Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

High Point Bending &Chair Co. Info.

I am trying to find out any information on the High Point Bending & Chair Co. that was located in Siler NC. I have 6 Hichcock style chairs, pattern 223, Mahogany, that were made by them and am trying to find out their approximate age. The company possibly went out of business in the late 50s.

Posted By Dick Thomps0n, 8/2/2004

Login to Reply to this Topic

Replies

From deanart02, 3/7/2015  12:46 PM

Hi

I have a High Point Bending and Chair Company of Siler City,NC

This is in excellent original condition with excellent rush seat.

The label shows Model 263AR, it appears to be mahogany.

Could someone tell me what the chair may be worth

Thanks

Dean

deanart02@graceba.net

From jsmithnc06, 4/18/2014  7:28 PM

We have 5 dining chairs (Hitchcock style) made by the High Point Bending and Chair Company in Siler City.  Pattern # and finish are not visible on th label.   I believe that the finish is either cherry or mahogany.  4 of the chsirs are in good condition.  2 of these need some re gluing on the top of the chair bach.   The 5th chair has a partisl break on one side of the back.   We also have one armchair in this set.  I would like some idea of the value if these chairs and would consider selling the set or just the dining chairs.

From Bob72319, 11/11/2013  10:29 AM

I have two of their chairs, one is a swivel pattern 6710....I suspect it's one of the later models, because the tag reads "Boling Chair Company".  So based upon the info you got from the historical society it must have been made after 1956 when they changed from "High Point" to "Boling Chair"...

I saw the pics of the 6700 you were restoring.  The 6710 looks exactly the same, except mine's in way better condition.  The mate is a straight back Boling Chair Company Pattern 6711.

From Dick Thomps0n, 8/15/2011  9:06 PM

Apparently this site has a program that deletes inappropriate posts - which is great - however it deleted my description of the style of chair. It is not a "hitchdeleted" style, but rather a hitchc**k style chair, or maybe I can type it this way: Hitchcok. Hopefully you get the idea!

From Dick Thomps0n, 8/15/2011  9:03 PM

I have couple of these chairs and am looking to complete the set. They are a hitchdeleted style chair with a rush seat. The bottom has a tag that says the following:

Boling Chair Co.
Craftique
Mellowax 977
#264R

kyleandelizabeth@yahoo.com

From Dick Thomps0n, 8/10/2011  12:30 AM

Çäðàâñòâóéòå!
Âàñ ïðèâåòñòâóåò èíòåðíåò-ìàãàçèí "Êëåîïàòðà-øîï"!
Ìû ðàäû ñîîáùèòü Âàì, ÷òî çàïóñòèëè íîâóþ àêöèþ!
Ïðè çàêàçå êîñìåòèêè "Ìèððà" íà ñóììó áîëåå 3000 ðóáëåé - ïðåäîñòàâëÿåòñÿ ñêèäêà 10%!!!
Ñïåøèòå, àêöèÿ äåéñòâóåò äî 31 àâãóñòà 2011 ãîäà.

Ñ Óâàæåíèåì Êëåîïàòðà-øîï.

From Dick Thomps0n, 7/15/2011  3:51 PM

Hi all,

I found the following information on the 'net while researching my own chair...

"After contacting the Chatham, North Carolina Historical Society I received the following information about the High Point Bending and Chair Company: The High Point Bending and Chair Company operated from 1904-1956 when it became the Boling Chair Company, later just the Boling Company. That company is now out of business. The company began in 1901 as the Siler City Bending Company. It made parts for house-drawn vehicles. An investor was M.J. Boling and in 1904 he rescued the failing company reorganizing it into the High Point Bending and Chair Company. In addition to the chair-making plant in Siler City it built a plant in Mount Olive NC to make desks, tables and bookcases, mostly for office use. It was still operating in 1987 when the booklet from which I have taken this information was published and it continued to be owned and operated by the Boling family. I'm not sure when it closed.”

From s. chesak, 5/13/2011  9:46 PM

worth of high point bending chair pattern 3 5505 finish oak

From s. chesak, 5/13/2011  9:33 PM

worth of chair

From Richard, 5/4/2011  2:26 PM

the tag under the chair says:
Manufacture by
Hight Point Bending and chair Company
Siler City, N.C.
PATTERN NO. 7112
FINISH- WALNET
look like a office type chair, has casters,rocks back, swilvel, & hand adj. for tention.

From Jedmon, 4/24/2011  2:37 PM

I am interested in adding an arm chair to a set of Boling Chair Company, Siler City, N.C. #264-R, #24 Cherry, Henkle Harris listed, chairs.

Thank you for any information about how I might be able to do it.

From Joe Wilder, 2/22/2011  1:06 PM

Hi,
I just purchased 6 Boling Chairs, Pattern # 150, finished in Dark Oak with the number 318 stamped on the tag. GREAT shape and very comfortable so my apperciation goes out to the company and its past workers. Any ideas as to the age?
Joe

From Romankeiler, 2/15/2011  1:17 AM

Spiegel-Online auf Satire reingefallen

Der Inhaber der Premium-Wodka-Marke Iordanov Vodka (Niko Jordanov) versteht sich als Mann der Satire
und legt Spiegel-Online rein. Der Journalist hat geglaubt, dass es einen Blocktarif zu 129,- Euro pro Anruf
gibt und hat prompt berichtet, Niko Iordanov gibt Arschbombentipps (Wasserspringen) zu 129,- Euro
pro Anruf.

Christoph Titz schrieb das aber keinesfalls in einer netten Form sondern so, um Niko Iordanov
zu diskreditieren und als Abzocker darzustellen.

Eine peinliche Panne die zeigt, dass es der Spiegel mit der journalisitischen Recherchepflicht nicht mehr ernst nimmt
nur um Leser zu gewinnen.

Nun muss jeder aufpassen, wenn er eine satirische Webseite online stellt, dass er von Spiegel-Online nicht
diskreditiert wird. Der Spiegel greift Satire auf und berichtet diese als wahre Tatsache. Es scheinen dem Magazin
die Themen ausgegangen zu sein.

Der Spiegel verkommt somit zu einem Blatt auf Niveau des Boulevardjournalismus. Peinlich, oder?

Was denkt Ihr?

Tommy

From flooreigo, 1/17/2011  8:12 AM

Nebenjob im Home-Office Bereich zu vergeben!

Knick-Verkauf sucht Verstärkung für das Jahr 2011! Wir suchen ab sofort zuverlässige, teamfähige, unternehmensorientierte Mitarbeiter im Home-Office Bereich, die uns im Verkauf unserer Waren unterstützen.

Wir bieten freie Zeiteinteilung + Bezahlung auf Provisionsbasis!

Sie erfüllen die Voraussetzungen und verfügen über einen Internetanschluss und Erfahrung im Verkauf von Waren im Internet?

Dann bewerben Sie sich jetzt unter: support@knick-verkauf.de (Ansprechpartner: Frau Weber)

From kathy, 11/21/2010  9:59 AM

I have 2 side chairs style 264-R in a pine finish. I am in Dallas Texas area if anyone wants to make an offer.

From Anjelica, 10/22/2010  1:50 AM

I just purchased 10 Boling chairs, 2 caps and 10 sides. The caps cane have been damaged, any ideas on how to properly repair?

