Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

Problem With Furniture Store Service

Ashley Furniture Home Store in Huntsville, AL. will not stand behind their furniture. I purchased $5000.00 worth of furniture on 1-1-05 and my sofa and loveseat already has springs that have broken on the backs of them. The sofa has a 1 1/2 tear in the back. I can not get anyone to call me back and the customer service dept. can not seem to honor the pickup time that they have quoted.

Posted By Alicia, 7/21/2005

Login to Reply to this Topic

Replies

From Tim, 5/22/2011  9:47 AM

I bought a couch from Ashley yesterday. The cost, almost nothing; I don't expect it to last that long. Maybe one day I can own something more grandiose built with the pride and detail of a carpenter’s hands. What I find interesting is people dropping thousands and thousands of dollars in these stores. The amount spent, at least in the case of companies like Ashley, is not an indicator of quality. It indicates -at least in my opinion- that one bought a mass quantity of mass produced furnishings with no real value after purchase. If I was ready to spend 10,000 dollars I would choose a master craftsman that was a little more skilled and cared a little more about the final product and my willingness to part ways with 10,000 for their product. None of the furnishings at Ashley’s should be put on credit, let me say that again, none of the furnishings at Ashley’s should be put on credit. It will fall apart long before you pay the ticket off. In closing if you’re ready to spend thousands of dollars I encourage you explore your options a little more, you will be surprised at what you will find…

From Cricket, 4/8/2010  6:36 PM

We have purchased multiple items from Ashley Furniture and have never had any problems....until now. And the problem isn't even with Ashley. It's with Montage, who is supposed to be the warranty company. We paid $199 for a 5 year warranty, and now that we need a simple fix on our ottoman, we're told it's not covered. Why? Because the leather isn't ripped or torn, only the leather-covered button has popped off, and it won't go back on. They are supposed to cover all "accidents", but they don't. What a waste of money!! They only thing that the customer service rep would keep saying is "it's not covered". Then she told me that she could give me the name of a technician that I could pay to fix it, but I'm not about to give MORE money to anyone associated with them!!! CSR also said "If you're not happy then you can write a letter." They are very unfriendly and so not helpful! The people at Ashley's Customer Service center were very easy to deal with. I would not have a problem recommending Ashley, but I would warn everyone to think twice before dealing with Montage!!! Save your money!!!!

From employee, 3/10/2010  8:23 PM

i agree with alot of what you people are saying but you must understand its not meant to last more than a couple of years if used regularly.im speaking of the living room furniture by the way,sofas,love seats,chairs,motion furniture and stationary.this stuff is produced on incentive pay,the faster you run it the sooner you can go home.i get paid by the piece,theres no hourly pay.i have been there 11 years upholstering furniture.i produce quality work for my part,others not so much if they can get by with it.people get mad and frustrated and just throw it together.there can be alot of stress working on the line.we produce 10 thousand to 20 thousand pieces a week at my plant.some of its gonna be messed up!trust me they are working hard on their quality issues,i know this first hand.the stores i cant reply on.as far as other manufacturers,they are not much better if any at producing it better and quickly.i have worked for many others and its all the same basically.theres worst furniture out there,i promise you that.we just started a hi end line,its gonna cost more to buy but it will be right maybe lol as far as the materials for putting it together they go with the cheapest they can find on all their supplies.when i started it was the best tools and finest materials money could buy,not so much anymore.i got my furniture from them but i only paid 400 for a 4 pc leather living room suit so i cant complain.working there does have some benefits.good luck to you all.

From Cynthia, 12/29/2007  5:03 PM

My husband and I ordered $4,500. of what we thought would be decent furniture from Ashley Furniture on 9/1/07. We were assured the furniture was USA and told it would come in 30 days. Guess what...didn't happen in was more like 60+ and then only part came. The sofa and love seat are so far great, no complaints, the end tables, living room table and dinette set were all damaged. It has been musical furniture since then. We still are out 1 end table and the dinette table. The pieces appear to come touched up and very obviously so. We did not pay for touched up or repaired furniture, the dinette set was way used, maybe a showroom piece?. We are giving the company 1 more shot to bring us NEW furniture.Buyer beware. I am going to file a complaint myself, as they never disclosed the furniture is actually made ib China and shipped to be Assembled only here in the USA. I think this company floats furniture around until a customer finally just gives in. Stand firm and get what you paid for, or get your money back. Consumer word of mouth will ruin this company if they don't straighten up.

From boozer, 12/13/2007  11:55 AM

I work for boozy. He is right. The furniture is horrible quality. To everyone who bought furniture from these guys enjoy it.... while it last

From Guest, 8/31/2007  9:55 PM

ifs it bad it came from klaussner furn

From N. Limones, 6/16/2007  9:09 AM

Never again, Ashley!
Leather furniture- I shopped around town and finally found a set I liked! It had all the wonderful features and - wow! electronic motors to adjust foot and head rests exactly where I wanted them! Along with the sofa set, I ordered a dinette set and living room furniture. I had waited 12 years to be able to fix my living rooms and furnish them with new furniture. I was so excited!

I anxiously awaited the delivery date. The day arrived and after expecting them to come any time, they finally called at six pm to say they were running late. Well, they arrived around seven pm and proceeded to unload the furniture. To my dismay, the pieces were all piled haphazardly on top of each other! This cannot be good, I thought. For some reason, I picked up my little digital camera, feeling it would be needed. They were here until ten pm setting up the furniture. Only three pieces were undamaged out of the whole lot.
The tables were so damaged, they would not even take them off the truck!
The leather recliners looked as if they had gone through a tornado, they were so twisted. The leather was severely indented where furniture had been sitting on top of it. The motors would not work. After several calls to the warehouse manager, we were told that some would be taken back and replaced. The leather set was going to be left ‘on loan’ until a new set could be delivered.
A few weeks later, a new delivery was made. As the delivery men (who must have been new to the company) were shocked to see how bad the ‘new’ furniture was and refused to leave it. They knew nothing of the leather set. When they called to inquire, they were told that a service technician would be sent to repair the furniture. When they told them it was far too damaged, the store asked to speak to my husband. He was told that we could have it repaired or replaced with their floor model. (You mean the one that had been there for months with kids jumping on it?)
The person spoke very rudely to us when we told her we needed new furniture. (If we wanteed second hand we could buy at a garage sale!)

They said they would have someone look into it and call us. (We heard that one before, too)
We did not hear from anyone and went to the store. They gave us a run around about how they had fired the first delivery guys- as if that helped us- I didn’t want them fired. But we still were stuck with defective furniture! We were in the store for over an hour talking with the warehouse manager who seemed to think we were questioning his integrity and character. He could not guarantee that we could get new furniture since that model was discontinued, only repaired or floor models. But since he was a man of good character, he would personally see to it we got a good one. Finally we able to talk to the store manager who for the record was very kind and seemed to want to help. She offered us store credit (minus a 25% restock fee) after explaining the store policies for returns. We explained that we wanted the furniture- we were not returning it, We only wanted the new set we paid for. Aside from that, the store didn’t have anything else to compare to the set we wanted. All other leather sets were either non-reclining and the ones they had were not a style we could use. On top of that they were about half the price we had paid. I don’t need other furniture- I had just bought the living room furniture from them! So what would I be able to use the money for? ($3,000 dollars worth of decorations, perhaps)
She took down our complaint and said she understood the situation and she would see what she could do to get the money refunded and would be calling back. After yet another visit to the store (no phone calls returned) she said she was working on it and would call us. It took another phone call before she responded again, this time to tell us her hands were tied and we needed to speak with the area manager in Lubbock. Every time we call, he is out ‘doing errands’ or in a meeting.
At this point it seems we will not see our money again. I would like to spare someone the hassle I have gone through. So if you have a notion to buy from this store, save yourself hassle and headache and get the same results- Just toss your money inside the door and leave!

From PAT HERNANDEZ, 6/12/2007  6:04 PM

NEED NJ RESIDENTS WHO HAVE COMPLAINTS AGAINST ASHLEY FURNITURE. WE CAN FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL IN NJ OFFICE OF CONSUMERS AFFAIRS AND SEE WHAT THEY WANT TO DO WITH THAT A STORE THAT DOES NOT DELIVER WHAT THEY SAY THEY WILL.
CONTACT ME AT PAH737@AOL.COM I NEED AS MANY NJ RESIDENTS AS POSSIBLE.

From karen wells, 6/6/2007  5:25 PM

Ashley Furniture Ind., Inc.
has the the worst customer service and care! they have very poor quality funiture and do not give refunds and lie about refunds and exchanges, I brought the Pheasant Run Marble round table they delievered it to me broken and it had where it had been previously repaired. They told me I had two weeks to get an in store credit, when I told them I did not find anything they said they never recieved the phone call. Now it wont give me refund I have to go pick out more crappy stuff from their store. I will file a complaint with the BBB. I will inform everyone who i meet not to shop at ashely funiture

From Lynn, 6/3/2007  10:03 PM

Wish I would have seen this before we bought from Ashley. We bought a dining room table from the store in Madison. To keep it short when it was delivered the pedestal was scratched and they couldn't even bring two of the chairs because they were already broken. After finally getting that resolved we bought a house. We paid professional movers so our table would be safe. The movers took off the table top and the pedestal fell apart. When you are shopping everyone about trips over themselves to talk to you and give you help. When you need service on a poorly made Ashley product there is NO ONE that wants to talk to you. Wait our salesman and the warehouse manager were very helpful. I believe that it should have been the Manager to deal with us but he didn't want to. The 1-800 customer service line is a joke. And am I the only one who can't seem to get the name of the owner of the store. No one seems to beable to give that to me. I was going to write a letter to them then I decided they won't listen anyhow so if I post on the internet maybe I'll save someone else from making the mistake of buying from Ashley. I tell everyone I can to stay away. Funny thing is one of the movers was going to Ashley to look at a bedroom set. When he saw what happened to our table he changed his mind!!

From Laurie, 5/28/2007  4:28 PM

I just wanted to say that not all the ashley furniture stores are bad. I bought a leather couch and a love seat from this company back in 2000. They still are very comfortable and look almost new. I have never had a problem with the customer service either. They have always been very helpful and pleasant.Also i have not had any dye problems with the furniture nor the leather falling apart as some people say it does.I think that ashley is a fine store and i would buy from them again. Also, the delivery only took 4 wks. and they delivered the product on time.

From tony, 5/17/2007  2:03 AM

let me start off by saying i use to be a tech for az.all stores.i cant tell you all how sorry i am that you all fell victoms of ashley.i can try to help resolve some of the problems .first off we as techs were instructed to not exchange any furniture but to fix all up to mfg.specs.which where never disclosed to us to begin with.all of the furniture is garbage in my opinion .the best way to get things taken care of is go over customer services heads and straigt to the owner micheal jebawolski.email him call corp office which is located at the glendale store upstairs.write letters basiclly become a thorn in his side and most of the time you will get some type of result.also contact bbb file complaints customer service will respond better with that type of ammo.if you do buy from them donot sign the del.slip until you are completely happy with the poor quality furniture you have bought that del slip is a contract that states you will let them repair all damage good before any type of exchange will be concidered .it is up to the tech to make the final decsition of if the pc.will be exch.they get drilled and told that even if a piece has a manufatured defect to tell the customer that it is normal or distressed and t is up to specs.they will lie to you take your money and not give you a second thought.they think they are untouchable.it will bite them in the butt soon .i would love to see that company close it doors forever .soon very soon.everything that they sell is imported from over seas including china leather that will lose color with in 2 years .the warranty they sell you is a joke .an extra way to get more money out of you.i can fix any of the pieces that are damaged or broken and make them better than new send an email if i can be more helpful madillutions9@yahoo.com.hopefully this has helped someone or stoped someone from throwing their money away good luck to all of you

From Gail, 5/16/2007  8:47 PM

We purchased living room furniture from Ashley back in February, which to start with took 2 1/2 months to get after we were told that we would be contacted within a couple of weeks to set up a delivery. Regardless of that, we received the furniture and within four days-FOUR DAYS!!!-the reclining mechanism on the couch wouldn't work properly. Believe me, it was nothing that we did and I specifically wouldn't even let my kids sit on the furniture because I wanted to make sure it stayed nice. Anyway, we called to try to get the problem fixed and after going around and around for something like two weeks because first we were told we weren't even in the system yet to get a repairman to our house, then we were told we had to call Customer Service, which I think anyone who's had to deal with this company can agree is a complete joke, and they said we had to wait 3-4 weeks to get a technician out here to fix it. My husband was upset about the wait and said that he couldn't believe that we had only had this couch for 4 days and now we were going to own it longer broken than not broken, not to mention the fact that because it was the reclining mechanism, the footrest would not go down, so it was sticking up in the middle of my living room. After calling the store manager from the Schererville, Indiana store we had made our purchase from, who told us basically that he has no boss when my husband asked who else he could talk to about this matter and who said, when my husband threatened to drop the furniture off on Ashley's doorstep, "Well, do what ya' gotta do," several individuals from Customer Service, who, by the way, also claim that they don't have bosses, and two different people from the warranty company, we resigned ourselves to the idea that we'd have to wait a couple of weeks to have our furniture fixed. When the repairman finally did come, he spent about two minutes looking at the couch, said that the reclining mechanism was broken (DUH!) and that he'd have to order a part for it. He said to call him when the part came to our house. Two weeks later, the part came in a box-not kidding-large enough that I could have fit all three of my kids in it. I called the repairman, but the woman who answered the call said that we could not schedule the repair at this number, I'd have to call Ashley Customer Service (I'm using this term very loosely), who would then call the repair department, who would then call me to schedule the repair. I asked why we couldn't just eliminate the middleman, Customer Service, since I was already on the phone with her. She said, "I don't know, this is just how it's done." So I hung up, called C.S., who called the repair service, who then called me back three days later (same woman) and said that a repairman couldn't come to our house for another three weeks. Remembering the B.S. we went through before trying to get someone out here sooner, I just accepted the appointment for three weeks later and had the HUGE box sitting in the middle of my living room for 21 days. The repairman came this past Saturday to fix the couch and guess what? Now the side that he supposedly fixed leans to left and backwards, looking worse than it did before. When you sit on it, it feels like it wants to rock backwards and it looks like the couch is about to fall in half. To date, I've been too embarassed to have anyone over to "show-off" my new furniture! Anyway, my husband called the manager of the Schererville store again and explained again the situation from start to finish and said that he's tired of dealing with broken furniture. The manager yelled at my husband over the phone, "Why can't you people just call Customer Service?" When my husband told him that we want this situation resolved once and for all by Monday morning or he is going to put the couch on a dolly, wheel it into the store and start making a stink about the crappy furniture and customer service that you get from Ashley, the manager's tone changed quite a bit. He's claiming that he'll call back tomorrow with an answer for us, but I'm not holding my breath. And for those of you who have said, "You get what you pay for," if I paid $2 for a pen, I would hope it would last more than 4 days...shouldn't furniture that cost a couple thousand dollars last at least longer than a few months?

