Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

Henry Link Bali Hai bedroom furniture

I have a set of Henry Link Bali Hail bedroom furniture in antique yellow finish in very good condition. I am interested in knowing more about it -- age,market value -- any ideas? I may be interested in selling.

Jeanne

Posted By Jeanne, 5/9/2007

Login to Reply to this Topic

Replies

From tikigaltoo, 7/18/2012  10:37 PM

@jzurasky
I just found this forum, do you still have some bali hai furniture for sale?  thanks.  wendy

From jzurasky, 6/19/2012  3:58 PM

I see this thread is a year old but if anyone is interested I have  piece Henry Link Bali Hai 6 piece bedroom set for sale. The color is antique yellow.

From Jeanne, 8/8/2011  2:30 PM

I am looking for a dresser and nightstand of the Bali Hai collection. I currently have 2 pieces I received from my grandmother and would like to finish off my set. I live in the Houston area so please contact me at amking414@gmail.com if you have any pieces you are trying to sell. Thanks!

From Jeanne, 7/21/2011  3:27 PM

Bali Hai by Henry Link. If you want to give me your e-mail address I will send you some pictures

From Jeanne, 7/21/2011  9:43 AM

I could easily come to CT, no problem. What brand are the pieces you are selling?

From Jeanne, 7/19/2011  3:06 PM

I do have the pieces (in yellow) I live in Fl but moving to CT in 6 weeks. I am trying to sell before I leave and would only bring if you came to CT and for sure buy...hope you understand

From Jeanne, 6/30/2011  2:16 PM

I am looking for either the 6 or 9 drawer double dresser in faux bamboo style. I would also be interested in nightstands as well. I live in NY. Please reply to this post if you have any for sale and are willing to ship to NY. Thanks!

From Jeanne, 6/29/2011  5:08 PM

Correction from last post.
Email is ajdavis8@yahoo.com
Contact me with pieces to sell. Trying to redecorate my daughters room in this look. THANKS

From Jeanne, 6/29/2011  5:00 PM

Please contact me if you have Bali Hai pieces to sell. Thanks, Amy
ajdacis8@yahoo.com

From Jeanne, 6/26/2011  12:33 PM

Michelle-

Do you still have the lingerie chest and bachelor's chest?

I am interested.

Gale

Galeflame@aol.com

From Mary, 5/13/2011  8:42 AM

Does anyone have the Henry Link Cirebon line for sale? Need 2 nightstands.

From Michelle, 4/17/2011  10:56 AM

I have the Bali Hai Lingerie chest & the bachelor's/butler's chest in yellow. I live in Jax, Fl

From Nikki K, 4/7/2011  11:50 AM

I am looking for a Bali Hai tall lingerie chest of drawers in the original yellow and what I think they called the bachelors/butlers chest. I am in Sarasota, FL. There is also a vendor on ebay who commonly sells Bali Hai pieces, but she refers to them only as "faux bamboo" . The sellers name is Kenedita. Search for her under "hollywood regency". I can be reached at NikkiKaye@gmail.com if you have what I am looking for.

From Michelle, 3/28/2011  5:01 PM

I have 5 pieces of the yellow Bali Hai set and looking to sell. If anyone is interested please respond...I live in N Fl.

From Kim, 3/28/2011  6:18 AM

My parents in northern Indiana are trying to settle my grandparents' household, which includes the Bali Hai king headboard, tall chest of drawers, dresser with mirror, two nightstands (one with drawer and one open shelving) and desk. They will not be able to ship or deliver.

From cindy, 3/10/2011  3:56 PM

I am looking for a Henry Link Bali Hai queen headboard in the original yellow color. Pls let me know if anyone has one for sale. I am in Maryland Thank you.

From Kathryn Robertson, 2/18/2011  1:08 PM

I'm in SoFL and looking for a Henry Link Bali Hai small chest (3 drawer)....has anyone seen one for sale? If so, plz email me at kathrobertson@att.net.
Thanks,
Kat

From Gale, 2/12/2011  4:36 PM

I am looking for the Henry Link Bali Hai lingerie chest in yellow. I am in southeastern Florida until April, and live in Cleveland during the warmer months. If you have the chest and are near either of these places let me know!

From sarah, 2/8/2011  4:47 AM

bonnie do u still have the desk hutch and chair? would you be able to send me pics?

