High Point Market Authority Adds New Board Members
Furniture World News
The High Point Market Authority announced that it has added new members to its board of directors, including a new seat to represent the design community.
New board members include:
- John Bray, Vanguard – joining the board and the Executive Committee. He represents home furnishings showroom operators.
- Kevin Archer, Courtyard by Marriott – non-voting liaison as current chair of the High Point Convention and Visitors Bureau. He is replacing Jim Morgan, whose term expired.
- George Clopton, Polo Ralph Lauren – non-voting liaison as current chair of the High Point Chamber of Commerce. He is replacing Jim Huntley, whose term expired.
- Jena Hall, Jena Hall Designs – non-voting liaison representing the design community.
- Mike Huber, Belfort Furniture – representing the retail community. He is replacing Keith Koenig.
- Lynn Underwood, Centers of High Point – representing showroom building owners. She has taken the seat once held by the late Lynn Davis.
“Having a representative of the design community on the board fills a void that we had in our board’s representation,” says Tom Conley, president and CEO of the High Point Market Authority. “Jena Hall’s experience and expertise will add another viewpoint to help the Market Authority continue to grow and improve what we offer to each of the Market’s stakeholders.”
The full board of directors now includes Executive Committee Members: Chairman Kevin O’Connor, Samson Marketing; Vice Chairman Doug Bassett, Vaughan-Bassett; Treasurer Tom Mitchell, International Market Centers; Hon. Becky Smothers, Mayor of High Point, N.C.; and John Bray.
Voting board members include: Tom Dayvault, High Point Chamber of Commerce; Mike Huber; Heinz Kattenfeld, 220 Elm; Tim Mabe, High Point Convention and Visitors Bureau; and Lynn Underwood.
Liaison members of the board include: Hon. Britt Moore, High Point City Council; George Clopton, Hon. Bruce Davis, Guilford County Board of Commissioners; Steve DeHaan, National Home Furnishings Association; Rick Gillispie, International Home Furnishings Representatives Association; Kevin Archer; Jena Hall; Loren Hill, High Point Economic Development Corporation; and Hon. Foster Douglas, High Point City Council.
Ex Officio members of the board are Strib Boynton, City Manager, City of High Point; and Tom Conley.
Seats formerly held by Lisa Shankle of Showplace and Brian Bunch of MMPI were consolidated due to the International Market Centers purchase of those two buildings.
About the High Point Market Authority: The High Point Market Authority, www.highpointmarket.org, is the official sponsor and organizer of the High Point Market in High Point, N.C. Featuring an extensive selection of exhibitors spanning every category, style, and price point and attracting thousands of visitors from more than 100 countries twice each year, the High Point Market is the driving force of the home furnishings industry.
Furniture World Magazine-Business solutions for furniture retailers