From Tracy, 5/7/2007  2:40 PM

I just bought $7000 worth of furniture from Ashley. My first purchase was fine, a bedroom suit for my son. My second purchase was a bedroom suit, dining set, and living set.
The dining set was a marble table top which when delivered had cracks in it. Now cracks are normal in marble but they are usually sealed. I told the deliver guys that is was unacceptable and needed to be replaced, I thought this was considered refusing but since the delivery guys speak little English they didn't get the picture.   As soon as they left I called customer service who said did you refuse it, I said well yeah, I didn't say refused but, I said this is unacceptable and needed to be replaced they said we can't help you but we will send out insurance rep. Insurance rep came and said I will write up you want to exchange or replace which was fine however, when Ashley customer service came back they stated the report said it was the natural look of furniture but cracks that you can feel and are all the way through table in my opinion are not part of the look. I wish I had found this site before purchase. I will be handing out flyers to people entering store this week end, most people go shopping in person and telling them to run the other way. It is a nightmare, all the do is try and run you down but, they don't know who they are dealing with this time and I am not giving up. I have also contacted the local news team and will take out an ad in the paper telling people about
ASHLEY's bad tactics.     

From Tonya, 5/6/2007  1:01 PM

I am so glad I had found this website today. I had just purshased some furniture yesterday at Ashley's and will be cancelling it come Monday morning. It will be worth the lost of the 20% restock fee. I had also purchased the 5 year warrenty plan, now I know how it work. The salesperson kept telling me what a great plan it was. Real nice employees. I agree you can tell some of the funiture is cheap, you have to really examine what you are buying. Thanks again for everyones advise

From carlos, 4/25/2007  10:18 PM

My wife and I bought my daughter a bedroom set, 3 weeks ago and we are having a ssafety issue with the glass doors. The doors are hard to open which are glass and the armoir doors don't open all the way which pose a safety problem. I have called the store several times today and the manager seems to be in meetings all day. I called the costomer service and they where just as rude as the people in the store. I have read many of the e-mails sent out by others about ashley furniture. BOY I"M I SORRY I BOUGHT THERE. I don't think all the money in the world will take care of a facail scar from the safety issue we are having.

From joseph, 4/22/2007  5:54 PM

Beware of citifinancial when attempting to pay bill before time expires. We have a week to go april 27 and they have already added 1000.00 dollars to our bill. They will not get that and if they dont accept final payment in full and play a game to steal my money, I will arm myself and protect my thousand dollars. will talk to citifinancial tomorrow 8am. hollar

From Karen, 4/17/2007  1:27 PM

Wickes Furniture sure has my irish up ~ and we're talking about $600. They provide "cookie-cutter" responses through Customer Service and everyone I spoke to REFUSED TO GIVE ME THE NAME OF THE PRESIDENT AND CEO!
(Not even sure if it's legal to refuse this information?) Anyway, I am going back to the local furniture store with the big brand names and personal assistance. In my are it's Turk Furniture. They gave me great service and a good deal last time...don't know why I even tried Wickes. Wickes Furniture has left me holding the bag ~ and I would advise DO NOT PURCHASE FROM WICKES FURNIUTRE COMPANY, INC. ~ especially online!

From Peg, 4/14/2007  10:36 PM

Thanks Boozy for the suggestions. I sent a letter and pictures to Ashley telling them about my bedroom set falling apart. They wrote back saying they're sorry I'm 'experiencing problems' with my furniture. They also sent a copy of the warrenty I was 'supposed to get' with the furniture, but said my warrenty is up. I will never buy Ashley furniture again, or anything from the Furniture Warehouse store in Holland MI where I bought this furniture. Neither care about their customers.

From Boozy, 4/9/2007  6:36 PM

Contact the Federal Trade Commision!!!!!!!
If you bought Ashley product sorry for you.
Blitzing the market with advertising means no money has been spent on quality. Ashley Furniture is the lowest of low. Find a local dealer that deals in Lane, Bassett or another brand that you recognize. If you have already bought Ashley and are having problems, dont give up. Keep calling that local newspaper and TV and the Federal Trade Commision, and you local Attorney General. Once they get enough complaints something will have to be done about their tactics.

From Guest, 4/5/2007  8:54 AM

I also bought furniture from Ashley. They were supposed to deliver it on a Monday no time frame so I waited all day. I called them at 7pm they stated there were 2 deliveries before mine left. So I said ok I will wait so then comes 9pm and I called again they said well we cant find the driver so I will try and see where they are and call you back I said fine. They called back and said the truck broke down I said how convenient I think you all just don’t want to deliver this late. She said well we can deliver on Monday so I said fine waited on Monday called again and they said well it was never taken off the other truck from Saturday to be delivered today. I said what you have got to be kidding me she said well we can deliver it tommorrow. I then asked her what time she said well we will give you a call 30 min before they come to let you know. I said what do you think people don’t work like I can really get up and leave work to go home because I’m having furniture delivered I said forget it cancel the delivery and cancel the contract. So that was in February I paid a 100.00 down payment I am still waiting for that. The store said that it was supposed to come this past Saturday but didn’t and they will have to send another one out this is complete BS. It is going on 2 months and they can’t even get their crap together to refund me my 100.00 I will never even think about buying furniture from them again. This was in San Antonio, TX.

From Mike, 4/5/2007  3:25 AM

My Mom lives in Midland, Texas and purchased a couch from the Ashley Furniture store on Loop 250. The store called and said the couch was in and ready to pick up. My Mom is 82 and on social security and tring to say some money so she didnt have delivery. We went to the store and the couch wasnt at the store but still at the warehouse. They called today and said the couch was at the store. My mom asked to have the couch delivered since the first delivery attempt was the stores fault. The manager said no so we went to pick the couch up. It took for ever to get waited on at the store and then got the couch. The store may have good furniture but their customer service took a giant leap backward today. We wont be doing anymore business with Ashley Furniture. Plenty of other furniture stores to choose from. The manager should have done the right thing since they screwed up the first time and had the couch delivered for free. The website has no place to send a message to the company but I will write a letter to the CEO to see if he gives a damn.

From Bill, 3/6/2007  10:49 PM

I too had a terrible experience today. As the $3000 worth of furniture arrived, every load the delivery men brought in was damaged. Scratches on the leather, Chips in the wood, one arm of the chair was actually broken hanging on by the fabric. Many of you will be shocked but I drove to their office today for a 100% refund. Here's the lesson's learned.

- If it's not perfect upon delivery don't accept it. Instead I required the mover to annotate the reciept as to how the furniture was damaged and why the delivery was refused.
- Take Pictures. And ensure the Manager you speak to is aware that you've taken pictures.
- Call the Store Manager and ask what time would be convienient to pick up your refund check. Of course be ready for every excuse in the book. After about 5 minutes the manager knew I wasn't going to settle for a a refund minus a restocking fee (remember they brought me damaged goods), I also wasn't about the accept a 80 or 90 percent in store credit. I simply told him that if he didn't have a check for me by the end of the day that I would be outside the store with a sandwich board and flyers telling every potential customer that Ashley Furniture refuses to stand behind its product and promises. The Store Manager informed me that he didn't have the authorization to cut a check. To which I responded, "you'd better find someone to write me a check today". I also threw in several mentions of the BBB, the Attorney General, and small claims court.
- I can't emphasize this enough, don't accept the damaged goods. Forget about them repairing it. Once it's in your home the game is over. Refuse the delivery!
- Assert yourself like you never have. I wasn't rude, loud, or obnoxious. I was simply very direct and assertive.

Finally, I'm probably furniture stupid, after looking at other stores it became obvious to me that you get what you pay for. Good Luck

From Peg, 3/6/2007  8:12 PM

I bought a bedroom set from a small furniture store not knowing it was Ashley Furniture. 18 monthes later I noticed the headboard is falling apart, and one of the doors of the armoire has cracks in many places that are splitting the wood. I'm sick about this! I bought this w/ money I got when my dad died. It was supposed to have sentimental value. Now it has none. I'm told both by the store I bought this from and Ashley Co. that "my warrenty is up, there's nothing they can do." Furniture should last more than 18 monthes. I brought the door to the store I got it from. They had someone check it out, he told me my house is too dry. Funny, I lived here 15 yrs and this never happened before. We should band together and do something about the Ashley Furniture Co. I am woman hear me roar.

From peggy, 3/2/2007  2:00 PM

I too am a victum of the fruad @Ashley. My story is much the same as many of yours,therefore I won't list all of the problems I'm haveing with the company.
Today I called Citifinancial who financed my purchares.
They do(deleted)ented all of my compliants,referred me to a party in the company that handles this type of problems.
I would like to encourage all who have been a part of this fruad to contact the co. that is financing yourpurchase and notify them of the same. I am also sending all of the complaints that I have copied from this website to my state Attorney General (there are 60 pages of complaints). Also FYI if you need it. The address for the company that I contacted is One Ashley Way Arcadia, Wi 54612 Phone # (608) 323-3377) 800-477-2222.
The Consumer Affairs Dept. is headed by Amanda.Pleaseeee
Write them w/your complaints and call them many, many, times. This company has no right to do what they are doing to the public and getting by with it.

From Tina, 3/1/2007  5:40 PM

My husband works at the distribution center in Colton Ca. It's supposed to be the best distribution center out of Ashley's distribution...they try and make sure that the furniture doesn't get damaged, but most of the people they hire actually almost all of the poeple that they hire don't speak english, and don't understand what's being said to them. So naturally the furniture gets damaged. He hates it there. He's been working there for over six months now, they say they give raises every three months, no raise for him. After 90 day he was supposed to be given health insurance...NOTHING. We have NO health insurance right now, he asked them why this is...why is money being taken out of his check for something we're not getting..and they gave him the run around. Telling him he missed the meeting for the insurance he he'll have to wait until next year. He missed this meeting because he had to work late, he's been working 6 days a week, pulling 12 hour shifts, and then when he gets his check he realizes that they're taking off hours he worked. Last week he was missing 20 hours. It's bull. Now they're hiring illegals, who for some reason seem to be getting health insurance. We don't shop at Ashley's, because he knows what's going on behind the doors. I'd adivse anyone reading any of this NOT to ever shop at Ashley's for furniture. They lie, and they don't take the proper steps to insure that your goods wont be damaged. He asked to be transfered to another store, and they told him no, it'll make them look bad. So right now he's looking for a better job, but is still working there. He can't just quit. He got sick a couple of weeks ago, on a thrusday and he gets paied on a friday...so he asked them if he could get his check early so he could go to the dr. since we don't have the medical insurance we're supposed to have, he's got to pay full price..and because he took half of the day off they told him that if he doesn't come back with a dr. note then he's fired. Ashley's sucks. Both furniture wise and working there.

From in the industry, 2/26/2007  10:37 AM

I just want to say I have been in the furniture industry for years and frequently hear complaints about ashley. But what I would like to say is you really do get what you pay for. If you ask anyone in the industry they will tell you for quality Ashley is at the bottom of the food chain. They have some nice looks but it is only meant to last a couple years. I always find it funny when someone walks in a says they want solid wood and then you show them and the choke on the price and go to some ashley set. You can not have champaign taste and a beer budget if you want quality do the research. Also it does not excuse the lack of service but again they must be overloaded with complaints from people who believe that they furnished a whole house with quality stuff for $5000-$6000 ( will never happen).and again ask about manufactorer warranty there are alot of great vendors out there that will stand by there products for the lifetime (springs and frames)

From Ric Baumann, 2/25/2007  6:46 PM

Yes, Ashley Furniture, has hundreds of problems, with their quality. Too many. Finish, part size, poor vaneer, etc. Holes mis-aligned all over, too. Yikes ?