Thank u

From DeAnn Gumbert, 10/18/2010  2:23 PM

I just recently acquired 3 Boling Chair Company Chairs. Two are (I guess from reading here) I would describe as jury chairs with curved wood arms that give it an art deco look. I also have 1 desk chair that swivels and rocks. They look like they are maple. They are in pristine condition. They are a sage green. The numbers and tags are on all the chairs. 67979 patton 9111 and 67980 78393 patton 9110. I would love to sell them if anyone is interested. Any questions please fell free to email me. deanngumbert@msn.com

From Darris, 10/13/2010  9:32 AM

I have a High Point Bending Co. chair model 7111. I am looking to buy at least one more of this model. I would also be interested in the model 7112 which I believe does not have arms. Any info would be appreciated, please email me at darrism1@yahoo.com.

From Gernhaber, 10/13/2010  4:11 AM

Satiriker Niko Iordanov legt Spiegel-Online rein. Spiegel spielt schlechten Verlierer
Spiegel-Online auf Niko Iordanov 0900-Arschbombe reingefallen

Was soll ich dazu sagen? Hat sich Christoph Titz von Spiegel-Online verarschen lassen! Er glaubte wirklich,
dass Niko Iordanov eine 0900-Nummer f. Arschbomben angemietet hat. Dabei bemerkte er nicht, dass
es gar keinen Blocktarif zu 129,- pro Anruf gibt bzw. gebern kann. Total daneben. ( www.kunstspringen.de )

Nun aber der Skandal: Obwohl Spiegel-Online die Satire bekannt geworden ist und das Landgericht Hamburg
dem Spiegel die Verbreitung des Artikels verboten hat nimmt der Spiegel den verleumderischen Artikel nicht aus dem Netz.

Wieso hat der Spiegel so etwas notwendig? Erst auf Satire reinfallen und dann noch die Satire
als wahr berichten. Schweinerei! So geht man nicht mit den Menschen um, oder was meint Ihr?

Der Gernhaber

From linda, 9/30/2010  2:54 PM

I have a Wicker chair made by High Point Bending Co. The color is a muted light green. Needs a new seat. Can anyone tell me about this chair? I believe the small wicker lamp came from there too. One of my Great Aunts owned it first and then it was past on to me. Would love to hear the history and if anyone is collecting these Wicker chairs.

Linda

From Tom, 9/26/2010  10:33 PM

Boling Chairs 264-r Mahogany Chairs. My email is tlannon@natlexpo.com

From Tom, 9/26/2010  10:22 PM

I'm looking to buy Boling 264-r Mahogany chairs. Trying to complete a dining room set I received from my Parents. Please let me know if you are willing to sell.

From Ginger, 9/16/2010  4:32 PM

I have a chair with the tag still on the bottom. It's from the Boling Chair Company, pattern 7111, walnut finish. It's in great shape although the arms and edge of the seat show some wear. This is an incredibly solid chair! It reminds me of the old teacher's desk chairs from when I was in elementary school. Anyone know what year it was made and what it might be worth? I may be interested in selling. You can email me at mdrntheory@yahoo.com.
Thanks!

From jack, 8/26/2010  12:16 PM

I have what I think is a High Point captains chair. On the under side it has one spring approx. 4.5 inches long, 5 turns on the spring and the spring material is about 1/4" thick. The spring broke and in need of another. Any one know where to get one.

Tks
Jack

From JKH, 8/24/2010  10:33 AM

I have 10 very SOLID matching Boling chairs - tavern style - Pattern #150 - Finish #1 Pine. $100 each or best offer.
Thanks!
-JKH
keeseyh(at)gmail(dot)com
pictures upon request

From Ridk, 8/22/2010  1:52 PM

I have a Highpoint Bending and Chair Co model 7102 light oak in great condition it rolls swivels and rocks. Does anyone know how old it is? Is it valuable?   

From Carolyn, 8/22/2010  2:05 AM

I have a model 150 with tag, in light oak finish, structurally *excellent* as is characteristic of this line, with mild cosmetic issues (staining on one arm). If interested, please reply here.

From Eddie Keramas, 8/17/2010  12:27 PM

I have a office chair walnut pattern   no. 6710-ms walnut. from High point bending chair co.silver city N.C.It has brass casters and reclining swiveling features in fair condition.Anyone intrested in purchasing this chair
ekeramastr6@GMAIL.COM Eddie

From Robin, 8/6/2010  1:46 AM

I was wondering if this company made slipper chairs?

From James, 8/3/2010  12:36 PM

Frank, I am interested in your rolling chair (Model 7110). Are you still selling?

From denis, 7/30/2010  12:24 PM

have come across several old and somewhat used boling chairs # 6713, still in fair to good conditon, no labels on bottoms. anyone interested in buying them?

From coffeeatea, 7/29/2010  12:42 PM

Are you looking for coffee gifts? We can tell you more about the coffee gifts including coffee machines and coffee pods.

From marline, 7/7/2010  3:17 PM

i have two boling chair with tag.siler 27344
patter #222
finish cherry woodon harwood.
please if anyone has imfortion :are old they are
let me nwok

From Frank, 6/17/2010  5:28 PM

I have a rolling desk chair Model 7110 mfrd by Boling Chair Company. Finish is Walnut. Good condition. Would like to sell. If interested, I guess you can post here.

From cspran, 5/25/2010  1:42 PM

We currently have 6 Boling Tavern/Captain chairs, style #150. They are in excellent condition and would like to sell them but do not know their worth. Anyone know something about them or what we could sell them for which would be a fair market price?

From Miese Recherche, 5/10/2010  3:49 PM

Neue Masche bei Spiegel-Online: Satire als wahr berichten. Der Spiegel geht neue Wege.

Christoph Titz von Spiegel-Online hat eine neue Masche erfunden: Im Netz nach Satire-Seiten suchen und
diese als wahr berichten.

Hier findet Titz Unmengen Material, was er schreiben kann. Eine weitere Recherche scheint nicht notwendig.

Beispiel: Kaufmann Niko Iordanov bot Arschbomben-Tipps zu 129,- Euro pro Anruf an. Das ganze mit
einer 4-stelligen nicht existenten 0900-Nummer. Diese unbekannte Seite, die nur an Niko Iordanov Kumpels
gerichtet war und eine sarkastische Parodie auf die teuren Mehrwertdienstenummern sein sollte griff
Spiegel-Online Christoph Titz auf um eine Sensationsnachricht daraus zu machen.

Dass Christoph Titz dabei seine Recherchepflicht ignoriert interessiert den Spiegel nicht mehr, da dringend
Themen gesucht werden. Das Nachrichtenblatt verkommt zu einem lachhaften Magazin und sollte bald in
Mad-Spiegel umbenannt werden.

Und wenn Christoph Titz gar nicht mehr weiss, was er schreiben soll beschwert er sich, dass andere
Magazine Satire nicht erkennen. Peinlicher kann man sich nicht verhalten. Grundschlechter Journalismus
den Christoph Titz betreibt.

Ich habe die ganzen Geschichten mitgelesen und finde es tragisch, was Christoph Titz sich geleistet hat.
Ich werde einen Zeichner beauftragen der Christoph Titz malt ... der Hintern wird eine Arschbombe sein mit
dem Text, "Auf Niko Iordanovs Arschbombe reingefallen". Mit dem Spiegel kann er sich dann seinen Arsch
abputzen.

