match it.

From Alex, 11/25/2009  8:56 PM

I just aquired a table and chairs.
The table also is stamped 1939 LEX CHAIR CO.
I refinish wood anything and was also interested. Lots of questions, no answers it seems.

From Trina, 11/17/2009  9:02 PM

I have a dark wood drop leaf table stamped Lex. Chair Company with "1927" stamped on the underside. Movers just damaged it and I'm trying to ascertain its worth.

From don, 9/9/2009  1:54 PM

I have a telephone(gossip) table stamped Lex. Chair Co 4005 Oak. Appears to be from the 40's or 50's light oak with Green vinyl seat cushion. Trying to find out more about it.

From Jayson, 9/5/2009  4:33 PM

I have a stamped Lex. Chair Co. and Edward Malley Co. child's chair and cant seem to find any thing like it or about it I would like to know a price range if anyone has any idea. Thanke Jayson

From Sarah, 8/10/2009  3:38 PM

I just received a dining table from my aunt that has "1939 Lex. Chair Company" stamped on the bottom. It folds down on both sides and seems to have brass covering on the feet. I would love any info regarding this company! Thanks ~Sarah

From veronica, 2/21/2008  3:56 AM

There seems to be a series of us here whom have furniture from the same company, with no avail to find out about our items.
I also have a table, it folds down on both sides, its stamped 1863 LEX CHAIR CO
i havent been able to flip it or look for much else its rather large, and im rather small. If anyone comes across this post, or the others with any info please post.
Thank you

From brian, 1/7/2008  8:11 PM

I just acquired a table with too hinged ends made by Lex Chair Company.It says "1485 MAH" and it seems to be mahagany.There is chalk writing that says "14-1485".
Let me know if anybody finds out anything. Thanks-Brian

From Jen, 12/1/2007  2:22 PM

Hi,

I just picked up a chair at a garage sale made by the Lexington Chair company. It has a tag on it that has the registry number in both North Carolina and a Commonwealth of Pennsylvania tag that has a registry number for the Department of Labor and Industry for Harrsiburg. I'm trying to determine the approximate date of manufacture. Any thoughts?

From Mike, 11/23/2007  12:30 PM

Hi Jason   
I just read your post from 2002 and I recently inhereted the same table you are describing. You probably won't read this but if you do and have discovered anything about the table I would really appreciate any info you've found.

Thanks!

Mike

From Russell at Furniture World Magazine, 6/23/2004  11:46 PM

Generally, trying to find information on furniture factories is not rewarding (especially if they are out of business or not a famous name like Kroehler, La-Z-Boy or located in the Grand Rapids Area). I will post your message for additional response from furninfo.com readers.