From Bonnie, 2/7/2011  12:07 AM

I have the Henry Link Bali Hai Secretary Desk and the matching Hutch and Chair for sale. I am in the Alpharetta, Georgia area. bonalex99@gmail.com

From Bonnie, 2/7/2011  12:05 AM

I have the Henry Link Bali Hai Secretary Desk and the matching Hutch and Chair for sale. I am in the Alpharetta, Georgia area.

From Julie, 1/24/2011  10:22 PM

I have the 3 drawer dresser w/mirror, 3 drawer chest w/bookcase, and the canopy bed. It was my childhood furniture that is now in my daughter's room. I am interested in the Henry Link Bali Hai nightstand, the 6 drawer lingerie, and/or the 6 drawer tall dresser (34 wide x 46 high). I live in northern AL. Thank you!

From Crystal, 12/28/2010  10:17 PM

I am extremely interested in an Henry Link "Bali Hai" Hollywood Regency twin headboard. Please email if any of you still have one to sale.

(forgot the e-mail in previous post)
e-mail: crystal722@earthlink.net

Thanks!

From Crystal, 12/28/2010  10:14 PM

I am extremely interested in an Henry Link "Bali Hai" Hollywood Regency twin headboard. Please email if any of you still have one to sale.

Thanks!

From Jane, 12/13/2010  9:43 AM

JOANNE - I'm interested in the twin headboard for my daughter if you still have it! Please email me.

Thanks!

From Jane, 11/23/2010  12:46 AM

Jeanne, I am a NC native (live in Raleigh)& am very interested in your Bali Hai set of furniture (if you still have it). I too prefer older furniture as the quality is so much better than the particle board stuff that is made now. Please advise. thanks, Jane

From Rozemary, 11/16/2010  10:50 PM

I have a set of Henry Link Bali Hai that is in fair to good condition. Looking to sell the whole set for $700. I am in St. Catharines, Ontario (close to Niagara Falls). There is a double/full size headboard, desk, chair, book-case, night/side table, tall dresser, lower dresser with mirror. I can send pictures to anyone who is interested.

From Christen, 10/25/2010  9:21 AM

Hello- I have the Henry Link Bali Hai Twin headboard, 9-drawer dresser, 3 drawer dresser, mirror, hutch, desk and chair. The desk and chair has the most knicks but otherwise in good condition. Live in Cleveland/Akron Area. If interested email me. Thanks!

From Danielle, 9/29/2010  12:17 PM

I have Henry Link Faux Bamboo desk, hutch and headboard...I'm still looking for a nighttable and dresser (any kind of dresser). Anyone selling? I'm located in Toronto Canada...I would prefer someone in the Southern Ontario/Quebec, Canada area or northern, east-central US (no more than a 8 hour drive!)
Thanks
email me at joseph.heins@sympatico.ca

From Helen, 9/18/2010  6:47 PM

I have a set of Sought After Henry Link Faux Bamboo - Hollywood Regency Chippendale Bedroom Furniture. I have the lingerie 6 drawer dresser, the 5 drawer dresser, a one drawer bedside table and a Faux bamboo/brass twin headboard. I am interested to know what the set is worth. If you can help me or if you know anyone who may be interested in buying my pieces you can email me at helenrm1010@gmail.com

From Kirsten, 9/16/2010  9:22 PM

I am looking for a lingere tallboy or a smaller dresser (and possibly a king size headboard) if anyone has one- I am inbetween Chicago and Indy and would be willing to pay to have it shipped if the price was right!
Thanks
Please email at kirsten_J_miller@hotmail.com

From Donna, 9/12/2010  11:05 AM

I have a set that was bought new about 30 years ago. The headboard is the bamboo cane look, full/queen size, desk with chair and hutch and the chest with hutch. I live near Houston TX if anyone is interested.

From Jeanne, 9/10/2010  2:28 PM

I have the twin headboard (with caning) and baseboard in yellow. The post are about 4'6" tall but the baseboard is lowpost. I would like to try and sell my set together but if I am not successful in coming month I am willing to break it up.

From Lori, 9/10/2010  12:48 PM

Might be of interest to anyone in California...I found on Craigslist in Thousand Oaks, CA (about an hour north of LA)
9 pc. set for $950
links to seller's page: sale-fhus9-1868169505@craigslist.org

(i am actually searching for the headboard (twin)with the high posts...if anybody as seen one!)