Christoph Titz macht sich sogar noch lustig, dass jemand zu Unschuld strafrechtlich verfolgt wurde, auch
ohne zu recherchieren. Christoph Titz nimmt sich der Meinung eines durchgeknallten Staatsanwalts an und
zeigt, dass er gar nicht daran denkt zu recherchieren. Das ist schlampiger Journalismus, den der Spiegel
bisher vermieden hat. Durch neues Personal wie Christoph Titz sinkt der Spiegel auf unterstes Niveau.

Um noch mehr Satire im Internet zu finden hat es Christoph Titz nicht weit:
Der Spiegel selbst berichtet, dass Neandertaler (deleted) mit modernen Menschen hatten. Hier weiss man nicht, ob
die Bezeichnung Satire @ Spiegel nur zur Tarnung vorgeschoben ist, obwohl sich der Spiegel des Wahrheitsgehalts
der Meldung sicher ist. Spiegel-Online fragt sogar in einer Umfrage, wer schon (deleted) mit Neandertalern hatte.

Chrstoph Titz, schreiben Sie!

From frankie baxley, 3/30/2010  10:34 PM

mike g mayhave same stylechairs i am interested in buy the 4 chairs at a good price if they are a match please fax or send priture fax 910 862 7212 or picture to 910 874 1201. thank you frankie baxley.

From Jess Mayers, 3/28/2010  7:53 PM

I have two High Point Bending & Chair Co. Captain's Chairs, Pattern #6710. They 'swivel', with the original brass casters. I picked them up from the Defense Language Institute, Presidio of Monterey, California, back in the mid-1980's when several World War 2-era buildings at the facility were undergoing extensive renovation.   I was told that these two chairs had been in the commandant's office at the base during World War 2, most likely used by the Officers in charge. They have the original High Point paper tags in place. I have no idea what they are worth but am forced to sell them (I no longer have any room for them). They're both in good condition. Can anybody give me a rough idea of what they're worth or who may be interested in them? I'll put them on EBay if necessary but I'm very curious to see if there's a collector or antique store who would appreciate these chairs. Many thanks in advance - Jess Mayers    Orpheusrocker21@yahoo.com

From wainwright, 3/12/2010  3:41 PM

I have High Point Bending and Chair Co. of Siler NC chairs #6700 (executive, armed)in softtone oak, and #6702 (secretary) in light oak

. Both are in original finish, excellent condition; paper tags still in place. Paid $35 for one and $15 for the other. They are not for sale; the go extremely well with my 5-leg oak library table from 1895.

From tom bell, 3/9/2010  11:49 PM

chairs 222-R   my email is Thomesebell@hotmail. com   I'm in southeaster georgia near Savannah

From tom bell, 3/9/2010  11:46 PM

I have 8 boling chair company side chairs pattern # 222-R finished in salem maple the cainning is in very good condition the finish is also very nice would be interested in selling them if i get a good offer. I can send pictures to anyone interested

From marie, 2/28/2010  11:25 AM

I have a chair manufactured by the Boling Chair Company chair pattern 9111 (original tag). Does anyone know the age of this chair?

From MikeG, 2/19/2010  10:54 AM

I have a set of four ladderback, rush seat, Boling Chair Company chairs pattern 278, salem maple stain on hardwood. I would like to know value and age of chairs. They are beautiful in great condition. I purchased with a massive round table, with barrel slat type pedestal base on casters which has 3 additional leaves. I bought as a set, but did Boling Chair make this type of table? It looks more like an Oak finish than maple. Any help appreciated. Willing to sell the set at good price.

From Robert Tabler, 2/9/2010  3:52 PM

E-mail address: theolcaner@verizon.net

From Robert Tabler, 2/9/2010  3:49 PM

I am looking for a chair made by the Boling Chair Company. Pattern # 264-R, Finish-Mahogany. If anyone has any information please contact me at the e-mail address listed.

From Casa Art Holding, 2/9/2010  12:58 PM

Gute Erfahrungen gemacht:

Casa-Art Holding GmbH

Immobilieninvestitionen als krisensichere Form der Altersvorsorge liegen in diesem Jahr weiterhin im Trend.
Die Casa Art Holding GmbH reagiert auf die starke Nachfrage nach der „Rente in Stein“ mit der Vermittlung
sanierter Wohngebäude in bevorzugten Lagen im Rhein-Main-Gebiet. Rund 300 Neukunden pro Jahr lassen
sich von den vielfältigen Angeboten der Casa Art Holding GmbH überzeugen.

Aktuelle Studien beweisen es: Nicht einmal 20 Prozent der deutschen Bevölkerung besitzen eine Immobilie – der Rest wohnt zur Miete. Dabei kann das Immobilieneigentum nach Erfahrung der Casa Art Holding GmbH eine sichere Form der Altersvorsorge sein. Wer im Alter mietfrei wohnen oder zusätzlich zur Rente von Mieteinnahmen aus einer Immobilie profitieren kann, der braucht sich der Casa Art Holding GmbH zufolge um die Versorgungslücke, die in nicht wenigen Fällen mit dem Eintritt in den Ruhestand entsteht, keine Gedanken zu machen. Wer sich schon in jungen Jahren für den Kauf einer Immobilie entscheidet, die er selbst bewohnt, und es schafft, diese Immobilie bis zum Eintritt in den Ruhestand abzubezahlen, der spart im Alter das Geld für die Miete und die Belastungen für das Eigentum fallen auch weg. Allein dadurch kann die Versorgungslücke nach Auffassung der Casa Art Holding GmbH zum größten Teil geschlossen werden.

Wichtig ist aus Sicht der Casa Art Holding GmbH allerdings, dass vor dem Kauf einer Immobilie einige entscheidende Punkte beachtet werden. Dazu gehören die Lage des Objektes, der Zustand sowie alle Fragen, die die Finanzierung und die damit verbundenen Zusatzkosten betreffen. Oberste Priorität muss dabei nach Ansicht der Casa Art Holding GmbH sein, dass die Immobilie vor Eintritt in den Ruhestand vollständig abbezahlt ist, sodass nur noch Rücklagen für die Instandhaltung gebildet werden müssen.

Die Casa Art Holding GmbH hat die Wertanlageform „Rente in Stein“ schon seit 2001 verinnerlicht und sich auf das Refurbishment und die Vermarktung hochwertiger Bestandsimmobilien spezialisiert. Dabei hat die Casa Art Holding GmbH sich auf die Projektierung von Mehrfamilienhäusern konzentriert. Der Schwerpunkt liegt auf Gründerzeithäusern und Wohnensembles der sechziger und siebziger Jahre, doch auch attraktive Neubauten finden Berücksichtigung. Die Casa Art Holding GmbH strukturiert den Verkauf der Wohnungen dabei in drei verschiedene Geschäftsfelder und Zielgruppen: Verkauf an Mieter (Mieterprivatisierung), Verkauf vermieteter Wohnungen an Kapitalanleger sowie Verkauf freistehender Wohnungen an Eigennutzer. Vermarktet werden nur Immobilien in guten und sehr guten Lagen im gesamten Rhein-Main-Gebiet. Die Casa Art Holding GmbH sieht sich angesichts von rund 300 zufriedenen Neukunden pro Jahr mit ihrem Geschäftskonzept für die Zukunft gut positioniert und bewertet den Immobilienbesitz als eine auch in den kommenden Jahren krisensichere und ertragreiche Ergänzung der Altersvorsorge.