ALL FURNITURE STORES should be aware, they WILL let many smaller stores, sell their product, "come to you," and ASK you to sell " ASHLEY," many months, or a year, " BEFORE " they open a store near you. That's how they have screwed, too many small & medium store THIS WAY.

Their conduct was the worst & I could tell you stories, that would shock you. 100's have felt, as if a big knife, was put in your back. Right after Sept 11th too. Only in 2000. Any other decade, people could sue them. I hope many of you will.
Dishonest, POOR work practices, BAD quality. Bad finish, mis-aligned holes on most. A JOKE. REALLY.
Indonesian & Asian sweat shop, perhaps ? So bad, it could be ?

Richard B. So California. richenry741@hotmail.com

From Harry, 2/12/2007  7:22 PM

Used to work for Ashley and have been to the distribution center in Wisconsin,shocked by how the furniture is made.The finishes on tables is what they call "foil finish" its glued on with the finish being already in finish.Be careful not scratch or dent it,impossible to repair or refinish will flake off like dust.If you want quality by quality from a reputable furniture company,if you want junk buy from Ashley,because thats what it is.

From Giving Up, 2/12/2007  3:45 PM

I am a former (by choice) Ashley Homestore CSR. Boozy is not lying. He/She has the very same knowledge and experience with the company that I do. As for the editor's reply, I have to tell you that your comments amaze me. I have made many furniture purchased in my life and I have dealt with one Ashley Store where I can say I had a good experience. I have dealt with other furniture retailers who's service was so good it shocked me and made me promise to do business with them again. I am very intensely trained in customer service with over 3 decades of experience in amny fields. I know the nature of the furniture industry. ASHLEY FURNITURE HOMESTORES ARE BAD NEWS! As many complaints as you have listed here, that is how many I would receive in one work day!!! No one ever tried to get to the root of the problem, they just put bandaids on each complaint and never made it right. I now work for a company that is known for it's excellent customer service and return policy. I have been there for 6 months. I would never dream of leaving this company because they give me the tools I need to live up to their mission statement. Ashley had a mission statement and then laughed in the face of every employee or customer who was stupid enough to believe it. As for Shop Girl...you have to be related to an owner, or one yourself... Even our managers in the store couldn't play along with the game anymore...so you have to have a vested interest in the company. How can you live with yourself? I have even dealt with Seaman's many times and never had an issue. I had a major problem with Macy's Furniture that was handled to my utmost surprise when they told me to come in one year later and pick out whatever leather set I wanted without regard to price and then sent me a refund check for the balance (even though this set should have cost more) but was on a Mfr. Closeout. Go into any furniture distributor and look at the size of the customer service staff they have, look at how many times you have to sign your name and how many disclaimers they make you sign...then go into Ashley Furniture HomeStore in North Brunswick, NJ and do the same. Most major furniture stores I have ever been too have an office staff of 1 or 2 people per shift. When I was at Ashley we had 13 plus 3 Customer Service Problem managers, a phone answerer for problem calls and then our delivery, warehouse and service departments all had their own problem staff. Now only did the customers not get a human when they called, the internal departments within our own store wouldn't even pick up for us, update the computer logs or return our calls. For almost a year I was there, I never spoke to a person from one of those internal departments on the phone!!! They would complain to managers in defense of each other, but no one eever sat down and had a productive conference to promote improvement in the company.

It was all about smiling and greeting the customer. Sell them this and sell them that. but protect the company itnerests and liability on problems at all costs. If they yell get them away from the counter and take them to one of the 3 Customer Complaint Managers. If they are really mad, we'll make them happy with an accessories gift card.

THE PLACE IS A DISGRACE TO THE ONE OR TWO GOOD STORES PER 100 THAT EXIST!!! Everything these people are saying is common practice at Ashley Furniture HomeStore and that is the bottom line.

From BOOZY, 2/12/2007  12:16 PM

JANIS I hope you did not get the 4660388 Sonoma Brown leather because if you did you problems with ASHLEY FURNITURE are just begining. The dye will be coming off within the first year and sometimes sooner. Next time buy LANE or BASSETT or KLAUSSNER their leather lasts I have sold their products and rarely have a complaint and when we get one its usally something simple. But with ASHLEY its nothing but problems. Do some research on the internet and you will begin to get the picture. And dont listen to these people and their hogwash about how big ASHLEY is so they are bound to get some complaints. That is pure uneducated nonsense. ROOMS TO GO is the number 1 retailer in the USA and if you research them they have very few complaints. So that goes to tell you that ASHLEY is not making good furniture. Warn you friends and family and dont listen to "WELL ITS MID-PRICED AND WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FOR THAT PRICE. That statement is right either becaus it should at least last a year and if ASHLEY made it you will lucky to get a few months out of it.

From britt, 2/10/2007  5:42 PM

I need 3 5 1/4" drawer pulls for chest # 049222

From britt, 2/10/2007  5:42 PM

I need 3 5 1/4" drawer pulls for chest # 049222

From Brown, 2/8/2007  11:12 AM

I bought $7500 worth of there show room top grade bedroom set that was said to be solid wood its not it seems to have a thin coating of some sort thats coming off??? Im gettin the paper work that came with it stateing it is solid wood and wanting to take somekind of action can anyone help????

From Janis Wooden, 2/5/2007  11:23 PM

I made the mistake of purchasing a Millenium leather reclining sofa, loveseat, and chair at the Arlington, Texas Store. Foolishly, I purchased the extended warranty. When the furniture was delivered, they damaged my walls trying to get the furniture in the door and the furniture. They took forever to come out and look at the sofa's and in the meantime, my declawed cats (front paws) puncured the furniture voiding the warranty. Now, I have furniture that can't be repaired and a damaged wall. Please pass the word on....DON'T BUY ANY THING FROM ASHLEY FURNITURE. The Arlington store is owned by Levitz who used to own LEVITZ Furniture. I guess there is a reason they are not in business anymore. If you WANT TO SAVE MONEY, DO NOT BUY FROM ASHLEY FURNITURE...IT WILL COST YOU MUCH MORE THAN IT IS WORTH. IF YOU OWN PETS, DON'T BUY LEATHER FURNITURE. This little lesson cost me $3000. LET THE BUYER BEWARE REGARDING ASHLEY FURNITURE. There are more complaints against ASHLEY than satisfied customers. Just search the web for ASHLEY's complaints. BTW, I would not recommend buying stock in this company either.

From Chris House, 1/30/2007  8:33 AM

I recently purchased furniture, about $4,000, from the Ashley Homestore in Columbus, MS. I read these postings after the fact and I got kind of worried about my decision. I receieved my furniture a week after I ordered it and they showed up 30 minutes ahead of schedule. The furniture looked great. There was one small scratch on the china cabinet but the delivery guys fixed it with no problem. You have to know that this is massed produced furniture not Bob Villa sitting in some wharehouse waiting for your order. But having said that I was very pleased with the quality b/c it is by no mean cheap. I just wnated to send this reply for anyone reading all the negative input. Like they always say "Bad news travels a lot faster than good". I would definetly recommend Ashley Homestore in Columbus ,MS.

From Betty, 1/28/2007  11:09 PM

Thank you for keeping me from making a huge mistake.
I expected to find some unhappy customers, because there ARE always some.
I never expected to find the level of frustration and dissapointment with the merchandise that I have seen posted here.
You have saved this girl a heap of money and my thanks goes out to you all.

From Ashlie, 1/26/2007  12:56 PM

I am not surprised, and had to go through a few hoops to get response on my table. I am sorry to hear so many people have it so bad!

My furniture though, was delivered within a week and a half...the morons putting it together did scratch a part of my entertainment center, but it isn't visible.

We bought the Martini set for the living room, tables and all. Our actual coffee table had the wheels on it, and it was nice to be able to roll it when vacuuming, well one day I did that and one of the wheels broke right the hell off! I called and was polite, I did buy the extended warranty on all of the furniture, and after about a month and a half of being patient enough, and getting two different answers we went to Ashley. I guess it took some b***ing to get the wheels delivered, but now that we got the, I don't even want them on the table. They gave us a $50 gift card.

We've had this furniture since the beginning of October so I guess time will tell! You all have me so damn scared though, jesus! We spent $5,000 I hope it wasn't a mistake :(

From Boozy to Editor, 1/20/2007  10:50 AM

I think all these complaints should paint a broad brush across the Ashley name. I dont understand your kind of vague defense of Ashley. Ashley Furniture Industries is a "S(deleted)BAG OUTFIT". They have been sued repeatedly for producing cheaply made knockoffs of other furniture companies designs. Their own Vice President sued them. They are being sued as we speak for copying the comforters that the homestores sell. Some of the homestores that sold these comforters are being sued. The Ashley Furniture field reps talk bad about the company, yes their own reps cant stand THEM. And I know you know the THEM that I am refering to. THEY have left such a bad taste in the mouth of RETAILERS, REPS, EMPLOYEES, CONSUMERS and myself that makes me predict that they will not be around long. THEY are the lowest of the low. Good business is not doing what THEY have been doing.

From jennie, 1/19/2007  6:21 PM

Wow! I just read some e mails, I just posted one about Wickes and I too had saggy cushions within about 6 months even if we dont pay thousands upon thousands of dollars we pay a good amount! and its not intended to buy trash, if we wanted something we knew wouldnt last a few years wed go to the willy willy pronounced weely weely (thrift store)or to a garage sale!!! Hardly no one sits on my couches either and thy sag! I hope Wickes will offer good service and replce my sofas, for now i must wait and see Im so sorry for all of your problems with Ashley.

From Guest, 1/18/2007  8:32 PM

Editor's note:

A company like Ashley doesn't get to be the largest furniture company by failing to consistently deliver overall value to consumers.

Thousands of pieces of furniture are sold by the company every day, through many different retailers... some factory owned, some independent. Some retailers give good service, others poor. Some consumers have good experiences, but there are others whose expectations cannot be met by furniture items at this price point or by the level of service delivered by a high volume furniture retailer.

It would be a mistake to paint a broad bush over the entire Ashley comany and their products based on a small sample of consumer compaints.

Our rule of thumb is that as a consumer, it is important to find a furniture store and a salesperson you feel comfortable with. Ask some "what if" questions. The choice of specific retail store is often more important than the choice of manufacturer. I hope that Ashley retailers and consumers will also share their positive experiences or comments on this blog.

From RCrispin, 1/18/2007  8:18 PM

I now understand why Ashley demands their money up front. I am kind of an old guy and my principles are a little old fashioned. I give you my word and it happens, I expect the same from an honest business man. Obviously that is not going to happen when you deal with Ashley. I will never deal with them again and I will advise all of my friends not to either. BUYER BEWARE. For your own experience, give them a try. Don't say that I didn't warn you.
Thank you and you be sure and have a nice day.

From BOOZY, 1/12/2007  4:06 PM

As for UNKNOWN that says he works for Ashley and loved it "GIVE ME A BREAK" I want you to field some of the phone calls we get from these poor consumers who have been "SUCKED IN" and actually bought some of the garbage that Ashley makes. Did you not see Good Morning America a few weeks ago when they actually showed you what kind of cardboard junk they make and also both Orlando Florida TV stations have aired complaint issues. Channel 2 and Channel 6 both ran spots about all the complaints they get about the Altamonte Springs store.

From BOOZY, 1/12/2007  3:55 PM

I feel sorry for everyone that bought Ashley Furniture. Ashley Furniture Industries is truly the lowest of the low. I get phone call after phone call about their leather falling apart after only a few months. No one is happy. The furniture never shows on time and when it does it usally is damaged, then if by a miracle after touching it up for hours you can maybe get it delivered to the customer it eventually falls apart or the leather dye comes off or the finish rubs off. The have been sued by many other manufactures for copying their product and then turning out a cheap knockoff. They were even sued by their own Vice President. Right now they are being sued by 6 different companies for copying their bed comforters and 3 of the HomeStores are named in the suit. That info is right out of the last issue of Furniture Today a furniture trade magazine. If your reading this you probably have figured out I am in the furniture business. Let me tell you if you pass an Ashley HomeStore do yourself a favor and keep driving, tell all your friends and family to do the same. Their are plenty of other furniture stores in your town that have good quality furniture like Lane and Bassett. Dont be suckered in by other the advertising the do. Spending a ton of $$$$ on advertising means none is being spent on making a good product.

From GuyInAZ, 1/3/2007  7:36 PM

This piece usually retails for about $1200-1600 dollars depending on where you look who you talk to and how much research you do. After spending a couple of weeks I am able to purcahse the 4 piece set for $598.99 pluse tax and an optional $40 dollar 3 yr extended warranty. The piece appears to be constructed out of MDF with a glued on laminate. This piece is glued/stapled/screwed together. The drawers appear to have dovetail joints. I've looked at other entertainment centers that are constructed from "SOME" solid woods (such as pine, oak etc) with glued on wood veneers. They are glued/stapled/screwed together as well with dovetail joints in drawers etc. These items that have "SOME" solid woods are a little more money. I'd be looking at around $696.00 for just the 2 piers and bridge, and an additional $324.00 for the center tv stand as well as an optional $100.00 for an extended warranty for 5 yrs. Since this item isn't really a wear and tear item like a sofa/table is there any benefit to spending the extra money on something that isn't made out of MDF or what are your thoughts? The price I'm getting on the Ashley piece is amazing but I don't want to have any issues etc. The only stress I see this item ever seeing is with moving or something of that nature. However anything can be damaged moving if not moved carefulley. On a side note this purchase will not be MADE at an Ashley Home Store. It will be made at a fairly large locally owned store by the name of Sam Levitz. They have had quite a few complaints via BBB mostly relating to delivery and such. Anyhow let me know your thoughts, concerns, opinions etc. Thanks for your time.

