Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

Wood-Armfield Comments

I've heard that this furniture company will soon file for BK. Nobody wants to deliver goods to them becuase they do not pay its vendors. Thus, although the company will promise you a 10 to 12 week delivery time, they are currently operating at close to 6-7 months. This obviously won't work so, I've heard that this company will be no more soon. I also talked to someone who started an investigation into other kinds of alleged industry frauds by this company. Does anyone know what's up?

Posted By R, 11/18/2005

Login to Reply to this Topic

Replies

From Connie Voga, 4/16/2007  10:07 AM

I purchased a Sofa, Loveseat and Chair in December 06 and put it in storage until my house was complete in Feb 14. The furniture was pack and wrapped. When I unwraped this furniture it was nothing that I had expected when I purchased this suit. The bottom of this sofa and love seat is leaning forward toward the floor. I called the manufacture Brookwood Furniture and they said that there was no listing on the company records of Armfield Wood buying from them. They are unable to help me in this matter.
I was just another person that Armfield sucker in. If anyone know where I could find someone to talk to in this matter I would greatly appreciate. I am out $2,700.00 with this junk that I have.
Connie

From ko, 9/14/2006  12:00 PM

I am a customer of Wood Armfield who has lost my 1/3 deposit as well. I was told by a former employee that the company had not filled an order since November 2005. Since I placed my order in March, it seems like the company knew for some time that there was no chance I would get my furniture. The employees also gladly took the deposit to get their commission and put me off with business when I asked about my order. If only the news had gotten out sooner, a lot of people might still have the money that has basically been stolen from them.

From b, 8/21/2006  1:06 AM

me too. I have encountered the same lies from WA and the only thing I asked was for the furniture that I had allready paid 1/3 for to be dlivered. It took 9 months and I hope Wood Armfield is never able to reopen its doors.

From Tony, 8/18/2006  5:30 PM

This gentleman is owed a major apology.

He obviously had some sort of inside information. After being lied to by Wood Armfield for 6 months about the status of my furniture order, I finally called the manufacturer directly, and discovered the order was never even processed because Wood Armfield never sent the deposit. They said they had about 200 similar orders. For months Wood Armfield took deposits for orders they knew were not going to be placed, kept the money, and told people rediculous stories about their orders to get them off their backs until they could file for bankruptcy. Bankruptcy is not a shield for fraud. I hope these guys go to prison.

From Guest, 11/19/2005  2:44 PM

I also had trouble with this post. I've not heard anything about financial difficulties at Wood Armfield and have never recieved a complaint about the store. Since the posting is a question, I let it stand. Thanks for noting the double posting Peter, I've deleted the other post. -Russell

From Peter Schlosser, 11/19/2005  10:05 AM

Two postings within a few minutes of each other means you are the same person as Rickard. I strongly suggest you do not make accusations of impending bankruptcy against any company without some kind of surety; this is libelous. If you are having problems with getting a delivery then you should either go down to the store where you bought your furniture and demand a refund, or hire a lawyer to do it for you. Wood-Armfield has been around a long time and is a respected retailer--if they are having difficulty paying their creditors, like all of us do, then they will either sort it out or seek protection like you suggest. But since your insinuation has more of an insider feel to it than just the average consumer, I'd tread lightly or you could find yourself in a lot of legal trouble.