Über die Casa Art Holding GmbH

Die Casa Art Holding GmbH ist ein 2001 gegründetes Unternehmen, das sich auf die Vermarktung hochwertiger Bestandsimmobilien spezialisiert hat. Dabei hat sich die Casa Art Holding GmbH auf die Projektierung von Mehrfamilienhäusern konzentriert. Der Schwerpunkt liegt auf Gründerzeithäusern und Wohnensembles der sechziger und siebziger Jahre bis hin zu attraktiven Neubauten, die an Mieter, Kapitalanleger und Eigennutzer verkauft werden. Das Hauptgeschäftsfeld der Casa Art Holding GmbH liegt im Refurbishment von Bestandsimmobilien, d. h. in der Fortentwicklung und der Modernisierung von Wohnraum. Dabei vermarktet die Casa Art Holding GmbH nur in guten und sehr guten Lagen des Rhein-Main-Gebietes. Des Weiteren projektiert die Casa Art Holding GmbH auch deutschlandweit Bestandsimmobilien mit außergewöhnlichem Renditepotential, prüft Mikro- und Makrostandort der jeweiligen Immobilie und erarbeitet passgenaue Sanierungskonzepte. Sitz der Casa Art Holding GmbH ist Wiesbaden.

Jemand noch weitere Info? Bitte posten.

Tom

From Pete, 1/29/2010  5:43 PM

For many years, before I retired, I was a manufacture rep in the furniture industry and was at the High Point Market from two to four times a year.
     During that time, Boling Chair Company had a space which was manned by a wonderful gentleman named Tom Moore who lived in Richmond VA.
     As has been mentioned, Boling Chair Company was a wonderful company that made very good valued products. They were not expensive but really a very good product for the price.
     I have used six (6) of their #264, Finish Black D and would be interested in having up to four (4) of the same or similar styles.
     I can be contacted at pjsizemore@aol.com

From Paul, 1/18/2010  8:33 PM

I have a table and set of 4 matching chairs for sale from the Boling Chair Company, Siler City NC. Chairs are model # 150 and the finish is "Salem's Maple". Send e-mail to m2mtnbike@comcast.net for pictures. Items are located in the Philadelphia suburbs.

From Deborah, 1/12/2010  7:05 PM

Looking for all wood Boling office chair, Model 6713. Probably in Walnut. This is mid-century looking with a sculpted seat and a gently curved back. I'd also be interested in a similar model with arms. Please email if you have similar for sale. dselford@msn.com

Thanks!!

From Al, 1/2/2010  11:31 AM

I too have a "Boling Chair Company" of Siler, NC Walnut Rocking Chair purchased around 1970. It is a Model No. 471. Considering the workmanship of this chair, which has survived 35 yrs of Army contracted moving companies, it is a shame the company suffered the fate of so many American family-based companies. Because of what it represents I have decided that it will be kept in the family.          ;           ;           ;           ;           ; Note to Howard[13Dec09] keep the chairs! In a way they are a part of what American business used to be, before Wharton,Harvard and Wall Street turned the American Worker in a smudge on a balance sheet.Show your heirs that in the early 20th century American's made more than excuses.

From Howard, 12/13/2009  2:21 PM

I have 4 black chairs marked boiling Chair co. #150. I understand they were made in 1956 but cannot find any more information on the company or the chairs. These have gold toned eagles painted on the back. Not sure what to do with them, any ideas?

From Susan Luneburg, 12/10/2009  8:33 PM

I have a High Point Bending and Chair Co. rolling,swiveling desk chair. It is marked Pattern 7110, Walnut finish. The metal fixture which controls the reclining and swiveling features is in need of repair. Has anyone had success repairing these mocels? Would appreciate any feedback you have. Thanks much. threelunecats@aol.com

From Annie, 12/9/2009  4:34 AM

I have two High Point Bending and Chair Co. model #264-R Hitchcock style chairs with a black finish. One still has original label on bottom of seat. Both chairs are in fair condition; paint shows wear from normal use; both chairs, have the original rush seats, but both will need some repair to rushing. All offers considered. Located in Prescott, AZ.

annielucyw@yahoo.com

From Glastone Clapp, 11/30/2009  4:04 PM

The Boling Company was founded by Malvola Jackson Boling in the early 1900s. After his death, it was run primarly by his son and son-in-law, Mr. F. Jackson Boling and Mr. K.G. Clapp respectively, both of Siler City. These 2 businessmen managed a company that produced quality wood furniture and consistently turned a profit even in difficult times. After the death of F. Jackson Boling in 1967, the operations of the company fell to his son, F. Jackson Boling Jr. He succumbed to his own greed and lack of business expertise and, with the help of one of his cronies, Ben Foust, ran the company into the ground. Those 2 men used the company as their own private cash cow and acted only with regard for their best interest. Both were run out of office by the shareholders in the mid-80s. They then attempted a turnaround but the damage was too widespread and bankruptcy loomed. The assets of the company were sold in the early 90s and the new owners attempted to continue operations for a time, but they too failed.

From Emion-GmbH-Abzocke, 11/26/2009  10:30 PM

Suma-Group Emion Interaktive Medien GmbH nutzlose Suchmaschinenoptimierung

Hallo,

nachdem ich auf die Sumagroup reingefallen bin und zur Kasse gebeten wurde will ich
andere vor Emion Interaktive Medien warnen. Lest Euch die Unterlagen genau durch! Wer unterschreibt
verpflichtet sich zu zahlen auch wenn es keine Google-Ergebnisse gibt. Nicht mal bei Yahoo
gibt es gute Ergebnisse. Das kann ich ja selbst besser. Alles nur Versprechungen am Telefon.

Ich habe nur schlechte Erfahrungen gemacht. Sucht Euch einen Optimierer mit Garantie oder
macht es selber. Stichwort: "Webseite selbst optimieren".

Mit Emion GmbH bin ich fertig! Die Suma-Group braucht mich nicht mehr anzurufen.

Wer hat auch schlechte Erfahrungen mit Suma-Group gemacht?

From Patricia Noble, 10/3/2009  11:31 PM

I have a High Point chair number 264R.   It is in fair to good condition, I'm located in Hazard KY, should anyone need this to finish a set let me know. All offers welcome.   Thank You

From jeff, 10/2/2009  1:26 PM

my email is: tnt.retro@yahoo.com   :for above post

From jeff, 10/2/2009  1:24 PM

any info for the "Research Series (Patent Pending) working conversation reading" ? i bought a rolling / recling office chair and matching foot stool with plaid tweed upholstry and black leather head rest and arms...very danish modern design. there were 2 numbers on each piece: chair No. 2214 in larger red print & NO. 5040 smaller letters, stool is No. 2368 & NO. 5017.
oil walnut finish with RW-black & TR-58 uph.

thanks for any info! jeff

From mel, 9/30/2009  7:50 PM

I have a highpoint bending and chair model 6711 in excellent condition. Does any one know its value. thanks

From Lydia, 9/7/2009  12:37 AM

I am looking for 4 more High Point Bending and Chair Co. chairs pattern 264-R.