From Pam, 12/6/2006  10:23 PM

KAY...
THINK TWICE, THINK TWICE!!!....just trying to save you from quite possibly having to deal with a lot of @#!#!!@!##&!!!(MAJOR FRUSTRATION)!!!
Per MYpurchasen GONZALES,La.:.....Almost $1700 in furniture purchased in 8/2006 STILL WAITING, with fingers crossed that I will have my sofa before Christmas 2006!!!! .
I have to let everyone know what this experience has been like!!I wILL NEVER< NEVER, purchase anything from aNY ASHLEY FURNITURE store or product again! JUST OFFERING SOME FRIENDLY ADVICE..since you asked!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!PEACE BE WITH YOU! V!

From Kay, 12/2/2006  5:13 PM

Is there anyone out there that knows of any issues with bad product being sold in the Grapevine, Texas location; or any bad customer service experiences from that location?

From Katie, 12/1/2006  7:37 PM

Hattiesburg, MS HomeStore

I sure wish I would have found this site before I spend my money on Ashley Furniture. I am 22 so spending 3,300+ on furniture is alot for me. I have just purchased my first home so this is my first furniture purchase. When my furniture was delivered it was really damaged.... BAD!!! A corner of the dresser had been broke off and glued back on... they tried to fix the finish so I would not notice but it just made it worse.... The board across the bottom of my couch was busted and the leg was about to fall off... the armoire was busted on both sides... they expected me to keep this and have a repairman come and fix it. They even told me that the repairman fixed the dresser but didn't get to the rest... so the store knew that it was damaged and still sent it to my home. After telling the delivery men that this was not staying in my home, it was finally loaded back up.... but not before I took pictures of every piece. They "said" that they have ordered me new furniture... but we'll see. The people I have had to deal with have been extremely rude and do not care at all about what they have done..... This has been absolutely the worst experience I have ever had... oh and this furniture is made here... in the USA??? mine is stamped "Made in China". If I wanted furniture from China I would go to Wal-mart. I tried contacting the corporate office but they don't care either.

From Guest, 11/22/2006  4:05 PM

I bought a sofa from Ashley Furniture in Gonzales, La. After the sofa was delivered I kept hearing a popping noise every time I sat down. I found a Screw under the cushion that had put a hole in the bottom of the cushion. It was standing up about 1/2 inch under the cushion. I had Ashley pickup the sofa and repair it.   They turned the screws over so that the head of the screw was on the top and replaced the cushion.   After a few months it put another hole in the cushion. They replaced the screw and cushion again.   Now I have the same problem again and they are telling me that the sofa is out of warranty.   They never fixed the problem RIGHT when it was under warranty. I had problems with almost everything I bought from there. I will NEVER buy anything from Ashley again. I also talked to the Ashley corporation and they said that they can only call the store and suggest that they fix it. They can’t make them repair the furniture. WHAT CUSTOMER SERVICE…..I spent over 3,000 with this store. I will spread the word to everyone that I know.

From Guest, 11/20/2006  8:07 PM

ASHLEY FURNITURE customer service, Gonzales, LA. We've had 2 sofas delivered, first sofa had defective frame...after many calls to customer serviceand speaking with the store owner,they finally had 2nd sofa delivered which had a cut on the top of the arm. We were sent a "replacement" piece of fabric?!??!!to repair the arm of the sofa that was more than likely cut when the factory cover was removed?~??!? TWO pieces of defective merchandise from day ONE in our home!!!!...their solution is to send a tech out to make repairs...a brand new piece of furniture needing to have THE fabric on one of the arms replaced!!SHOULD THIS BE ACCEPTABLE??????????
NOT IN MY BOOK!!!
BUYERS BEWARE!
STILL looking for a solution here.

From Guest, 11/16/2006  8:31 PM

I WORK FOR ASHLEY AND LOVE!!!!!!! IT!!!!!!!'IT IS WONDERFUL COMPANY TO WORK FOR>>>>>

From Lamar DeLaney, 11/13/2006  9:00 PM

Kincaid furniture stores at Greenville, Charleston, and Columbia SC. have stolen millons of dollars by taken orders for several months and keeping the deposits and not delivering any furniture. The stores are being closed by a liquidaion company. See the store by the Charleston Post and Coureier by John McDermott.

From Henry, 11/9/2006  4:49 PM

I bought bedroom set in 2003 from Jacksonville, Fl store. When they delivered the furniture, The handle in one of the drawer was missing. Delivey guy noted it and called the customer service right away. he told me it will take about seven days for us to receive. We waited two weeks and called the customer service, but she had no record of it. She kindly told me that she will expedite and I will receive it within few days. Two more week passed but no handle. I called them up again and same person told me that it is "probably back oreder". I got little angry and called the store to speak with manager. Manager told me to deal with customer service again. I went to the store and told the sales guy that I am taking one of the handle from display. he was OK with that. One month later, they closed their doors for good in jacksonville. Last year they open a whole new big store in a very nice part of Jacksonville. We bought a dining set from them in April 2005. Sales guy also convinced us to buy extended warranty. We made sure it was part of Ashley and not someone else. he said "we will have peace of mind" with this warranty. Warranty covers everything for 5 years and there is no exclusion. Few months ago we noticed that finishing was wearing off and my 5 year old daughter put some permenant marking at the corner. We called Ashley and they gave us number to call. I explained the problem and She told me "it is manufacturer defect and it's not covered under warranty." I told her about the marking then she agreed to send a tech out. Week later tech shows up and looks at the table and takes off. Three weeks later we receive a letter in mail saying It's not covered under warranty. I called Ashley's customer service and manager told me that It's not manufacturer defect but normal wear and tear and It will not be covered under warranty. Now I am stuck with a cheap looking table which I paid $1300 less then a year ago. Ashly refuses to fix the problem and extended warranty people are completely bastered. NEVER BUY EXTENDED WARRANTY covered by MFS "MONTAGE FURNITURE SERVICES." Ashley furniture is truly a manipulateing store. They set up their showroom in nice middle class neighbour hood and mark up their furniture very high. Buyers beware, They sell low class furniture with well below low class service.

From Angela, 11/6/2006  7:31 PM

I bought a dining room table from Ashley last November. I have now been fighting with them on the grain of the wood since August. It is splitting and now I have heard every excuse as to why. God forbid that I actually use my table or even place anything on it. I was told not to use detergent or fabric softener on my table runners. I was told not to use dusting polish on my table. If I don't polish it everday the table looks like the oil is smeared everywhere. My table looks like crap. If you want quality furniture do not buy from Ashley. The Customer Service staff in Phoenix are rude and their technicians are absolute liars. I am now fighting this on a corprate level. Hopefully I will get a good response there. They sent me a gift certificate for $100 or $20 to a restaurant for my grief. I wanted to tell them to stick their gift certificate up where the sun doesn't shine. Hopefully this will get better at the corprate level. Don't walk away from Ashley Furniture. Run. Run far away because their product quality is appalling. My $200 table from Walmart was so much better. Stupid me I actually wanted a bigger table and spent 1000 more for a crappier table.

From Hank, 11/6/2006  10:27 AM

We have been shopping for a Sofa and Loveseat recliner set. Ashley was one of our perspective candidates, but after reading all of the crap that the stores pull and the poor after sale service we will probably go and pay the extra bucks and buy "BERKLINE".

From Den, 11/3/2006  6:26 PM

I planned on buying an Ashley loveseat this weekend because of their $50 off coupon (the store is fairly new in this area and has no reputation that I'm aware of). My wife just happened to mention it to my sister who said.. Don't! it will fall apart! So I did a search and came across this site. I'm so glad I did! Thank you everyone for keeping me from making a costly mistake. I'll steer clear of that store!!! THANK YOU!

From Guest, 10/31/2006  11:43 AM

It is amazing that this site has this many complaints on it. It makes me sick to know that they are getting by with all of this. When I found the rip in my couch I called the warranty too and they wouldn't cover mine either.....MAJOR RIP OFF!! I wonder what kind of kickback the sales people get for selling the warranty.

From Lorna Newlin, 10/31/2006  11:19 AM

We purchased a 3 piece leather living room set from Ashley Furniture in Huntsville, Alabama in March 2005. We bought an extended warranty that was supposed to cover anything that happened to the furniture, no matter whose fault it was. Well the cats drolled or something on the love seat and sofa cushions and we tried the cleaning products they gave us. It did not take it out, so we tried some other leather cleaner stuff.

When we filed a claim with Montage, we were denied because they said Nubuck leather was excluded on the policy. They said it stated so on the warranty. We had no idea this leather set was Nubuck leather and when I asked the insurance company why they excluded that type of leather, I got the run around that because it says so on the warranty. They said they didn't cover leather that was not sold a lot, but only covered what the majority of people bought. I wasn't buying this lame reason.

I looked up Nubuck leather on the internet and found out it was a very high grain leather that stained easily and was prone to soiling and that it required a lot of care to keep it clean. We were never told this type of leather stained easily or we would have bought something more durable. They knew we had animals when we bought it.

Ashley Furniture said they didn't know that Nubuck leather wasn't covered when they sold us the warranty and said they would refund the cost of the warranty. We feel they should have known what a warranty that they were selling covered and should have seen it didn't cover our furniture.

We were mislead by our sales person, who obviously didn't do his homework. It seems none of the Ashley Furniture people knew of this exclusion. We feel that they owe us a new living room set. We spent over $10,000 buying new furniture when we built our new house. We are going to continue to pursue this in small claims court.

From Guest, 10/24/2006  9:06 AM

Bedroom set was not delivered on time, when delivered was defective & sent someone to repair, was not able to be repaired & I was to get $100.00 store credit. In the mean time the mattress is on the floor, frame still broke, never received $100 store credit & they was $100 to come and repair bed frame. This has been now almost 2 yrs. DO NOT EVER BUY FROM ASHLEY FURNITURE, WHOLE SYSTEM AFTER THEY GET YOUR $$$$ IS A JOKE TO EVERYONE.

From JOE, 10/20/2006  12:19 PM

I PURCHASED A LIVING SET FROM ASHLEY FURNITURE IN TURNERVILLE, NJ, WHICH WAS DAMAGED DURING DELIVERY I'VE BEEN CALLING THE STORE AND THE SERVICE MANAGER FOR SIX WEEKS AND NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE, THE ONE TIME THEY CALLED ME BACK TO SET UP AN APPOINTMENT FOR THE TECH TO COME OUT THEY NEVER SHOWED. ASHLEY FURNITURE HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE FROM THE SALES STAFF ALL THE WAY TO CUSTOMER SEVICE.

From Linda, 10/10/2006  12:00 PM

We purchased a living room set from Ashley's in RALEIGH, NC. The set we purchased is supposed to be their top of the line (SOUTH SHORE). Within 6 months, we noticed a problem with both the sofa and love seat. The technician came out and advised us that the FRAME was coming apart and he could not repair. The have tried to redeliver a replacement set, which we refused because it was damaged and defective. Now, the store will not respond to phone calls, emails etc. We have been to the store to speak directly to them, and of course NO ONE knows anything about our situation. We will NEVER shop their again, and we will do everything in our power to make other aware of the poor quality and customer service.    

From Rebecca, 10/9/2006  8:40 AM

OK Shopgirl, I don't know who you are, but I can appreciate that you are trying to be the voice of reason. I also agree that Ashley is a fast-food type of store. For me, at least, that was definitely part of its appeal. I go to school full-time and work, so free time is rare. However, the point of fast-service retail is EFFICIENCY. In and out service. Your right, it's not meant to be heirloom furniture, but neither is is meant to be delivered in peices or broken. I've bought plenty of fast-food furniture from other retailers, knowing full well they were not meant to last, but at least they were servicable. And the few times I was sold defective peices, replacements were relatively hassle free. Ikea, Staples, Office Max, Pottery Barn, Peir One, are all stores where you walk-in, point, and go home. Once I started asking around, I could not believe the horror stories other people were telling me about the quality of Ashley furniture. There is no reason Ashley cannot provide furniture at least comparable to what I can pick up off a store shelf and assemble at home, so I do not understand why you insist on claiming moderately priced furniture must be crud by definition.

As to the fact that each store is individually owned, that is not something the stores want you to know. The salespeople are trained to refer to 'corporate', I suppose to try to inspire confidence in the company. I know who owns the store I went to, thanks to my local better business bureau. For those of you at the end of your ropes with these people, I encourage you to stand up and take action. Take down names and dates of conversations. Bring witnesses. Go to the BBB website, find your local store's owner, and use the legal resources available to you. Most people are afraid to resort to the courts, but that is what they are for, to be made whole again when someone has done you wrong. Otherwise, these practices will never change.

As for the end of my tale, of course my refund did not come on time. After the promised three weeks, I started calling the customer service manager, who was always 'on the phone'. That is, until one day she magically became free when I finally got fed up and dropped the word 'lawsuit'. I now have my refund, but the whole process was beyond absurd and underhanded.

