Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

RAPALLO LEATHER LIVING ROOM SET

Does anyone have any experience with Rapallo Leather purchases? I purchased a 4 pc dinning room set and it is now falling apart. I have e mailed and called - leaving numerous messages with no reply back from Rapallo Leather (I purchased this from Costco.com).Anyone have any suggestions?

Posted By mjs, 1/11/2007

Login to Reply to this Topic

Replies

From Maur, 12/15/2010  3:28 PM

My Rapallo leather couch is falling apart. The leather is flaking off and we are not happy with this purchase at all.   Costco is to call me today in regards of its return   I can not find any currect e-mail or web site from the company.    

From Rexene, 12/3/2009  12:54 AM

Does anyone have a current email address for Rapallo? I tried the ones on the website and they come back undelivered.

From Ray, 9/29/2009  7:49 PM

hi
I bought the DEL RIO Mahogany RAPALLO Leather sofa which we love does any one know where I can get the matching ottoman? I called Rapallo and they would not help me they said I have to purchase it through costco I tried but costco could not help me I know they did sell the ottoman to match did anybody notice this DEl Rio mahagony Rapallo Ottoman anywhere?
thanks in advance

From William, 2/25/2009  6:26 PM

I posted earlier here. I have now returned the sectional to Costco. I found that after only 8 months the leather was not what they portrayed it to be. My previous leather couch I had for 10 years, and it looked better after 10 years than this one after 8-9 months. In emails sent to Rapallo from their web site, they never respond, and I tried 4 times. Good riddens Rapallo Leather Company!

From coconut, 1/21/2009  9:52 PM

I purchased leather sofa set made by Rapallo company about 2 1/2 years ago. Minor fades on few area but sitting cushions are still in excellent condition. I really like this sofa set.

From Freda, 12/1/2008  7:00 PM

I just purchased a Devonshire sofa and loveseat at Sam's Club, made by Rapallo. I didn't order a swatch. I was very pleased with the color in the picture,and if the sofa and loveseat turned out to be different, a swatch wouldn't have mattered anyway.
Since reading some of your comments, I am now nervous and praying for the best. I was glad to read that it was made in the USA, but I absolutly cannot find out what state Rappalo is in, I think it's strange that thier location is listed nowhere, anyone know?

From William, 10/10/2008  5:55 PM

I emailed Costco about the issue with my sofa and the lack of response from Rapollo Leather. Seems as though Costco is NO LONGER using them as a retailer, but of course, will still honor their money back/no hassle return policy.

From William, 9/30/2008  6:40 PM

I recently did buy the Rapallo Landsford Leather Sectional, but only because of Costco's no hassle return policy. It is always a guess when buying something like a sofa and never sitting on it or feeling it. So far though, I am OK with it, but a nick (my fault probably) has shown up on the leather surface and I cannot get Rapallo to respond to me in helping out to fix it (at my expense). So it does make me wonder about their customer service....

From Ed, 9/17/2008  10:04 AM

We bought the Devonshire 4-pc sectional living room from costco seven months ago, the couch was so uncomfortable, would actually collapse, felt like setting on plywood. Called costco, no problem sent truck to pickup with no questions, they say its 100% guarantee. I can get same uncomfortable furniture for half the price anywhere.

From pat, 9/7/2008  2:16 PM

I have the chair that matches the Henley Collection offered by CostCo.com, manufactered by Rapallo. (found it at a small leather furniture store) Suddenly it is gone from the website and I cannot get an answer from either CostCo or Rapallo if it is still an option. Would appreciate any information anyone might have. I did request a sample which I recieved and it matches the chair. This was prior to it disappearing from Costco.com . Rapallo still shows it on thier site. Thanks.....

From Hal V, 5/24/2008  7:59 PM

Hmmm, now I'm concerned. I ordered a Devonshire chair and ottoman, and just received the swatch, but could not confirm because I coundn't find enough numbers to satisfy the internet 14 number requirement for the "costco PO#". I left a message, since they are closed weekends. Has anyone had an experience with the Devonshire line? Thanks. Hal V

From Jamie, 5/23/2008  6:09 PM

I agree Rapallo is a great company, I purchased the Estelle set and it is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!! I recommend everyone to purchase this set, it is awesome and comfortable!!!!!!!!! the customer service reps are awesome!!! so helpful and great in answering all my questions!!!!!!!