From Audrey Manning, 8/25/2009  4:20 PM

I own 6 chairs manufactured by Boling Chair Company, Silar City, NC. I aquired them from an antique store in Southport, NC a little over seven years ago. There are (2) arm chairs pattern 223, and (4) side chairs matching pattern 222. They are ladder back design painted in a Hitch(deleted) style, black with gold accents. They have original rush seats and all seats are in mint condition. There are a few minor chips in paint finish at bottom of chair legs on just a few of the chairs. I am looking to sell, contact me if interested anancemanning@yahoo.com, located in Charleston, SC.

From Roger B, 8/19/2009  9:03 PM

I have 12 chairs, pattern No 5515, made by the High Point Bending & Chair Co located in Siler City NC with walnut finish. I would like to sell. If interested e-mail me at silva45@bellsouth.net. Located near Columbia SC

From Katherine, 8/18/2009  9:37 PM

There was a message posted here which read:
I , have received 10 chairs maunfactrured by High Point Bending and Chair Co. Siler City, N.C. pattern No 263-R chair Finish ---Mahogany. Can any one tell me what the chair is . Could it be conference room chairs
Thanks Connie

Connie I just want you to know that my sister owns the exact same chairs along with a dropped leaf gate table which was purchased at the same and location in the early 40's. The chairs and table have always been utilized as a dining room set.

Kathy

From Debbie, 8/14/2009  4:30 PM

Hi,

I have 5 matching Boling Chairs, pattern 7111, walnut finish if anyone is interested in making an offer. Thanks! debl_222@yahoo.com

From denise, 8/14/2009  4:01 PM

i just bought a highpoint bending chair co chair a office chair patteren # 7100 can any one tell me anything about it

From Neil Hever, 8/10/2009  6:28 PM

I have five Boling chair company office chairs that look to be from '56-'63. They are bent back chairs with green upholstery on the seat and back. The tags are intact but regrettably they do not contain any model or style information. I've searched the web and can't locate anything remotely similar. Wondering where to look for more info on these. Neil

From Mar, 8/1/2009  8:48 PM

I have a chair, paper on bottom states: Sikes Chair Company, Buffalo, New York. The pattern is 1349 and inked beside it is "1/2 F".

The wood is in very good condition. However, it was reed or cane or some material on seat that has been cut away (no damage to wood).

If anyone is interested in this, please let me know. I want to get rid of it. I have too much junk and not ambitious enough for e-bay...

Thank you.
Mar

From Robert, 7/15/2009  4:04 PM

I am looking for one or several Boling Chair Company, pattern #150 chairs, dark oak, to complete a set. If available, please e-mail.

From Robin, 7/3/2009  11:18 AM

I have 8 matching Boling Chair Company pattern #150, tags at base of chairs says dark oak finish. How/where should I go about selling these?

From Arlene Caddell, 6/19/2009  11:17 AM

I have (6) tavern chairs made by thye Boling Company, Pattern #150 oak. If interested please email

From Karen, 6/14/2009  12:12 AM

Please pardon the convoluted story. In the 1950s in North Carolina, My parents bought a beautiful wooden rocker, which I inherited and which was stolen from me in Raleigh, N.C. in 1995. I remember the rocker had a piece of paper with the name of a city (I remembered it as Lexington) stapled under the seat.

Today in a Salvation Army here in Raleigh, I found a chair that was so similar that I bought it immediately, even though it wasn't quite as large or heavy as I remember my old chair. The paper tag on the bottom of this chair says Boling Chair Company, Siler City, pattern 417. This info led me to this forum.

A comparison to an old photo shows that this isn't my original chair, but it's obviously made by the same company, and I now believe the tag on the bottom of my old chair must have said "High Point" rather than "Lexington."

If anyone out there purchased a High Point furniture company rocker with the tag under the seat in Raleigh in 1995, or if you think you might have this chair now, PLEASE contact me. I would love to get this chair back, and I'm willing to pay. I'm at mannsworld (at) gmail (dot) com. I can provide photos of both chairs.

From AMY, 5/18/2009  4:23 PM

I HAVE FIVE 264R HIGHPOINT BENDING AND CHAIR COMPANY CHAIRS IN WALNUT..EXCELLENT CONDITION... WOULD BE PLEASES TO RECEIVE OFFER FOR THE LOT.

LOCATED IN CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA.
EMAIL userfl2587@comcast.net
pictures available

From CHARLIE, 5/18/2009  4:17 PM

I have five 264R chairs in walnut with ratan bottoms in excellent condition. Have the original Highpoint Bending and Chair Company label on the bottom. Would be interest in offers. Please send to email address userfl2587@comcast.net. Pictures available.

Locatate in Charlottesville, Va.

From tlbradley, 5/1/2009  1:05 PM

This is an update on my reply n 4/6/2009 above. I have 5 side chairs and 1 matching captains chair which according to the tag were manufactured by the Boling Chair Company in Silver City, NC. The Pattern is # 222-R and the finish is Von Canon Rembrandt. The chairs were purchased by my mother in-law in 1960. The chairs are high backed and have a "ladders" design with four rungs.   The rungs look like small waves with the high point of the wave in the middle of the back.   They have rush seats and are in good condition. The chairs are valued at $100 - $150 each. We want to sell the chairs as a set of six.

From Missy, 4/24/2009  2:44 PM

I was just given a gift by my stepmom of eight ladderback, walnut chairs manufactured by Boling. The "ladders" design bends slightly up in the middle and the finials are of a tapered, conical design. They have rush seats, are in excellent condition. One is a "captains" chair with arms, 7 are side chairs. I am looking to purchase more of the chairs with arms as they have a bigger seat and are more comfortable. Again, they are in beautiful condition as they have graced her dining room since the 1980s. Would anyone have any of the arm chairs for sale or maybe to swap for the side chairs plus? Thank you for responding.
Missy

From Lano, 4/15/2009  12:55 AM

I have a walnut banker/courthouse/jury style chair made by the Sikes Company. The wooden arms have curves that give it a Deco look. Has a leather front with two (2) significant cracks in the leather; apparent wear/tear. The back, however, is covered in red leather and is in perfect condition. The brass nails are all intact on both leathers. How do I determine the value considering its damage? Should I get it repaired?

From TLBRADLEY, 4/6/2009  12:48 AM

I have 6 Hitch(deleted) chairs (5 side chairs and 1 matching are chair) which according to the tag were manufactured by the Boling Chair Company in Silver City, NC. The Pattern is # 222-R and the finish is Von Canon Rembrandt. The chairs were purchased by my mother in-law in 1960. The seats are caned, they are high backed with four curved (the curves look like waves) pieces of wood for the backing. Would anyone know an approximate value of the chairs?

From lillie, 4/2/2009  5:01 PM

My husband bought to chairs at an auction, one has a tag with High Point Bending and Chair Company on it. It also says it is pattern 222-R and finish Mahogany. The rush seats are in bad condition, but I can replace them. Does anyone know the age of these chairs.