From Shop Girl, 10/7/2006  4:04 AM

I am so sorry to hear such a bad experience with Ashley Furniture Homestore.

Fact: Stores are franchised with the each owner having serveral to serve.

Fact: Ashley Furniture is on the top 5 list of furniture retailers in our country. Why? The American wants instant gratification which is usually delivered by large retailers such as Ashley, Raymour and Flanagan (NE), Rooms to Go, JC Penney, Macys, and etc;

Fact: The public likes great financing like no payments, no interest......etc.

What do you think you are going to get............?

We have now initiated ourselves ............yes we as consumers did this....fast serve furniture retail stores.

Think about it. You go into a furniture store that is a daisy chain and state: "I am just looking". Come on now we do not want to spend what little time we have "looking". I can now compare a Ashley, Value City, Rooms to Go, Levitz (West Coast, Rooms in the SE) like a sit down fast food restaurant. People go in look at the furniture.......find what they think is right........snap snap have to get up and go.     Fill out the forms, hear what they want to hear (sometimes the sales associates fail at this to inform of delivery times) and out they go.

The next day........."OH my goodness what did I do?" will it fit, is the color right, maybe we should have purchased a King Bed with that cushion top......oh my goodness what will happen if that bed does not hold up with those great numbers.........afterall those stores are located in malls where you would lay on anything and it would feel great, does it really have memory foam (it has more memory than me) or did we buy a Lazy Boy or were we just looking for some great reclining furniture with value????????

This response covers all the above "complaints".   

Remember you signed an legal contract. READ THE BACK OF YOU INVOICE.   Most of the time if you do not receive your product within the date of agreement you have no obligation to accept product, and may cancel your purchase with NO restocking fees.

I think most complaints here are people who should review their invoice. It is sad, but serious bad sales associates who do not review the information with the consumer, but just wants warranty (read that too, if its good get it) because that is the big "cheese" payment for the sales associate. Once again read that warranty aggreement, use it if need be.

Consumer those great special orders are great!!!!!!!!   Watch you date for delivery........remember you put your hard earned money down on that special order.   That order should be promptly delivered as agreed, otherwise you have every right to complain, and most time cancel.

Remember people there is always someone out there who wants your business..........its great to keep it local in your area...........and those businesses that have been around for years are eager to compete with the big box store prices without the drive thru treatment.

By the way, from what I read here there are some folks that should get their refund, and not a in store credit. Its a terrible thing when a person works so hard for the money only to have it taken by any business.

GET YOUR CREDIT AND PROCEED TO A LOCAL STORE THAT YOU KNOW AND TRUST!   If you do not know of one ask your relatives, church people, co-workers are the best.

Shop Girl
XXXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

From laine, 10/6/2006  9:04 AM

i have had numerous problems with the ashley home furnishing store in anderson sc. I SPENT 10,000 DOLLARS on furniture that was supposed to be delivered in two weeks from the purchase date and here it is six weeks later and the only furniture that has been recieved is a china cabnet that has no shelves customer service says that it could take up to a month to get them deliverd and still no firm date as to when the bedroom furniture and living room furniture will be deliveredas for the fellow above named david he must work for ashley because no one else would defend a company with such poor customer service

From Bill, 10/5/2006  11:27 AM

At least you got your furniture. I recieved a love seat and am still waiting on the sofa delivery. I was the first delivery on their list today!

From why 30%?, 9/29/2006  3:22 PM

I have recently, less than 24 hrs 19hrs to be exact, purchased some furniture from Ashley Furniture in Franklin, TN. The manager, Eric Sanchez was of no help. I went home and relooked at my room and noticed that the bed I purchased was too big for my room. I immediately called them to cancel the order. They want to charge me a 30% restocking fee. What is there to restock when they told me the order would take 4-6 weeks to be delivered. I was also told before I purchased I had 3 days to cancel my order. Now they are saying no, the transaction is complete and I have to pay 30%. I refuse to pay 30%. The sales associate explained 3% after 3 days fee if cancelled. It's not even 3 days, its barely a day. I asked the manager for his bosses name he gave that. When I asked for his bosses boss name he said its the owners and he refused to give it to me. I then called the regional office and Eric's boss was not in. The customer service manager there told me she noted my complaint and will give it to the regional manger, Johnny Hunter, who will be in tomorrow. I asked her for Johnny's boss name she refused to give it to me, she said they are not allowed to give the owners name. I am glad I found more info on this site. These people are criminals if they keep my money for an order that has not been filled or pulled. I will wait until tomorrow to see what he say before I proceed to call corporate: PRESIDENT Todd Wanek or the CEO Ron Wanek . HAVE NOT HAD LUCK LOCATING Chief Sales Officer, Chuck Vogel, or Vice President Ben Vogel's numbers. I guess they would be at AShley Corporate number. I cannot believe that any company could be this horrible. Its pitiful

From Guest, 9/23/2006  8:37 PM

I work for an Ashley Furniture Homestore in customer serivice. I can't bring myself to buy furniture there. I won't allow my friends to shop there either. When customers come to the counter to pay for their order it kills me to take their money. They complain about almost every aspect of the transaction before they even pay and then the payment part is even worse. When customers complain to me all I can do is tell them how right they are and that I agree with them. I don't understand why people, after such a discouraging experience would still go ahead and complete the purchase. It only gets much worse after that. When I hear that someone is actually happy with their Ashley experience I am shocked. The place is horrible, my particular store mistreats their employees, they are completely abusive, and yet the employees never take it out on the customers. The sales people are in denial. They actually believe what they are telling their customers but the people at the checkout know better. I've quit my job. I just couldn't do it anymore. I felt like an accomplice to a crime, always trying to give the best customer service I could possibly do yet knowing I was telling people that the store honestly wouldn't live up to. It's shameful.

From Shop Girl, 9/22/2006  11:03 PM

I had a very pleasant experience at the new Ashley Store in Millville, NJ.

Here are the facts: Grand Opening, Saturday 8/16/06, prior to 5pm some folks that won the drawings were given complimentary sofas (how great is that).

My husband and myself visited the store around 6:10 seeking in all seriousness one ottoman, master bedroom furniture, and a curio (little picky on the curio must be painted with black as the main color more of a country french look). We were extremely excited to see a master bedroom suite that offered us a chest of drawers and a armoire with the dressor mirror. Unfortunate to us that no one ever greated us at the door (yes there was a young lady with what appeared to be a clip board in her hand, but she failed in here job to great us. It was really not her fault she was very busy speaking with another couple that came in the store ahead of us...........what are we to do...............get in line...........I do not think so.)

My spouse and I walked around the store for in real time was about 18 minutes, but was forever since no one approached us.

This is a good review, the store is beautiful, and offers so much more than others we have been in. The store on the down side offers no warm and fuzzy feeling of a hello or anything else. In this persons opinion we were probably marked on the board as a "couple" who came in.

Yes, Millville Ashley Furniture is a Great place to shop if you do not want any attention, and if you have a question...............well I guess you have to ask.

From Shop Girl, 9/22/2006  10:42 PM

I do stop in this site once or twice a month.

It does please me to help people out. I do not wish or want to direspect any dealer or franchise in my effort to assist others.

I have to state that Ashley Furniture is produced in mass quanities to attract those in a comfortable price range. The furniture is made to attract, in my opinion those who do not wish to purchase heirloom furniture.

Once again folks, shop smart.

From Shop Girl, 9/22/2006  10:34 PM

I have a tip for those nick and bangs.

First of all now you know you should never ever accept damaged goods. You will hold your breath because the person who will hopefully repair is a contractor who repairs goods delivered.

Oh my goodness, Cranky you are calling it leather.........I just hope it is and you were not misled on your purchase.

I am so sorry for people who do not look at the merchandise they receive before signing the invoice. It is the job of the delivery folks to hussle and they are often paid by the stop and merchandise that is delivered.

A great treatment for a scuff and something that is not embedded in the wood (run your hand over it, if there is indentation that could be a problem) is furniture markers often sold at a local retailer. I have used a sharpie marker matched close to the tone of the "wood" and then rub it with a cotton cloth. It should blend in, if not apply it again, and you will become an expert just like the one they will send to your house.....................at some point.

Note: I am not in the furniture business, but yes I was. I know how frustrating it can be to have a product you are not satisfied with. I am simply here to help.

From Cranky Canadian, 9/16/2006  1:41 PM

I only wish I had found this site in May 2006 BEFORE I bought my leather furniture from Ashley's. The furniture is in horrible condition with tears on the leather and one cushion came too small (intended for a chair not a loveseat -we did not even purchase a chair). All the legs on the sofa and loveseat are chipped, springs are pushing through on the back and staples are hanging off the bottom. To top is off, there is absolutely no padding on the sofa or loveseat deck so it is like sitting on a piece of wood as the cushions are already flat.

Furniture was delivered early in June and the repairman came out two weeks later to 'assess' the furniture. Since then every time we have called they tell us our parts are on order and it is a problem with the manufacturer -- yeah, right. I won't even tell you about how awful the tables they delivered are. Finally, after numerous calls to Ashley's, they phoned six weeks ago to schedule an appointment for the repairs which was to happen today -- we called this morning to find out what time the repairman would be over and they told us he was on vacation! They assured us they would be out next week but I'm not holding my breath. In fact, we are so tired of getting this run around that we are planning to load it up in the truck next Saturday, drive over to Ashley's , park right in front of the doors and demand a full refund!

From Susan, 9/16/2006  1:19 PM

I only wish I had found this site in May 2006 BEFORE

From Shop Girl, 9/16/2006  1:10 AM

Once again I have to state that Ashley Homestores are Franchised, thus owned by various people.

If you have a complaint it should be directed to the store which you purchased your merchandise from. I believe that any store that displays the BBB on a door when you walk in................well, they pay for that logo. I could be wrong.

As stated in previous e-mail you get what you pay for. So, when you purchase that bedroom suite look at the consturction of the drawers, or ask your sales associate to show the features and benefits of what you might purchase. If you do not see the value of any purchase you might intend to make, then you should not continue, or ask to see something more suitable to your needs.

It does frustrate me to read that someone stated the springs were broken. Question; do you know what kind of springs they are? Did your sales associate explain the spring system in the Ashley Furniture?

Knowledge is the key for the consumer. If you do not know ask............write it down............get your sales associates name...........better yet have the sales associate write it, if they will not do that. Get a manager who will obviously back up the word of the sales associate. People this is not hand tied furniture its simple sinuous spring built furniture which can be good if the steel is generous in width, if it steel at all.    So go into that furniture store jump on those springs, stand on them..............if you can not due to attached cushions (I think that says it all).

Shop Girl is going to another Ashley Store tomorrow will get back to you with my report.

Ashley Furniture is like good food, great presentation, nice surroundings, but it does not stay with you long.

From Rebecca, 9/15/2006  8:18 AM

I feel like I got off light compared to the rest of you. I should have done my home work on Ashley before purchasing, but after having good experiences with the customer service in other big chains (such as Macy's, Costco, and JCPenny)I assumed this would be no different. I have been furnishing my first 'real apartment' after college, and have been very careful in my style and selection of furnishings. I was giving up hope on finding a couch when i found a great one in the Ashley Homestore that opened up last year hear in North Brunswick, NJ. I was really happy, and though it was a lot more money than I wanted to spend, I laid out the $1000 up front for my couch. I was told by the sales associate that my couch was in the warehouse, but delivery would be delayed because they needed to ship in the matching ottoman. I was told Two to Four weeks, Not a problem, so I thought. I got a call after four weeks saying the line of furniture had been discontinued. I immediately went to the store to find out what was going on. I brought my mother with me to possibly pick out a replacement, since she had helped me pick out the original. Thank God I brought a Witness.

We waited for the customer service representative to come to speak us. After about fifteen minutes, we were ushered into her office. Now, I was annoyed, because I had been told the couch at least was waiting for me in the warehouse, so there was no reason that alone could not have been delivered. Of Course, having worked in Retail for many years, I know better than to be a pain when dealing with a customer representative. I explained to her what the salesperson had told me, that it appeared as if the furniture had been oversold, which was an unsatisfactory situation to begin with, but was made worse since even the floor model had been sold the day before and had not been offered to me. Itstead, she was very defensive, but professional (though her hands were shaking because she knew this was her fault) and blamed it on the manufacturer unexpectadely cutting short the supply. When i asked her about the promise of the furniture being in the warehouse, she said that was not how it worked and then gave an evasive answer about the shipping problems associated with furniture sales. Of course this did not explain why i had been told they had my couch, so my warning flags were going up. She offered to give me a discount on another piece or see if they could track down the couch from another state, but after waiting 4 weeks and recognizing distracting sales techniques, I declined. I asked for my money back. She kept trying to distract me with other offers (and was being coming snippier by the moment) but eventually she realized that i was not going to take any deal. She then spent literally 20 minutes clicking away at her computer. By now, we had been there for an hour, haggling for a refund on furniture I never got and they don't have.
So, becaue by now i knew this place was shady, I asked for the name and contact information of 'corporate' who be handling the refund. She said she did not have a phone number for them. WHAT? I told her straight out I did not believe her. She said they contact them by e-mail.   So i asked for an e-mail address. All she ended up giving me was a name. When I asked where the corporate office was located she asked why i wanted to know. Excuse me? I asked her why it mattered. She replaied that of course it didn't, and they are in NJ. I asked what town and she changed the subject and would not answer the question. Lies upon lies. Now she had been saying all along the refund would be 7-14 days. I finally asked if that was business days or regular, and she actually looked reluctant to admit it was business days! Then she tried to say she had told me that all along, which i immediately called her on. I told her I understood she was instructed to follow a store policy, but these evasive tactics were downright disrespectful.
Now, I have been on the reciveing end of a customer complaints before. I would never ever treat a customer like that. It was appalling. I took names, and you can be sure that if i don't recive my check on time, there will be legal action. I'm in law school now, and certainly not afraid to exercise my legal resources.
P.S. I went to the Macy's down the street, and paid less money for a better couch. They said they get a lot of business from people who were unhappy with Ashley, becaue the 'wood' furniture they advertise is really a cruddy cardbord amalgum.