From ChrisMB, 9/7/2010  10:53 PM

Thank you Jeanne for your reply. I just went out and checked all the drawers. No stamp!

I was thinking about painting it but wanted to do some research first.

I have found pictures that are identical on e-bay.

From Jeanne, 9/7/2010  10:29 PM

Look inside the drawers. "Bali Hai" should be stamped in the bottom of the drawer and "Henry Link" on the side. If you google "Henry Link Bali Hai Hollywood Chippendale" you will get a better sense of what the set looks like.

From ChrisMB, 9/7/2010  10:11 PM

I have a five drawer chest that looks just like some pictures I have seen of a Henry Link chest. I haven't found a stamp though. Where is the stamp usually located?

From Judy Hartman, 9/7/2010  9:44 AM

I have a Thomasville bedroom suite (1970s vintage). It is yellow. Do you have anything comparable in today's bedroom furniture?

From Juliet, 8/29/2010  10:12 PM

Anyone near San Diego who wants to sell a night table in yellow? Maybe a full headboard? Maybe a lingere tallboy?

From Greg, 8/23/2010  6:06 PM

Contact info for above post is greghooger@earthlink.net. Pictures available

From Greg, 8/23/2010  6:04 PM

I have 2 pieces from the Henry Link Faux Bamboo - Bali Hai Collection, a low 6-drawer dresser- two rows of three drawers (50" wide, 19.5" deep and 32" high)with a mirror and a high 6 drawer dresser (34" wide and 46" high). I am in the Houston area and trying to set-up a mother-in-law suite so too much furniture!

From Pat, 8/21/2010  5:21 PM

I am very interested in purchasing one or two drawer nightstand in Henry Link Bali Hai yellow. Please email photo and price. ptkahle@gmail.com Thanks!

From Sandee, 8/16/2010  10:15 AM

I am looking for a 6 drawer dresser. I'm in Minnesota. Please contact me at goconweigh@aol.com. Thanks Sandee.

From robin, 8/15/2010  9:19 AM

hello marie

I'm interested in your bali hai pieces, please send pics. thanks
harrison429@comcast.net

From Marie, 7/29/2010  2:38 PM

I have a 7pc. Henry Link Bali Hai bedrrom set for sale. Two twin beds, large dresser, 2 tall dressers and two night stands. It is lime green and each piece is in perfect condition. It came from an a recent estate sale. I am in Sun City Center, FL. Can provide photos.

From Carolyn, 7/28/2010  10:45 AM

The only piece I have left is the 6-drawer double dresser which I'd be interested in selling. It was originally yellow but wood part was painted years ago to an off-white. We're located in New Braunfels, Texas, between San Antonio and Austin.

From Nikki, 7/19/2010  2:31 AM

I have the bedroom set but I'm interested in more pieces - including the bed. I would love to purchase the 9 piece set as well. Please let me know if it is still available.

Thanks

From robin, 7/10/2010  8:08 AM

JB, I've never used this post before did i need to include my email here?

harrison429@comcast.net

From robin, 7/10/2010  8:00 AM

JB,I'm interested in your 9 pc bedroom set. I'm fairly close by in Atl, GA. Send me pics please

From JB, 7/7/2010  10:40 AM

I have the whole 9 PC set of this furniture. The bed is full sz. I am in E. TN. Nedd it gone ASAP. Anyone interested? The bed, tall lingerie chest, desk, mirror, 2 pc hutch, chair, nite stand, dresser. Will sell all for 550.00

From carrie w, 6/27/2010  2:41 PM

I have a henry link bali hai set i just bought...it is the bamboo look. I have the tall 5 drawer chest the dresser 2 night stands and another short 3 drawer chest....i am looking for another short 3 drawer chest...anyone have one for sell?????

From Jeanne Wilton, 6/10/2010  2:16 PM

Carrie:

I do still have the furniture. If we can figure out how to do it that works for you, I can see if I can send you photos of the dresser (6 drawer) and mirror. For furniture this old, they are in great shape. I am tied up until Saturday with family in town, but am happy to try to get the photo done then.

From CarrieH, 6/10/2010  12:14 PM

Jeanne,
Have you decided what you want for your furniture? I may be in the market for the 6 drawer dresser with mirror if all works out as planned (I'm hoping to buy a set today, but it's missing that piece). I'm quite a ways from you (Texas) but if the price is right I may have it shipped...
Thanks,
Carrie

From julie, 5/20/2010  11:11 PM

I have a king size headboard in the yellow/green cane color. The style of the headboard is bamboo/cane sort of criss crossy. I have an entire set of furniture but need a queen size headboard and there is just no way to make the king headboard work.

