Employee/Customer COVID Safety Checklist For Furniture Retailers
Furniture World News Desk on
Frequent Furniture World contributing author David McMahon provides readers with a short checklist for mitigating COVID risks right now in your stores.
With businesses opening back up and with surges in COVID-19 numbers, a huge risk businesses face is if they get an employee or customer with COVID. In addition to the health risks, this could lead to lost sales and negative-press that will cause current and future loss revenue. Here are some quick non-political thoughts.
Processes for safety, minimizing risk and increasing close rate…
- Safety measure for the organization:
- Use a greeter with customers and match them with a salesperson, after.
- Contactless temperature checks for customers offered.
- Branded masks handed to customers (use required).
- Sanitizer spray.
- Employee check in procedures - Safety office / contracted nurse (not the manager)
- Check and record employees temperature
- Hand sanitizer with instructions to apply multiple times per day.
- Visual on no health symptoms.
- Sign-off, if normal
- If not normal: work at home day with tasks assigned.
- Office proximity: separate and/or require masks.
- Internal meetings: held with zooms, masks, or on the floor where separation in doable.
About David McMahon: David
McMahon is a retail financial and operational professional and Founder
of PerformNOW. He directs multiple consulting projects, is proud to lead
6 business mastermind performance groups: Ashley Gladiators, Kaizen,
Visionaries, TopLine Sales Managers, Lean and Sigma DC Operations. He is
Certified Management Accountant and Certified Supply Chain
Professional. You can connect with David at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwmcmahon/ or firstname.lastname@example.org.