From Doug, 9/13/2006  5:07 PM

I'm in the process of trying to deal with Ashley Furniture over issues with an entertainment center. My problems with their staff pretty much mirror the problems others have written about. How I wish I'd seen this site and several others with similar stories before I wrote that check.

I didn't expect any more than average quality from Ashley but we didn't even get average. Thank goodness I only bought a few things.

From Lynn Bellman, 9/12/2006  7:02 AM

Ashley Furniture is a Wisconsin company that plays a very big roll in the economic growth of my state. Many of my friends, neighbors and relatives work for Ashley Furniture, but many more have lost their jobs due to the closing of domestic manufacturing plants for China. This is today’s reality and it is very sad to see how the public accepts the low quality just to save a dollar. We all know we get what we pay for. Don’t expect heirloom quality for a 10th of the price. Use your smarts when shopping for something you expect to last.

If you don’t like how we are loosing American made products to overseas plants – don’t buy them! If you disagree with companies that steal designs from others for mass production overseas – don’t buy that $15 purse on the street that is labeled Gucci. Don’t be a hypocrite who likes complaining about where this country is heading – yet contributes to its downfall.

Ashley Furniture is a greedy company who has built its success on design theft from others. Their designers full time job is to research high-end furniture manufacturer’s styles – and copy them. If you want cheap furniture – go to Ikea… at least they have the integrity to hire their own designers.

I might not be the owner of a lot of products – but what I do own is original and made to last by manufacturers who take quality seriously.

Be a smart consumer – and a proud American!

From Dunner, 9/7/2006  11:56 PM

We purchased $7,000.00 worth of stuff from them in aug of 05 its now sep of 06 still waiting for parts to complete the assembly of our stuff. Never ever buy from ashley you will be sooo sorry

From Audra Dorsey, 9/4/2006  1:26 AM

I purchased a leather living room set from Ashley's last year. The three piece set was about 6000.00. I also purchased the three year warranty on the furniture. A few months ago the loveseat and sofa started peeling. I called montage.This is the company where my warranty is.I was told due to the fact that I keep kids from my home that my home was considered commercial and that that voids my warranty.They won't give me the refund back on the warranty either. The down part is that my In home child care is the only source of income listed on the application and yet they financed me and allowed me to purchased the warranty.I told the lady st montage that I live in my home and that the kids area is divided up from my living space. I don't know what to do. In one years time the sofa looks really bad and I thought I had purchased some good products from a good company. No one here at the Memphis store has been helpful.

From Audra dorsey, 9/4/2006  12:54 AM

I purchased a leather living room set from Ashley's last year and also the 3 year warranty. when it came time for me to use my warranty, I was told because I kept kids out of my home that montage void my warranty. My only source of income when I financed the furniture was the dact that I do this for a living. i pard about 400.00 for the warranty.My problem is the store has this down as my source of income and yet they financed me and allowed me to purchase the warranty. The lady I talked with told me my home was considered commercial. I told her I live in my home. Who can I call? What can be done?

From Shop Girl, 8/27/2006  3:43 AM

I have been reading this site due to a few Ashley Homestores in my region.

I have to say that the stores are franchised, thus numerous stores in one region are owned by one corporation or individual.

I can say that an Ashley Homestore is like a car dealership. Many around, but owned by different people, so one store may have better service than another.

Point I am trying to make is that the goods/merchandise is shipped via containers from overseas. Often times by the time it is handled by numerous individuals it tends not to be in perfect condition.

I have to wonder after reading all of the above especially those who expressed the prices were so low............what did you expect? I do not mean to insult anyone at all with this remark.

I was in a Ashley Homestore a couple of evenings ago, and realized exactly how "reasonable" the prices are. But when you look further with the sofa, chairs, etc; you will notice many solid colors with the microfiber (polyester in fact very sensitive to heat). It is very inexpensive to mass produce items with a solid color due to the fact you do not have to line up your fabric so that it looks great.

I also noticed the springs were very far apart on the sofas to save money, but create sagging. Not to mention those loose back pillows.......now how long will they last? Tip for those who bought sofas with the loose back take the cushion and roll, then fluff should look like new. If it appears to start to loose its luster go to a craft or sew shop and buy other filling to replace for it to last.

Ashley Furniture is now number 3 I believe behind Rooms to Go and Walmart for furniture to date. Ashley is the fast food of furniture, and even though people do not like them what do they get STORE CREDIT. You folks that have been waiting have every right to cancel your order due to fact it was not received on the promised date. You have the law on your side to receive any money due to you right back in you bank account.

Please, please people read your invoice front and back. It is fact, that people buy furniture on emotion, after making a selection hurry the process, and do not read or hear what is being explained to them at the end of the sale. It is a long process to purchase furniture, and longer on bedding, but if you not understand or the sales associate does not explain, ASK.

For those of you who purchased motion/reclining furniture from them..............I am so sorry for you. Best bet would be never use it to recline in so it holds up for a few years.

Ashley furniture is "throw away" furniture meant to last only a few years at best if used everyday. Therefore, the consumer does come back reselects and is upsold from their previous purchase. We all know that prices do not come down and that $653.00 sofa will be $749.00 or so in a couple years. When the process is done numerous times the company will make money even though you may think it small change to get new. Oh, and by the way my resources have told me that the mark up is well over 60%.

So many stated the customer service was mean, rude or did not even care. Keep in mind when ever you call someone in a customer service department it is hopeful that it is just a question, but when they are not pleasant I would think that means they are getting complaints 24/7.

Remember purchase with your head, not your heart, ask friends about the place you are making your purchase. It is likely someone you know has made a purchase at the same store. The biggest thing of all is do not let someone push you into a purchase. If it feels wrong, it just might be, think on it.    Last of all you have the right to cancel in most states within a specific time frame (that is more than what you get from the delivery services, sorry that was a funny).

Good Day and Smart Shopping.

From Guest, 8/25/2006  11:27 AM

Thank you Mark for your information. I have left a message @ Ashley Corporate for someone to call me back. Here it is August 2006 and I still don't have my issue resolved with Ashley Furniture. They are holding my credit of $2000.00 as a IN STORE CREDIT.

I have turned the issue over to a local attorney and he will hopefully be able to resolve this problem. I don't want anything from the but the money that I paid for the furniture they now have back. That is all I want.

From ABC..., 8/17/2006  9:01 PM

They are a scumbag outfit... Referencing Mark above.

They just did a national survey, less than 10% of their stores are in the range of being "acceptable" from a customer satisfaction survey. It also states that they are gaining market share right now but will loose business based on nobody coming back, they cannot rely on having repeat business unless they turn it around FAST! Less than 20% of customers are satisfied.

It's known across the entire industry that they have a BAD REPUTATION!!! They automatically give an 11% credit to most of their retailers, based on bad merchandise before it's even delivered to the stores.

The furniture is crap, they don't stand behind their product, you get what you pay for and even less, the company has an extremely high turn-over, customers and employees alike, they are out the door as soon as they "catch on" they walk or when they start questioning "why" because they want to "help" then those people get fired, nobody is ever happy with Ashley. I worked for the company until realizing that they were unethical, greedy and cheats. They owe me over 2_,000. going against on staff attorneys is useless unless you have unlimited funds.

The best advise is from "MARK" above

Bottom line, unless you want a tremendous amount of headaches, don't buy from Ashley Furniture.

From Tammy, 8/11/2006  5:22 PM

My husband and I are buying new furniture for our 4,000 sq ft home that we are in the process of building in AL. My husband heard of the low prices on Ashley furniture. We got on their web site last night and I looked through every catagory and found several collections that I thought looked really nice. So, we decided that we would go to the Ashley Home Store in Huntsville just to look at their floor models of these collections and then we would buy what we liked from our local furniture store that can order Ashley. When I searched online for Ashley Home Store Huntsville to find the phone #, this web site came up....Thank God! I read all the negative reviews and then called the local funiture store that carried Ashley. When I asked about Ashley, she told me that they quit carrying their furniture for 3 yrs because of all their problems. They only started carrying some of it again because people were still coming in asking for it. She had hoped with their new lines that they would be better quality. It was not the case. They still have problems w/ most of their Ashley sales. And she also said that Ashley does not stand behind their products and strongly suggested that I look into other brands that their furniture store carried. Basically, if it weren't for this site, I might have ended up w/ a beautiful home full of junk!! Thank you!

From Jack, 8/9/2006  7:24 PM

With my first purchase I had no complaints. Everything seemed fine. On my second purchase, I started catching the lies. "We build all furnature to order". "we don't stock furnature because its built as it is ordered". "we make a high quality product right here in Wisconsin". "we care about our customers". I went to the 200,000 SQFT "distribution center" to pick-up my chair. There was trash all over the floor. Un-boxed furnature was stacked on top of unboxed furnature. It looked like a furnature truck crashed and all the stuff fell out. As far as all the comments about getting what you pay for, I bought a sofa at J.C.Penny in 1991 for $300.00. I turned it in to good will in excelent condition three weeks ago. Price does not equal quality.

From Matt, 8/1/2006  2:12 PM

I've already posted this elsewhere on the net, but I want to make sure that as many people as possible avoid this pathetic company...

Never, ever buy anything from this company. I’m cutting short a very long story here… my local store in Florida consistently delivered damaged furniture and even went to the extreme of not crediting me for a returned item even though I personally took it back to their distribution center in Tamarac! This was over one year ago and I’m still waiting for my $125…

Customer Service is a joke. They lie through their teeth about deliveries and pick ups. You agree something with one rep, when it doesn’t happen, you call them back and they claim no knowledge of the prior conversation. I managed to get hold of one of the supervisors whose only line of defense was that Ashley Furniture stores could not be held responsible for the damage and poor quality of the furniture and in fact it was the fault of the manufacturer. According to him, Ashley is only a vendor. Technically this is true, but do they really think that consumers are stupid enough not to associate their stores with their furniture!!! They just have no interest whatsoever in standing behind their products. When I asked him who manufactures the furniture, he told me it was in ’some company in China’. When I asked him to buy me an air ticket so I could go there and complain directly to them, he declined!

Eventually I got hold of their Customer Service VP. She finally returned one of my calls and when she did was very snippy with me. The conversation went like this;

“What’s your problem?”

Me: I explain the background. 10 seconds in she cuts across me.

“Why are you telling me this?”

Me: To give you context about the deeply unsatisfactory experience I’ve had.

“What do you expect me to do about it?”

Me: I want you to pick up the piece of cr*p furniture sat in my garage. Just like your rep promised me about 8 weeks ago.

“Someone will call you later to arrange it”

Me: OK. Also, can you tell me what has happened to my refund for the other damaged goods I personally took back to your warehouse? Also, why did your Customer Service manager tell me barefaced lies about…. Hello?….Hello?…..

(she cuts me off)

A complete joke of an outfit. I take great pleasure in knowing for a fact I’ve cost them at least $10k in sales by telling my friends about them…

From Mark, 7/29/2006  3:39 PM

I will not mention my affiliation to this "scumbag outfit" but let me tell you the promblem starts at the corporate level. The BBB cannot do anything for you, Let me give you some advice contact your local TV station and newspaper sometimes they can help and go right to the top at Ashley Corporate. 800-477-2222 ask for Todd Wanek or write:     Ashley Furniture Industries
                               One Ashley Way
                               Arcadia, WI 54612

From Barb, 7/22/2006  10:47 AM

We bought an ASHLEY loveseat and two rocker/recliners and within a couple of weeks the love seat looked like I had had it for years. It looked worn and used. And one of the rockers, on the arm rest, has a defect in the material. I contacted the furniture company concerning this matter and you would've thought I had committed a crime.   I was yelled at over the phone! What kind a customer service do we have now? I can go on with each event, bottom line is, since we didn't have them deliver the furniture it is our problem. We can bring it back and show them. You know what, Ashley has no intention on replacing it. We will never buy Ashley furniture again or from the place we bought it from, it is JUNK...We should've stayed with Lazy Boy. When purchasing for my older sons new place we won't be buying Ashley.

We shopped store to store, but failed to see this web page, I wish we would've saw this!

From Christie, 2/7/2006  12:36 PM

I finally got my furniture. One side of the couch does not recline properly due to a bent frame. Then a dining chari broke, because they had previously broke it and glued it back together for delivery to us. The leather is also not secured on one end of the couch. (this was recognized by the tech who came to repair) we waited a month for the tech, and all he does is say, "ok we need these parts shipped to you, call us when you get them"!!!!!!!! How ridiculous!!! We plan to move out of state in 6 months and I doubt it will be fixed by then. I think we will end up repairing it oursleves. We happen to be fortunate enough to know what we are doing. This Company Sucks!!!!!!!!!!