From Barbara Ann, 3/30/2009  2:40 PM

Thank you to c. walls and Faith Ann for the history they shared about the High Point Bending and Chair Company. My husband and I just acquired 6 chairs (Pattern #5505; Finish - light oak) that belonged to his grandparents from Valley City, North Dakota. The chairs and round oak table (imprinted "Martin Sondahl, Valley City, ND) have traveled to Seattle, WA, Mesa, AZ, and back again to North Dakota. It will be very interesting to see if we can restore the table and chairs to their original beauty. We believe this dining room set was purchased from Martin Sondahl's furniture store in Valley City, ND, in the early 1900s.

From Naomi, 3/29/2009  1:49 PM

I got a chair with a tag on the back (brass?) that says "BOEING BAC 80818" and a tag underneath that says, "Manufactured by High Poing Bending & Chair Co., Siler City, NC, Pattern No. 7100-MS Chair, Finish Light Oak."
Anyone know what this maybe worth?

From Andy, 2/3/2009  1:56 AM

I grew up in Siler City in the 1960s. I went to school with members of the Boling family. Nice people. My parents still own Boling chairs bought in the early 60s.
The Boling furniture company is still in business but now in Mount Olive, NC, about a little over an hour east/southeast of Siler City. I don't know if any members of the family are still affiliated.
www.bolingfurniture.com

From Nate, 1/18/2009  2:03 PM

We just rescued 6 High Point Chairs, two with arms, four without from our neighbors garage attic. They are model number 222-R - like your's Jackie. We too would like to know more about them. Any info on when they were likely made, what kind of value they might have, and what wood they were made out of would be greatly appreciated.

From CJ, 1/6/2009  12:25 PM

I am in the process of installing new rush seats on two chairs for my son and daughter in law. They are from Boling Chair co. #263-R finish index #1563. Any information about them would be appreciated.

From Jackie, 12/19/2008  8:40 PM

I have 6 beautiful ladder-back mahogany chairs(5 side chairs and 1 matching arm chair) with some of the original tags on the bottom of them indicating they were made at the High Point Bending and Chair Company, Siler City, NC. There are 5 "rungs" and the top rung has a beautiful fleur-de-lis type of shape. I believe the rush seats are original and I have been told that having them re-caned will not hurt their value. The pattern number on the tag states 222 R. Does anyone know how old they might be or their value? I learned through research that the original factory burned down on December 22, 1905. Any information you might have would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks!

From marty beall, 11/30/2008  6:00 PM

I have 5 Boling ladder back chairs for sale-pattern 7713-walnut.The chairs are in very good condition.E-mail
martybeall@comcast.net.Price $35 each.

From Craig, 11/18/2008  2:45 PM

Boling is still in business in Mount Olive, NC. A lot of the old style chairs are still available. These are made by order only. Call 919-635-2400 and ask for Brent Heath.

From Jan, 11/7/2008  3:35 PM

Reply from Jan

Reply to Helene. Hi Helene,

Is your chair still available? If so, please email me directly to webjana@hotmail.com and provide a photo. My mother had a set of 4 and lost one when she moved.

Thanks so much! jan

2/15/2008 8:59:27 PM
Reply to Jan. I have a high point mahogany caned seat 264R chair. What are you looking to pay for it?

From Mari Carroll, 11/3/2008  3:23 PM

I have two chairs manufactured by Boling Chair Company Siler City, NC

Also on the bottom of the chairs it says N.Y.C. BD of ED Contract No. 11-7274 Item 97-I448I967

Please give any information you know about these chairs at: alicecoopercarroll@yahoo.com

From Carolyn, 10/31/2008  4:16 PM

I have been left two square end tables and a big round table with drawers in it. On the bottom of the square tables it has a tag that says Boling Chair Company. I can't find anything about the tables. Can any one help me?

From Jean, 10/18/2008  4:17 PM

I am looking for a Boling Chair Co. banker/courthouse/jury style chair. I'm sorry, I don't know the model company. These chairs were made in High Point and Siler, NC but were also made by the BL Marble & Shattuck Chair Co., and Sikes Chair Co. in a similiar style. If anyone would like to sell what they have - please email me.

From henry, 10/9/2008  3:53 PM

I have a swivel walnut Boling Chair Co. No. 7110. I would like to sell it. I would like to know the value. Is it wise to sell it on ebay?

Henry

From Pat Haase, 9/21/2008  5:07 PM

Looking for Light Oak Finish Chair Pattern No5505

From Hazel, 9/12/2008  11:46 AM

I have a High Point Bending & Chair Company chair Pattern #8400 Finish Light Oak. I am interested in selling. Can provide picture. contact me at hazelparry@hotmail.com if interested.

From Mary Gavalas, 8/25/2008  10:59 AM

I also have a " High Point Bending & Chair Co." slat-back, desk chair with arms, on casters, style #7100 or #7200. The tag has a tear through the Style number, but think it reads, #7200, Light Oak. I purchase it from an antique store in Jacksonville, Fl. 30 years ago and paid $25.00 for it. Can anyone help with its' approximate current value. In Good condition and would consider selling it. VMNGAV@AOL.com

From jane, 8/9/2008  12:45 PM

I have a Boling Rocking Chair with spindles and a yellow tag underneath that has patten number 291 also. I feel someone has restained the rocker I have because the tag says it is cherry finish. I don't know the price of the chair. I would like to sell the chair.

From Hattie Wells, 7/13/2008  5:22 PM

I have a chair with tag"Boling chair Siler NC" pattern 6711..what year was it manufactured?.what beautiful furniture ..Any help out there!!

From Kristin, 7/11/2008  5:26 PM

I have yet another type of Boling Chair, a black rocker with gold design on the back, has spindles and a yelloew tag underneath with #291 on it. Does anyone have this rocker and pricing info? Thanks.

From Stacy, 7/8/2008  4:30 PM

Hey there. I live in California and I have two captain style chairs in my possession. I got them from my great Aunt and Uncle. They still have the original label and it says
Manufactured by
High Point Bending & Chair Co.
Siler City N.C.
Pattern No. 7101 chair
Finish- light oak

I was just about to sell the pair on craigslist when I realized that they still had the label and decided to do a little research. These chairs are very special and in great condition. I am still looking to sell them if anyone is interested. I can send pictures. stacyjfish@comcast.net

From Carlos, 6/8/2008  9:56 PM

I have six High Point Bending & Chair Co. chairs from Silver City N.C. I would like to know the value and if anyone is interested in buyibg them. Contact me at chumlimon@hotmail.com

From Daniel, 5/18/2008  10:28 AM

I have a 6710 Boling desk chair ( walnut finish)in good condition. How would I determine the value. How would go about selling it? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

From Celine, 5/4/2008  3:32 PM

I am looking for some information on some rocking chairs. they all have a tag reading boling chair company. pattern # 471. the color is honey maple on hard wood. 774. These chairs came out of a resort in vermont. they are in excellant condition. If anyone has an idea on the value or has an idea on where to look that would be grateful. thanks

From meg, 4/25/2008  4:13 PM

I have 6 light oak mission style library chairs, pattern 5500. The tags say High Point Bending and Chair Company, Siler, NC.    They are from a publishing house out of Milwaukee, WI. They are at least 75 years old, perhaps even older. I am trying to set a price but have no idea where to go.

From Carole, 4/2/2008  12:00 PM

Looking for four side chairs or two side chairs and two Captain's chairs: High Point Bending & Chair Co. Siler City, NC. Pattern No. 264-R Mahogany.
cdroy16@msn.com

From Carole, 4/2/2008  11:57 AM

I am looking for four side chairs or two side chairs and two Captain's chairs: High Point Bending & Chair Co. Siler City, N.C. Pattern No. 264-R, Mahogany.