I also saw a two drawer night table at our Goodwill yesterday for $25.00 in really nice shape, but there was only the one piece.

So here's the problem....I live in Sarasota, Florida.

Any ideas,

Julie

From Jeanne Wilton, 5/19/2010  2:17 PM

Sorry I cannot help with the king size headboard. I have the twin bed with caning; six drawer dresser with mirror; vanity with chair; two drawer chest with an etegere(sp?)top. Very attractive but I would still like to sell this summer.

From karen, 5/19/2010  2:11 PM

Can anyone email me if they want to sell a king bedroom set in this style!! Thanks so much!

kboushelle@yahoo.com

From lisa, 11/16/2009  2:43 PM

Hi,
I inherited a set from my brother-in-law's grandmother but I am missing the king size headboard and would love a couple of bedside tables if anyone is interested in selling. My e-mail address is lisa_ram@sbcglobal.net.
Thanks!

From Jeanne, 10/22/2009  6:42 AM

Thank you. You are very knowledgeable. I am very fond of this set and hate to part with it but my daughter needs a different arrangement. I would love to have this set go to an owner who would value it and appreciate it as much as we have. The only reason we have not sold it yet is because I don't know how to price it correctly. As an NC native, I am heartbroken over what has happened to the furniture industry and I much prefer the older pieces to the new ones.   Thanks again.

From Guest, 10/22/2009  3:21 AM

this set was for adults, during those days they did not really make kids bed sets, if they did they were typically over the top themey, like western, but never was if cheapened or small sized. practicality was the mode of the day, the sets for youngersters were meant to translate to adulthood. people did not purchase furniture on a whim. it was a hefty purchase and quality was key. this furniture was meant to last throughout ones life with the need to purchase it only once. the formica tops are typical for the time. if you know vintage furniture you will know that many pieces of the furniture from that era had formica tops, like dining table, end tables, night stands, dressers, chest of drawers, desks, and anything you might lay a glass on. its is a way to date great furniture. formica was a new product back then and people loved it.

From Pam Dietz, 9/18/2009  11:49 AM

Jeanne, I'm by no means an expert, but I can tell you that a complete set has been offered to me for $425. Included: King headboard, 2 night stands, tall chest, mirror and low bureau in excellent condition.

I noticed a Bali Hai desk and chair set on EBAY--seller was requesting $279.

Also, go into Google and search the phrase: Craigslist Bali Hai Henry Link. The search will yield listings across the country for these pieces--and asking price.

Thank you for helping me.

From Jeanne Wilton, 9/17/2009  8:52 AM

I think anyone could use this furniture. As an example, last summer the exact set that I have was used on the set of a TV show set in the 70's (Swingtown) and it was shown as the adult bedroom. I still have my set, and it is still for sale. I just need to know what a good price point is so if you happen to know, that would be great.

From Pam Dietz, 9/16/2009  8:37 PM

Jeanne and Amanda, was Bali Hai designed for children, adults, or anyone? Just curious as I've noticed that many of these pieces have a laminate/Formica surface treatment.

Thank you.

Pam Dietz

From Jeanne Wilton, 5/28/2008  7:55 PM

Amanda,

I do still have the furniture and was planning to try and sell it this summer when my daughter goes to camp. We live just outside of Washington, DC in McLean, VA.

The headboard we have is for a twin bed and it is a short post with an inset cane work on the headboard itself. We also have the six drawer dresser/mirror set, the vanity (which she uses for a desk) and a two drawer chest with a matching hutch on top.

The furniture is in excellent condition as is the tops to the dresser, chest and vanity. If you are interested, I will be happy to send you photos.

Jeanne Wilton

From Amanda, 5/28/2008  7:13 PM

I noticed that your posting was from last year, but I am going to take a chance that you may still have this bedroom set. I too have a Henry Link Bali Hai bedroom set and am looking for a few more pieces as I have two daughters and they share a room. I am not sure where you are located to know if this is even a possibility or if you are even interested in selling. Please, if you are interested, let me know what pieces you have and in particular what your headboard looks like. I have noticed that there are two different style headboards in the bali hai collection. Thanks!

-Amanda Boatwright