From Rob, 11/19/2005  10:13 PM

My brother in law had problems with Ashley Furniture. He had bought a sofa set, and 2 bedroom sets from them. They sent his furniture to him 2 months after the original delivery date. They never called to let him know what was going on. When he went in to talk to them they ignored his demands and tried to talk to other customers who were walking in. After making a complaint, the manager was fired. At first, I had thought he was overacting a bit. So, I went and bought 2 bedroom sets from them also because I thought it might just have been that one time. But, on the day my furniture was supposed to have been delivered no phone call was made and nobody showed up with my furniture. I waited until 5:00pm to contact someone in support services. I had wanted to know a range of time so that I could be able to get some errands done. I had already wasted that day for nothing. They told me around 5:30pm to 7pm. And to call them back if the delivery didn't come at 7. It never came; so, I tried calling them back. Only to find out, they closed at 7pm and I'm only left with a voicemail which I couldn't leave a message. I'm still waiting for my furniture. I'm going to make a complaint to the manager and advise anyone I know not to buy furniture from Ashley Furniture on Lien Rd in Madison, WI. They can charge us for not being home but when we're home they don't even come. A lot of time and money wasted. They have bad customer service also.

From Guest, 11/18/2005  11:47 AM

I tried calling the customer service manager today to talk to them about sending my "IN STORE CREDIT" to the finance company that financed my furniture interest free for 3 years. I have already talked to Wells Fargo and they told me that Ashley sends them credits all the time for furniture that has been returned. I called and finally got the customer service manager on the phone after 4 phone calls to only have her snap at me when I mentioned sending my credit to Wells Fargo. I explained that employee with Wells said that they do it all the time. The lady with Ashley actually yelled at me then when I yelled back she said that I was the one ugly with her. I have a witness with me that heard the whole conversation because I had her on speaker phone...too bad I didn't hit record. Anyway she told me that my situation did not QUALIFY for my credit to be issued to Wells Fargo...when I asked her what situations do qualify she couldn't tell me. I have also talked to the manager at Wells Fargo and he said he would call Ashley on my behalf and see what he can do. I have talked to a local news station to see what they can do as well.....

From Diane, 11/14/2005  8:27 PM

Well, it would seem I am not alone! August 13, 2005 we ordered an entire living room of furniture from the Mesa, AZ store. We got the same 4-6 delivery time. Today, 11-14-05, SOME furniture did make it to my house. I was called this morning and told one table "did not meet manufacturers specs" and had to be sent back! When delivery truck showed up two other pieces to a wall unit were no where to be found! When will this nightmare end???? I urge everyone to tell as many people as possible DO NOT BUY FROM ASHLEY!!.

From Scott, 11/11/2005  11:50 PM

Update... Still no replacment table. Should be here on the 20th, I will let you know. Everything else in my house I purchased at the Costco Homestore. They Rock! Got the furniture the same day. If there is a problem take it back, no questions asked! Wow has this been a learning exp... !

From levitz 2 NC, 11/11/2005  7:31 PM

This happens every where. Our customers at Levitz furniture are also waiting months for there furniture. East Coast, West Coast it doesn't matter they all have problems.Since they filed bankruptcy some of our customers wont see any of the furniture they ordered or any money back.It's disgraceful.,Welcome to the furniture biz.

From megan, 11/11/2005  6:44 PM

Ashley is one step up from RoomStore. I expected crap but, I expected the crap to at least get to my house in one piece. The delivery guys here in PHX, AZ actually demanded beer from me and then one passed out in the truck! He left the other one to finish the set-up. SO that guy broke the table hinge. It took 11 weeks to get another table with a million calls, arguments, and un-returned call w/ Ashley! That table arrived and they broke the leaf too! What a crappy company with terrible customer service. I would recommend no one ever purchase from them again. I may get another table this weekend after 18 weeks since date of purchase. I filed my complaint w/ BBB today. Monique in CS in PHX needs to go to college. She could learn some valuable math, speaking and learning skills.ÊÊÊÊÊÊ

From thomas, 11/1/2005  10:38 PM

DANA K
I dealt with the mesa store also in the above paragraph. I'm getting ready to go to the Better Business Bureau. good luck

From thomas, 11/1/2005  10:25 PM

In sept I purchased a large 7 piece desk/bookshelf unit from the phoenix area store. The delivery guys knocked 2 holes in my walls, a desk leg has a 3 inch chunk knocked out and quickly glued back in, the keyboard shelf comes 1/4 of the way out, the keyboard hinges have no pins connected the two halves of the hinge so the shelf is falling off, one set of cabinet doors are hanging on upper hinges and falling off, the file cabinet drawer was made too big to hold the file tracks it came with. I talked with customer service after being on hold 30 minutes, they said they have a December appointment available to come out and look at the unit, I asked to speak with a manager and one has yet to call. I drove to the store I purchased the item at, and met with the store manager, I brought my digital camera, after seeing the photos she admitted a problem and ordered pieces to repair, I have yet to hear from anyone and its been a month. I dont reccomend this company at all!

From Guest, 10/28/2005  4:43 PM

BBB REPORT FOR ASHLEY FURNITURE HOMESTORE, INC. HUNTSVILLE, AL

These complaints concerned:

2   Advertising Issues     
BBB Definition:

Advertising Issues - Claims alleging print or electronic media advertised claims or practices misrepresent the service or product offer.

8   Sales Practice Issues     
BBB Definition:

Sales Practice Issues - Claims of alleged sales presentations made in person or by telephone that contain misrepresentations of the product or service, high pressure sales practices, failure to disclose key conditions of the offer, and verbal representations not consistent with written contractual terms or agreements.

39   Delivery Issues     
BBB Definition:

Delivery Issues - Claims alleging delayed delivery of ordered merchandise.

2   Guarantee or Warranty Issues     
BBB Definition:

Guarantee or Warranty Issues - Claims alleging failure to honor the terms regarding guarantees or warranties.

20   Product Issues     
BBB Definition:

Product Issues - Claim alleging a product does not meet the expectations of the complainant, including defective merchandise.

3   Refund or Exchange Issues     
BBB Definition:

Refund or Exchange Issues - Claim of alleged failure to honor company policy or verbal commitment to provide refunds, exchanges, or credit for products or services.

2   Contract Issues     
BBB Definition:

Contract Issues - Claim of alleged failure to honor contract or agreement, work performed without authorization, or invalid contract.

11   Customer Service Issues     
BBB Definition:

Service Issues - Claims of alleged delay in completing service, failure to provide promised service, inferior quality of provided service, or damaged merchandise as a result of delivery service.

BBB Definition:

Customer Service Issues - Claims alleging unsatisfactory customer service, including personnel's failure to provide assistance in a timely manner, failure to address or respond to customer dissatisfaction, unavailability for customer support, and/or inappropriate behavior or attitude exhibited by company staff.

1   Billing or Collection Issues     
BBB Definition:

Billing or Collection Issues - Claim alleging billing errors, unauthorized charges, or questionable collection practices.

2   Service or Repair Issues     
BBB Definition:

Repair Issues - Claims of alleged incorrect diagnosis of a problem, delay in completion of repair, inferior workmanship.

BBB Definition:

Service or Repair Issues - Claims of alleged delay in completing service, failure to provide promised service, inferior quality of provided service, damage merchandise as a result of delivery service. alleged incorrect diagnosis of a problem, delay in completion of repair, inferior workmanship.

They were closed as:

78    Resolved    &n bsp;
BBB Definition:

Resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues.

(click on Resolved to see more details)

33   Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.
43   Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to the BBB.
2   Company resolved the complaint issues, but not within the Bureau's timeframe.

1    Unresolved    & nbsp;
BBB Definition:

Unresolved - The company failed to resolve the complaint issues.

(click on Unresolved to see more details)

1   Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through the BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process.

9    Administratively Closed     
BBB Definition:

Administratively Closed - The BBB determined the company made a good faith and reasonable effort to resolve the issues, although the complainant was not always satisfied with the outcome.

(click on Administratively Closed to see more details)

9   BBB determined the company made good faith and reasonable offer to resolve the issues, but the consumer did not accept the offer.

2    No Response     
BBB Definition:

No Response - The company failed to respond to the complaint.

(click on No Response to see more details)

From Christie, 10/28/2005  11:45 AM

Well, After a week of calling everyday, when I was told I would be called in 24 hours, I got called. The message said My furniture would be here the third week of NOVEMBER...10-11weeks, not 4-6. But when I called again, I was told Nov. 11. I think they just gave me and answer to shut me up. I guess we will see what happens come Nov.11.

From Guest, 10/27/2005  10:24 PM

I am glad that this site helped one customer from wasting her money. I have attempted to contact the store manager that was listed on the BBB website. I have given him a week to respond if he doesn't I am turning all of this over to the news media. They will probably have a hay day with this one. Ashley is bombarding the commercials around here with their "Great Deals" and 0% financing. Funny if Wells Fargo knew of the problems they might not be so willing to help with financing.

From Rick, 10/27/2005  2:47 PM

The poor service is not limited to stores in the U.S. I live in Calgary, Alberta Canada and recently bought a table and chairs from the new Ashley's here. I was told that there was a good chance it would be in in two weeks and for sure in 24 days. I bought from them based on this. I found out that they NEVER get things in two weeks and only 90% arrive after 24 days. Then after 6 weeks, my table arrived damaged. The store manager will not return e-mail messages or calls. I have filed a claim with the local BBB. Does anyone have a contact number for their store in Wisconsin? I too would be happy to join in any fight with the company. I intend to put all my effort into informing people just what kind of incredibly poor company this is.

From Scott, 10/25/2005  9:34 PM

Just an update, I filed my claim with the BBB and Ashley actually called me and left a message on my VM. I called back "Carmen" and it took a week for her to call me back. Carmen informed me my only option was to have them repair the table. I pointed out to her that the letter the BBB received said I could exchange the table for something else. She resisted at first but finally gave me store credit. I went to Ashley in Chandler and picked out a new table. Long story short they still have not called to deliver the new table, so I have now been without a dining room table since 7/5/2005. I am glad others are getting the message from this board. Please I beg you never buy anything from Ashley. If you do, you are throwing your money away. Scott

From Christie, 10/25/2005  1:03 PM

I am starting to have problems too, I was told furniture would be 4-6 weeks, well its been 7. I called and was told i would be contacted in 24hours. I was not called, so I called again. I was told because the store had just openned, I would not be called until tonight. The service rep is rude and has a lot of attitude. I have a feeling that this is going to be a disaster.. I will keep posting my progress. I warn others about the Ashley furniture Home store in Glendale AZ.

From Juanita, 10/25/2005  12:32 AM

I found this site while looking for an Ashley Furniture store. Thanks to what I have read here my search has taken a turn for the better I'm sure. I'd like thank you all for sharing.

From Mark, 10/24/2005  12:44 PM

I to have had problems with ashley furniture from there greenville S.C. store. No problems with sales or first delivery. 2 damaged items, a dreeser and a table. took 4 months, and dosens of phone calls before I finally got the furniture replaced. Was missled by costermer service and finally started climbing the ladder. It took talking to a Regional Manager to finally get all taken care of, and with a little pushing got a little knocked off the price.

From Guest, 10/20/2005  5:24 PM

Its sad but I know that its all true I use to be a customer service rep for the company . All Ashley care about is money. Micheal does not care about his customers . All he care about is smoking his cigars and ridding his bike . Ashley is like a gang if you dont live on Ashley way and hang around with upper mangement. They dont care if you come to work or not .Never call and ask to speak to a manager in the customer service department because there is never one that can speak with you. If you do get youre furniture on time expect to be damaged and then by the time you get a tech thats another 2 months its sad how the company operate . I hate to go to work everyday and have to lie to the customer that spend there hard earn money on trash . Kory Arizona

From uknow, 10/20/2005  4:03 PM

I use to work for this comoany and I feel for all you who have bought furntuire from Ashley . Its is really sad how they treat there customers. All they care about is the money once they have it they dont CARE and never except damaged furniture are youre stuck with it forever. Customer service department needs major help there train just to read from a script and no one wants to help

From Lucy, 10/18/2005  9:15 AM

I too, just filed with the BBB in Illinois because of Ashley Furniture. Mine was delivered damaged (most was done by the delivery guys or on the truck where NOTHING was wrapped up). I called customer service and waited for a tech. After 3 days (they had told me someone would call and be out with in 48 hours)no one called or showed, so I called the customer service at the distribution center again. They put another ticket in for a repair tech. Two days later, no call no nothing. Called the corporate office again, got yelled at by the customer service manager and got the run around as to why no tech ever called or showed up. I then called the store - got even bigger run around for two more days. I called three days later and finally got someone who "claimed" to be the assistant store manager and all she did was tell me "too bad" that it was damaged and that they were not responsible for damages. Then I borrowed a digital camera and took pictures, then filed with the BBB and State Attny General here in IL. The BBB got jerked around while trying to investigate, as the store and the "corporate office" bounced them around saying that they "didn't handle these matters". Eventually the Customer Service Manager (who was extremely rude and unprofessional) replied after telling the BBB she "didn't handle this stuff". Two weeks later, they called to set up an appt to pick up the furniture and give me a full refund.