Thanks.

From Jason, 3/15/2008  6:11 PM

I have one pattern #6713 finish - Walnut. Anyone interested? email me: jhendren@ec.rr.com - thanks.

From Robert, 3/10/2008  9:49 PM

I have 24 Boling Tavern Chairs #150 pattern in Dark Oak and 24 #150 in Old English finishes. If anyone is interested in purchasing these chairs, please contact me via e-mail at amk326b@aol.com. Please put in the subject "BOLING TAVERN CHAIRS"

From Damon, 3/8/2008  7:39 PM

I have a high point bending co office chair style # 6700
what can you tell me about this chair ??
Damon

From Susan, 3/8/2008  6:15 PM

How much are these chairs worth? Well, I just bought a set of eight dining room chairs (High Point Bending & Chair Co. 264-R, mahogany finish, in excellent condition, from an antique store in Thomasville, Georgia. I paid $1,200 for the lot. $150 per chair seemed a fair price. . .

From Ed, 2/20/2008  9:26 PM

I need one Boling Chair Co. ladder-back chair with rush seat. Color is light mahogany. 1960's vintage.
Can anyone help? Also does anyone know how to contact
the Boling Co chair Company?

From Helene, 2/15/2008  8:59 PM

Reply to Jan. I have a high point mahogany caned seat 264R chair. What are you looking to pay for it?

From maurice keehan, 1/29/2008  7:45 PM

I have a High point bending chair pattern 8410 / walnut
It has a all wooden rocker mechcanisem i was wondering the age and value of this office chair? I have never seen another "chair" like it all others have a steel mechcanism even the hight is a wooden peg not a screw?

I have owned it for 30 some years but if I were tosell it what is a fair market value?

Thank You for any information you tell me about   

From Connie, 12/11/2007  4:09 PM

I , have received 10 chairs maunfactrured by High Point Bending and Chair Co. Siler City, N.C. pattern No 263-R chair Finish ---Mahogany. Can any one tell me what the chair is . Could it be conference room chairs Thanks Connie

From Ellen, 12/5/2007  4:24 PM

When I retired after 31 years as a pubic high school teacher, all I asked for and received was a PATTERN NO. 7101 CHAIR, FINISH-LIGHT OAK. I still use it everyday. I was excited to find a bit of information about this company. Thanks.

From forrest, 12/2/2007  3:39 PM

have four boling chairs #264-r looking for information when they were made.the have rush seats.

From Tom, 11/22/2007  10:02 PM

I have 3 chairs with labels from High Point Bending & Chair Co. and 1 chair that looks the same labeled from Boling Chair Company. All 4 chairs have caned seats pattern #264-R, black, with a hand decorated pattern. I am interested in finding out the value of these chairs. Does anyone know where I could find this information?

From Jan, 11/10/2007  11:35 AM

I am searching for a High Point Bending and Chair Co. mahogany chair with caned seat pattern # 264-R. Does anyone have one for sale?

From tony, 10/26/2007  12:30 PM

Has anyone found out the value of the 264-R Hitch(deleted) type chairs? thanks

From Loretta, 9/29/2007  10:53 AM

I have an Oak Caster Office Chair manufactured
by Boling Chair company out of Siler City, N.C.
Pattern #6700 that came out of the Brown & Williamson plant in Petersburg, Virginia. It was my Grandfathers office chair. When he retired it came home with him and he then truly spent every waking our sitting in it talking on his ham radio. I now have it and we sit in it every day while on the computer. Not that anyone really needs to know any of that. Anyone have any info on that particular chair. I know it is only as old as the start of the Boling Chair company of course.

Thanks.

From Christine, 9/20/2007  10:38 PM

I have 8 dining room chairs (6 side chairs and 2 ends). The underside tag reads Boling Chair Co., Siler City, NC, Index 1275, 264. They are maple; rush seats. I would like to sell them. Can anyone suggest a value?

From Mary, 9/11/2007  4:01 PM

I am researching an office chair, marked High Point Bending & Chair Co. Siler City, N.C., in Walnut finish, pattern #0410. I'm wondering about it's date of production and if anything similar has sold if so how much.

From bill, 7/31/2007  6:59 PM

I have a child's rocker with a yellowed tag stapled under the seat with "Boling Chair Co, Siler City, N.C.; Pattern 292 CR; Finish Salem Maple"

Can anyone tell me anything about this item and if the company is still around? Thanks, bill

From Amy M., 7/30/2007  3:24 PM

I am looking for 4 side chairs style 264-R in a pine finish. Please let me know if anyone has them available. Thanks, Amy

From Linda, 7/24/2007  12:29 PM

For Sale - five High Point hand decorated chairs, caned seats, model 264-R. Email southbendlindah@aol.com if interested.

From Faith Ann, 7/16/2007  11:26 PM

In the process of researching four, heavy, solid walnut, bentwood, captain's chairs that I rescued from a Winston-Salem, NC office that closed in 1990 after 50 years of operation, a reference Librarian named Katherine Arends found a small book in the Siler City Library in 2001 to help me with the company history. The book was called "Boling: The Story of a Company and Family" by John Harding (1979). According to this book the company started in 1901 as Siler City Bending Co. and made things like traces for carriage harnesses. On Jan 9, 1904, it became High Point Bending and Chair Company with founder Captain Malvola Jackson Boling. It was named High Point because of the heavy investment in the furniture industry from a nearby city of that name. In 1956 it became Boling Chair Company. In the year 2001 it was still in existance in Siler City and known as "Boling Group". Further research has led me to believe that the chairs I have are probably from 1926 --- celebrating their 80th (deleted)day. They are in excellent condition and continue to be well-loved and appreciated for their comfort and many years of service.

From John, 6/11/2007  10:21 PM

I have one office chair made by High Point Bending & Chair Co. model 7112-MS in walnut finish. Does anyone have an idea as to what this chair might be worth?
Thank You

From Mary, 6/3/2007  3:04 PM

I have six dining room type chairs. Black, with original rush seats. Typical gold stencil and gold embellishments. No idea their style number. My mother purchased them well over 50yrs ago from an antique dealer. Very delicate, but sturdy considering their age. Please help me with identification. Thank-you

From Lynne, 5/28/2007  1:33 PM

Hmm, c. wells seems to have some pretty good information showing that High Point Bending and Chair Co. came first and was later renamed Boling Chair Co. But John, whose family was involved in the company, says that Boling Chair Co. came before High Point. Anybody know the accurate chronology? This will help me date my tavern chairs that bear a yellowed label that says "Boling Chair Co., Siler City, NC, Pattern 150, Finish - Salem Maple."

From Greg, 5/23/2007  1:59 AM

Kelly, I might be interested if you have some photos. What price are you wanting as well.

From Kelly, 5/17/2007  2:52 PM

I have 4, 264-R Mahogany chairs in great condition for sale. Let me know if you are interested.

From EClark, 5/10/2007  3:45 PM

My Boling Chair Co. ChangeBak Office chair with four castors and ratan insert on the back support id #5-97540. Color of the wood is walnut in appearance with a biege(?) color padded seat and very well built. I am attempting to determine the city of origin and manufacuring date. Any help appreciated.

