ISFD Names Finalists for 4th Annual INNOVATION + DESIGN Awards
Furniture World News Desk on
The International Society of Furniture Designers (ISFD) has narrowed down a hefty field of entrants to 24 finalists, all creative designer-maker entries vying for the winning titles in this year’s extremely competitive INNOVATION + DESIGN 2023 (I+D). This furniture industry sponsored juried competition acknowledges professional designer-makers who create their own products, as well as the next generation of serious woodworking students who anticipate a career in the custom wood and related home furnishings industries. The INNOVATION + DESIGN exhibition will be held at The Art Gallery at Congdon Yards; 400 W. English Rd. in High Point from April 13-26 and winners will be named at the Meet the Designer Market Reception on April 20th from 5-7 pm. The exhibit will be open to everyone attending the High Point Market.
“Once again we were amazed by the exceptional creativity and skill of this year’s participants,” said David Blair, executive director of ISFD. “Their outstanding designs, innovative ideas, and superior craftsmanship make it a real honor to be selected as a finalist for this award. We hope that everyone will visit the exhibition in April to experience this beautiful work in person, and to cast their votes in the People’s Choice photography contest.”
The professional finalists are:
- Brian Boggs, Dining Room Furniture, Grand Lily Arm Chair
- Brian Boggs, Occasional Tables, Tango Console Table
- Erika Cross, Accessories, Squiggle Cork Tiles
- Erika Cross, Occasional Storage, Capsule
- TiAnna DeGarmo, Lighting, DeGarmo Floor Lamp
- Alicia Dietz, Seating, Horween Leather Sling Chairs (in Maple)
- Stewart & Deanna Junge, Occasional Storage, fiVO Design Walnut & Birch Buffet Bar Storage
- Michael Jury, Dining Room, Asa-no-ha Sideboard
- Jeremy Kamiya, Seating, Untitled
- Mark Moore, Occasional Tables, Nailed it
- Bruce Schuettinger, Accessories, Quieten Audiophile Cabinet
- Kelly Wilbur, Lighting, Large Wood Cylinder Pendant Light
The student finalists are:
- Ashley Boyd, Occasional Storage, Chest of Drawers
- Matthew Carr, Seating, The Nine Piece Low-Back Cafe Chair
- Santiago Diaz Giral, Occasional Tables, Marulk
- Austin Glasser, Lighting, Velox: 3D Printed Lamp Concept
- Sebastian Solloa, Occasional Tables, Sai
- Victoria Stocker, Accessories, Cuboid Planters
- Lily Tilton, Occasional Storage, Rosewood Display Cabinet
- Dylan Timoney, Seating, AL127
- Kanika Trivedi, Accessories, Florista- The Shelf
- Ben Wilkins, Lighting, Alois
- Ben Wilkins, Dining Room, Louver
- Amanda Yoder, Dining Room, Welcome Home Chair
Professional and student finalists will receive a certificate of merit and will be entered into the Designer-Maker category of ISFD’s 2023 Pinnacle Awards. INNOVATION + DESIGN category winners will receive $250. Best of show winners will receive $1000 along with 5 hours of Congdon Yards Generator time. Also, the finalists’ projects will be artistically photographed by area photographers participating in the INNOVATION + DESIGN’s People’s Choice competition. The winner of the photographic competition will be announced on April 24.
ISFD wishes to thank the INNOVATION + DESIGN 2023 sponsors: gold level High Point Market Authority, bronze level International Market Centers, along with partners: Alderman Company, Furniture Today, IFDA, The Art Gallery at Congdon Yards, ISFD, and The Earl and Kathryn Congdon Family Foundation.
The International Society of Furniture Designers (ISFD) is an association of professional and student furniture designers in residential and contract furnishings and accessories. Its mission is to promote and advance outstanding design and to elevate and support the furniture designer through networking, mentorship, and professional development opportunities. Its Pinnacle Awards® recognize the very best in furniture design each year, and its INNOVATION + DESIGN awards promote the outstanding work of designer–makers. Visit ISFD.org for more information about the organization and its programs, or follow its activities on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Twitter.