I'm waiting for them to pick it up today, then I'm waiting for the credit memo to be in my hands before I close any of my claims. All I can say is this was a giant mistake on my part to shop there from the beginning. The old saying that "you get what you pay for" is definately true. This stuff is not quality furniture by any stretch of the imagination and this is definately not going to be a repuatable company for some time to come in the future.

From Scott, 10/11/2005  2:33 PM

Just to update.

I filed a BBB complaint and have made several more calls to the customer service line asking for a supervisor. They still claim there are none or "they are out to lunch." I appears this entire company in out to lunch.

I basically threw away $800!

To the Sir or Madam who works at for Ashley, I am not sure how you do it. Yes the folks in the showroom are nice; however god help you if there is ever a problem. Do some more Internet research on your employer. This company is a JOKE!

BTW I will update you folks shortly. I am going to start an Ashley Furniture complaints website. You will be able to post your experiences as well as pictures. I am also going to hand out flyers with the web address at the stores ,in order to make all of Ashley's potential customers aware of the mess they are about to get into.

PS I purchased at the Chandler AZ Store...

From john doe, 10/8/2005  1:47 AM

To all of you you have had horrible experiences with Ashley Furniture; I work on the sales floor at one of the stores, I would rather not share my name : ) WE do know there has been problems and we are devistated when WE hear our customers complaints. We build great relationships with you all and then we lose them. The point I would like to make is...there are many furniture stores throughout the nation, none of them do nearly as much business as we do. WE are the biggest and the best priced furniture store for the value. Some of you buy quality Ashley and some prefer a better price point. For the amount of business we do, these sad stories seem outrageous, but for the business we do - our damages and problems are a very small percentage. The rest of the stories are wonderful. Just remember - know what you are buying , ask the sales people more about the furniture, we are trained very well! Every furniture store has a story, Ashley Furniture stores have more...why? because we do the most business. WE appreicate your business and I apoligize on behalf of the sales people. AZ

From Tim, 10/4/2005  1:58 PM

I too will be filing a complaint against Ashley Furniture...I am sitting at 13 weeks from the time I ordered my bed, it arrived 7 weeks ago with missing parts. I was told that they would order the parts and the would be delivered to my house in two weeks. The two weeks came and went, so I contacted the store where I purchased it at 6233 E Southern Ave
Mesa, AZ and said I would take the parts off the floor model; the response was "sir we don't do that, your parts are on order". Here it is 7 weeks later and I am told that the parts will not arrive for another 3 - 5 weeks. Funny, when they are taking your money, there is no problem, but when you have a complaint, it's a supplier problem. I went into the store this weekend and in line ahead of me, were three people complaing of damanged products or missing parts...seems Ashley has quite a track record. This time I was offered the floor model partsl however, I would have to take them and install them myself...uhhh..I paid for delivery and a assembly of a complete bed...7 weeks ago I would have taken the offer....now I just want my money back.....BUYER BEWARE WHEN DEALING WITH ASHLEY FURNITURE HOMESTORES, customer service does not exist and you will wait forever to get your entire order.

From Guest, 10/1/2005  9:42 AM

Sam, if you know how to get it started I will be right behind you!!!!!! I will not buy another piece of furniture from them. My store credit is not helping me any. My sister wanted a table and chairs so you bought it on my store credit and guess what.....still not in and when it does come in I am sure it will be damaged too. I can not believe they are still in business here. Funny how David hasn't been back on....

From Sam, 10/1/2005  2:00 AM

Update, I have been dealing with ashley furniture only through the BBB. Last week I recieved a call stating they would refund the money for one of my beds. This did not include the nightstand that goes with it. We also received replacement drawers for my Armoir that had a split drawer. Both drawers were wrong. Most of the furniture we have is damaged. We still are waiting for more furniture. It has been 4 months. The BBB suggested I take legal action. Any lawyers out there up to it? From the sounds of it there may be a class action suit waiting to happen.

From Guest, 9/27/2005  8:28 PM

Scott, is this Ashley from Huntsville, AL???? The thing is the Customer Service Mgr. Sara Nelson is not longer employed there right after she gave me the store credit...what a joke that is.

From Scott, 9/26/2005  5:17 PM

They are terrible! I am currently waiting for my third dining room table. First one was cracked in half. Second one the slate did not fit into the openings so there is no top, rendering it useless. The drivers refused to take it back stating "it would cost me $231 in restocking fees," (even given the fact the table was not usable). To top it all off they wanted a beer before they would set up the table! I have now asked for a refund and filed a complaint with the BBB. I was also told there are no supervisors I can speak with. So far I have been waiting four months for a table Basically I threw away $770 DONT EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!

From Guest, 9/20/2005  4:06 PM

So from the way it sounds only David has had good luck with them. Funny....he probably works there. No if that was the case he would hate them too because I have not come across one employee even who has good things to say about them.

From Dana K, 9/20/2005  2:38 PM

I purchased $18,000 , yes 18 thousand dollars worth of furniture from the Mesa store. Its been three months. Same exact problem. We need to band together. I have not received my furniture. I've had to pay for hotel rooms for guests that were to stay in my home. I have no furniture in my house. Customer Service called to say my furniture would be in on September 1st so I had all the old furniture removed. I have had no furniture in my house for a month. The service I received from Ashley Furniture is unacceptable. Beware.

From Guest, 9/11/2005  2:11 PM

Thank you Sam for your comments. I hate knowing that you were treated the same way. I have finally gotten somewhat of a resolve but it didn't do me any good. The inspector that came out did tell Ashley that my furniture was definitely "DAMAGED" goods delivered that way and they have to replace. Of course I won't get my money back but I do have a "IN STORE CREDIT". What good that is going to do me. The only thing Ashley has going for them other than customers not finding out about their service and poor quality furniture until they sign on the line is the decorating items, ie vases, etc. I guess I will be buying a lot of vases, and rugs because I won't purchase another piece of furniture from them. Another thing is I am wondering if the people that posted on this forum that has had good luck was it from a Ashley store or the Ashley Home Store...seems that may make a difference. THey finally came yesterday to pick up the furniture and the guys told me that 99.9% of their stops are unhappy people with Ashley Furniture. That is so SAD. I figure they won't be in business too much longer with the way they treat people.

From Sam, 9/11/2005  1:05 AM

This information is for David and all else who see this post. This comes straight from the BBB on this one store, Ashley furniture in Glendale, AZ. Remember that only a small percentage of unsatisfied and cheated customers go through the trouble of contacting the BBB.

Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 36 Months: 402
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 12 months: 243

Complaints Concerned
Advertising Issues: 7
Outcome of all complaints -
Resolved: 7

Sales Issues: 21
Resolved: 14; Company made good faith effort to
Resolve: 7

Delivery Issues: 123
Resolved: 115; Delayed Resolution: 1; Company made good
faith effort to Resolve: 7

Repair or Service Issues: 48
Resolved: 39; Company made good faith effort to
Resolve: 9

Guarantee or Warranty Issues: 7
Resolved: 7

Product Quality Issues: 133
Resolved: 113; Company made good faith effort to
Resolve: 20

Refund or Exchange Issues: 21
Resolved: 19; Company made good faith effort to
Resolve: 2

Contract Issues: 5
Resolved: 5

Customer Service Issues: 24
Resolved: 22; Company made good faith effort to

Credit or Billing Issues: 13
Resolved: 11; Company made good faith effort to

From sam, 9/11/2005  12:49 AM

I am in the process of dealing with Ashley Furniture in Glendale, AZ through the B.B.B. They are liars and I am going to be sure the whole world knows about it. They lied outright to my wife about the items we bought. We bought nearly $6000 in furniture and it has now been three months and we still don't have it all. Nearly every piece we have recieved is damaged. Ashley furniture made a mistake in ordering our furniture so it is not supplier problems. They will not step up to the plate and resolve this situation. I started to deal with our problems through the store manager and then went to the corporate level with no avail until they recieved a letter from the BBB. My lawyer will be next. I gave Ashley furniture many chances to resolve the situation before getting this far with them and they ignored all atempts to the point of having my wife bawling while begging the manager to at least pay attention to her, manager's name is Tom. I was recently told that it will be at least another month before anyone even looks at the damaged furniture. I hope that none of you ever have to deal with the problems I have had with Ashley Furniture. We were warned by an upset customer as we purchased our items. We did not listen and now we are another of many Ashley Furniture victims.

From David, 8/20/2005  5:12 PM

The only thing that sounds ugly in all of this seems to be your attitude. Perhaps the Golden Rule should apply? Giving Ugly only GETS you ugly. You were even rude enough to post a forum trying to justify your problem. I think I'd give you the same treatment if I were their customer service!

From Guest, 8/18/2005  8:23 PM

I wish they were that nice to me. From day one they have been ugly. The technician showed up yesterday and he told me that 90% of his business is furniture from Ashley Furniture. That the furniture is definitely poor quality. He is even himself trying to get away from having to service the furniture. And to reply to David...I never expected something for nothing. I just expected the furniture to last longer than 6 months. If this had happened to you I don't think you would be sitting back doing nothing! I am sure you would be raising HELL. For those of you who say that you would continue shopping there you may want to contact the BBB...they have had over 100 complaints since they opened just a year ago...all for poor quality furniture and customer service!!!! Yes almost all of them have been settled which means they probably bought them off by giving them a gift certificate or something but I am sorry...it would take a lot more than that to make me happy. All I want is for them to take the damaged goods and give me my money back...The bedroom suite even though it took me 3 months to get the whole thing and my headboard has a knick in it...I am ok with that. But I can not excuse a sofa that was delivered to me with a broken spring. That is what the repair man said. He agreed with me that it was pathetic. I do believe that is why they are being such pains. They know what they did and they are afraid to admit it.

From JANET, 8/18/2005  6:04 PM

I had some damage to one of my items but they were more than happy to accommodate me. I picked up my merchandise and even though I should have been required to bring my item back to the warehouse, they were kind enough to send a technician to my home and take care of me. They went above and beyond to make sure I was happy. The ladies in customer service were pleasant and knowledgeable, I would recommend Ashley Furniture any day! The manager even gave me a $50 gift card for my troubles, she was most helpful and even though my items weren't perfect, they have my business for anything else I buy.

From Crystal, 8/16/2005  11:51 AM

I love my Ashley furniture!! You guys must have just had a rare incindent. The salespeople were fantastic, customer service was exceptional and I haven't had any trouble at all! I'm sure your issues will be handled accordingly. Whenever I had questions they always had an answer and were the most pleasant people I've ever dealt with.

From David, 8/16/2005  11:48 AM

I purchased an entire bedroom suite from them and my nightstand was damaged. Customer service was prompt and sent a service tech out to assess my damage right away. He was able to touch it up and it looks as good as new. I think that this is a major decision and if you are going to just take the salesman's word for it, you got what you deserved. Everyone wants something for nothing it seems huh?

From Laura, 8/7/2005  10:14 PM

We had the a problem with Ashley furniture of Huntsville also. We were sold a $3,000 matress that was suppose to have mechanics in it so it can be raised or lowered ect. We were told by the salesman that this price covered both the matress and the mechanics. When the matress was delivered to us it did not have the mechanics so we called them and asked that they please bring out the rest of our purchase. The salesman said he made a mistake. He THOUGHT the matress price included the mechanics but it didnt. I told him he could either honor what he told us or come pick up the matresses. He said the sale was final. WHAT?!?!? I asked to speak with the manager who also told me that I was "stuck" with the matresses. I threatened to get a lawyer and I also spoke with someone within the news media regarding the FRAUD that was taking place. The manager had a change of heart (after weeks of arguing back and forth) and decided the send someone out to pick up the matresses. After the entire ordeal was over I got a bill in the mail from the finanicial group that they work with for $3,000 for the matresses that I did not have. It took months and months of going back and forth with the store to get them to retract the bill. The entire ordeal was a disaster and I will NEVER buy furniture from them again.

From Alicia, 7/27/2005  10:34 PM

Excuse me Ginger but don't you think that the furniture should have lasted more than 6 months??? Hello! My husband and I are not even home more than 2 before bed time and we are not even in the house that long so this furniture should have last us years! And for your statement about the warranty...I bought that and I have called them. It doesn't cover broken springs! So what this means is they would fix the tear but it won't fix the problem!!!!!

From Ginger, 7/27/2005  3:40 PM

This merchandise is mass produced, that is no secret, it is not heirloom and it's not meant to last forever, which is why they offer a warranty plan. This is for replacement of damaged merchandise if it wears out. You also have to be smart enough to realize that when you buy merchandise at such a low dollar amount IT'S NOT GOING TO LAST!!! Threatening the company with small claims court isn't going to scare them! Most companies have a sales agreement that you have to sign which protects them from this sort of thing. The bottom line is to use your brain when you buy furniture and realize that you get what you pay for! If you wanted merchandise that would last for years, you should have paid for merchandise that would last for years!!

From Guest, 7/21/2005  3:08 PM

Sometimes retailers have institutional problems, but other times the problems are the result of other internal or employee issues. First you should go up the corporate ladder to the store manager. Then you should put all of your correspondence in writing (keep copies, take pictures). Be patient, but persistent. If this doesn't work, threaten to take them to small claims court. It is a pain in the neck for a retailer to go to court and courts often side with consumers. -Russell