Weekly Furniture Management Tip # 61 - A Good Leader...
Furniture Industry News Update -
Furniture World Magazine
See additional articles in this Furniture World Magazine Series
This week's tips deal with keeping promises, communication, credibility and ethics.
by Roy Miller, President
Country View Woodworking
A GOOD LEADER....
- works diligently to keep promises to internal and external customers.
- is aware that inconsistencies in communication seldom go unnoticed.
- realizes that when you lose credibility in one area, that you lose credibility in all areas.
- understands when a negative impression is created, a minimum of 10 positive responses must be enacted to overcome the negative impression.
- teaches that ethical conduct is one of the keys to inspired leadership.
These weekly “Monday Morning Management Tips” are jointly provided by both Country View Woodworking and Furniture World.
About Country View Woodworking: Did you know CVW features consistency of colors and finishes by utilizing the Ohio Certified Stains (OCS) program? Comments about these weekly tips can be directed to Roy Miller (Country View Woodworking (http://www.cvwltd.com) care of email@example.com.
Furniture World Magazine-Business solutions for furniture retailers