From Ed, 5/5/2007  2:55 PM

I have a walnut high point & bending rolling desk chair with the original tag. Does anyone know the value of this?

Thanks in advance.

From Liz, 5/4/2007  5:09 PM

I have 4 captains chairs made by Boling Chair Company
that are pattern # 150 with finish-Salem Maple that were purchased around 1956.
I am looking for their value to sell.

From sam, 4/30/2007  1:19 PM

I have 9 #3 High Point Bending & Chair Co. chairs in Oak solid oak. Anyone have any more?

From Lloyd, 4/24/2007  5:19 PM

I have a set 4 June 1,1976 chairs made by the Boling Chair Company. Pattern # 768US in a Walnut finish, and upholstery RU82.
Has anyone have any idea what these chairs worth?

From Amy, 4/12/2007  8:52 PM

I just recently bought some of the #264 mahogany chairs and am interested in possibly purchasing a few more. Thanks, Amy

From Al Perry, 1/16/2007  8:08 AM

Boling chairs are beautifully designed and very well made.

I own two boardroom chairs -- walnut with black leather upholstery -- in excellent condition -- once bought for headquarters of a large bank.

Because of a planned move, sadly I may have to sell one or both. Anyone know of a way to set a fair price?

From R. Scott, 1/9/2007  1:29 PM

I have four chairs with label under the bottom: Boling, The Boling Co., Siler City, NC 27344, pattern #279, Finish- natural oak 919. I would like four more. Any information about company or securing chairs would be greatly appreciated

From Dena, 1/1/2007  9:18 PM

I have a High Point Bendin chair model # 7111, does anybody know anything about it? It looks like the model # 7110, but without the swivel base. It has a fixed base.

From dwight mccormick, 1/1/2007  6:13 PM

SUSETTE I bought six of these #264 chairs and a table at auction a few weeks ago.I dont know anything about these chairs but they almost look new.I might consider selling them.DWIGHT

From Suzette, 12/3/2006  8:41 PM

High Point Bending & Chair Co. Pattern no. 264 R chair Finish Mahogany Does any one know anything about this chair?

From John, 11/29/2006  2:20 PM

Boling chairs can occasionally be found on eBay. If you're wondering about the value just check eBay once in a while. Remember, something is worth what someone else will pay for it!

BTW, my mother's side of my family started The Boling Chair Company back around 1900. Later came High Point Bending & Chair Co. The family sold the business in the 90s after cheap foreign furniture, mostly from China, took away too much of the market. The new owners stopped and started a bit.

P.S. Over the holidays I'll be visiting my parents. I'll go through some old catalogs to try to find out info on some of the questions that have been posted here about specific chairs.   

From Kathy, 11/18/2006  3:29 PM

I have a mission style desk chair with arms, castors, slat back, solid wood. In good used condition. Tag on the bottom Says "High Point Bending & Chair Company"
Siler City,NC Pattern 7110-MS Chair   Finish-Walnut.
I am ready to sell this and would like an idea of it's value.

From Kert, 10/23/2006  8:22 AM

Hello, I have a pair of chairs that are black and hand painted with flowers. They have an original High Point Chair Bending Co paper label on the bottom. Does anyone have an age of these? Ant idea of what they are worth? Thanks for the help.

Kert

From Peggy, 10/14/2006  12:15 PM

Hi,I have a hitchcock type chair from High Point Bending and Chair Company. It has the original rush seat. Does anyone know the age of the chair.
Thanks for any help you can give me.

From Judy, 10/3/2006  1:51 PM

I have six Boling oak captains chairs I bought in 1975. one chair has a wooden peg missing that covers the metal reinforcement rod. Does anyone know where I could get one to replace the missing peg?
Judy T.

From Susan, 11/15/2005  10:29 AM

I am looking for ladder back chairs made by High Point/ or Siler City chair co. Please email me if you have any for sale susanmdavidson@comcast.net

From Doug Wiggins, 7/25/2005  12:52 AM

Boling Furniture is not closed. Boling is located in Mount Olive, NC

From marianne, 7/22/2005  12:36 PM

I, too, have an oak captains chair made by the Boling Co. and would like to find out if they are out of business did someone take over the business or is there another business out there that makes the same quality and style chairs. im4gvnmuch2@yahoo.com

From Jo Anne, 7/13/2005  8:53 AM

I have a "wicker" style couch, natural color, three cushion, "paper-type" woven couch made by this company. It has a wonderful metal tag on the back with a picture of a man bending wood and the label "High Point BendingÊÊÊÊSiler CityÊÊÊNC"ÊÊÊÊDoes anyone know anything about age or value? Tips on minor repair are appreciated as well. Thanks. sanford@ncuc.net

From Becky, 2/13/2005  9:34 AM

I have an office chair, walnut, from High Point Bending Company, brass casters. Anyone know the value. Original tag still on bottom of chair. Beckstoney@Bellsouth.net

From Rachel, 1/16/2005  5:07 PM

I have seen a Boling chair, and would like to purchase some. Anyone have any ideas? forestvail@comcast.net

From Sue Tolleson-Rinehart, 1/12/2005  11:19 AM

Thank you to C. Walls for this information! Almost 7 years ago, I rescued four bentwood, cane-backed chairs that were about to be tossed in a dumpster for our office -- they were a little knocked about, but were solid oak bentwood with cane backs, and betwood arms as well -- very nice chairs! They have served as my office "conference table" chairs ever since. I am glad to have a chance to know a little more about the origins of the company that made them.

From Steve Johnson, 1/10/2005  12:52 PM

I have an office chair made by the High Point Bending and Chair Company. It seems to be missing a fitting that would go inside the tube in the base that would hold the spindle tightly. Without the fitting, the chair wobbles when you sit in it. What would this fitting look like? Is there a source for these fittings? swjohnson75@comcast.net

From c. walls, 1/3/2005  9:27 PM

After contacting the Chatham, North Carolina Historical Society I received the following information about the High Point Bending and Chair Company:

The High Point Bending and Chair Company operated from 1904-1956 when it became the Boling Chair Company, later just the Boling Company. That company is now out of business.

The company began in 1901 as the Siler City Bending Company. It made parts for house-drawn vehicles. An investor was M.J. Boling and in 1904 he rescued the failing company reorganizing it into the High Point Bending and Chair Company.

In addition to the chair-making plant in Siler City it built a plant in Mount Olive NC to make desks, tables and bookcases, mostly for office use. It was still operating in 1987 when the booklet from which I have taken this information was published and it continued to be owned and operated by the Boling family. I'm not sure when it closed.

From Nancy & Steve Lewis, 12/27/2004  12:41 AM

We just bought a wonderful Captain's chair in white oak manufactured by the High Point Bending & Chair Co., Siler, N.C. in a thrift store in Fresno, Ca. We are curious to find out more about the company, also. The chair is in wonderful condition, and we would love to learn a little about the history of the chair and of the company. Thanks. Nancy and Steve

From Guest, 8/2/2004  10:09 AM

There is a listing a 19441 issue of FURNITURE WORLD Magazine, but all it says is, "High Point Bending & Chair Co., Siler City, NC. Bentwood Chairs. That is all I have. Perhaps another furninfo.com reader will know more. - Russell.