From LUISA, 5/23/2008  5:57 PM

RAPALLO LEATHER IS A VERY AWESOME COMPANY, THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS GREAT AND IWLL BUY ANYTIME FROM THEM BUT BESIDES THEM COSTCO CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS THEY DO NOT ANSWER ME WITH THE TRUTH!!!!!!
RAPALLO LEATHER IS AWESOME!

From irma, 4/12/2008  6:59 PM

i also purchased the landsford sectional made by rapallo leather. When it arrived i was dissappionted at the craftmanship.The bottom was only cover with a thin cloth and held down with staples.It was the most careless and ridiculous craftmanship I have ever seen.I had waited three months to place the order as required by costco and really wanted that style.Needless to say i refused it and costcu refunded my money   

From LW, 3/30/2008  9:52 PM

I also ordered the Landsford leather sectional, but I was relieved when after a couple weeks they had not yet charged my credit card, yet had mailed me a letter with the swatches with an opportunity to cancel if I did not approve of the swatches or had any other concerns.

I guess if we were in desperate need of the sofa I'd have a different attitude. But I was relieved I got more time to consider it.

I'm curious about the poster who had trouble with getting resolution from Costco. On their site they claimed that all you'd have to do is return it to the Costco warehouse for a full refund. I realized not all that convenient, but when you're dropping over $2k it gave me piece of mind that I could recover my funds if I wasn't happy.

The question I have is, is the furniture comfortable?

From JCU, 3/22/2008  5:49 PM

We ordered the Landsford leather sectional through Costco.com. Instead of getting an order confirmation, Rapallo tells us a swatch is on the way and we must approve it first. Their broken english attempts at saying "don't worry" are not very comforting. Very suspect how they conduct themsleves.   Any comments on how get this done?

From Enid, 3/9/2008  12:42 AM

Anyone else know anything about the leather and seating from Rapallo? I am about to purchase the Landsford Leather Sectional from Costco which expires on March 9th, and have not received a swatch per request yet. Is it top grain? Are the cushions soft or stiff? Should I worry about the stitching everywhere (grid stitching all over the cushions)? Thanks

From R.P., 8/31/2007  3:24 PM

BEWARE!!! I bought the "matching" Landon recliners from Rapallo through Costco. STAY AWAY FROM RAPALLO!!! The chairs were priced together as a two-chair package and DID NOT EVEN REMOTELY MATCH!!! That was over four months ago and NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE. I finally gave up trying to work it out and went directly to Costco for a resolution. It has now taken Costco over a month and still nothing has been resolved. Costco even said that Rapallo was notoriously difficult to work with and would try to get things fixed "as soon as they could." I have provided pictures, swatches, etc. to both companies and Rapallo still drags their feet. Save yourself the hassle and AVOID RAPALLO ALTOGETHER. DON'T BE FOOLED INTO THINKING THAT COSTCO CAN HELP REMEDY RAPALLO'S MISTAKES.

From Juanita Owens, 5/4/2007  9:45 AM

Good Morning,

I Purchase a leather chaise #7484665 For WestBury
Item # 146407. besides Milan Brown, do you have
this color in another brown besides Milan, and if
I purchase this item will it be a problem. because
I'm reading the viewing. and it is like they never heard
of the Company. any way if you have this item in another
brown. please mail it to me.
Juanita Owens
2041 th avenue # A
New york 10027

From sarita, 4/13/2007  3:52 PM

Has anyone purchased the Capris Leather sectional from Costco made by Rapallo Leather Caompany? Please give headup before I buy it.

From Katie, 1/27/2007  8:51 PM

Rapallo Leather doesn't make dining room furniture. Are you sure you have the right company? I purchased furniture from them and reached them at csd@rapalloleather.com. I received a response right away. Good Luck

From Cathy, 1/16/2007  5:53 PM

Take it directly to Costoc...I've had similar experience only with Viewpoint leather...Costco is the one who handles the problem.