Announces five new bedding tenants for the August show.
World Market Center Las Vegas, announced an impressive line-up of new and existing bedding tenants. Further solidifying its position as the international hub for the bedding industry, attendees will be introduced to the newest in sleep and bedding innovations and design.
“World Market Center Las Vegas continues to be the preferred Market of choice for the bedding industry—both nationally and internationally,” said Craig Staack, vice president of leasing - home furnishings for International Market Centers, the parent company of World Market Center Las Vegas. “It’s undeniable that the mattress industry looks to us as the leading platform for introducing their latest lines, designs, technologies and product specialties.”
Brands expanding their showrooms at WMCLV include Sealy, Pure Latex Bliss, Bedgear by Guardmaster, GBS, Corsicana and Sleep Inc. Sealy, one of the largest bedding brands in the world, is expanding the amount of space in its showroom by 40 percent, but will remain at its present location, B800. Pure Latex Bliss, a bedding manufacturer of mattresses, toppers and pillows, is expanding its showroom space by 35 percent and relocating to B945. Bedgear by Guardmaster, manufacturer of performance bedding products, is doubling its space and GBS a distributor of pillow and mattress protection products is tripling its showroom.
New-to-market bedding tenants include:
- Carolina Mattress Guild is a dominant bedding manufacture based in North Carolina, and is known for their comprehensive line of bedding and bedding accessories, including pillows, pillowcases, innerspring, foam, memory foam, and latex core beds. In 2009, its popular and eco-friendly Nature's Image and Natural Living lines were launched, providing beds with healthy natural ingredients including natural bamboo, organic cotton, wool, silk, hybrid soy foams, and natural rubber latex.
- TechnoGel is a producer and manufacturer of its own brand of high-end mattresses and pillows sold all over the world under its “Sleeping” line. Once used as a special "gel" to produce small batches of anti-decubitus cushions for long-stay hospital patients, the product was later used to design an anti-decubitus cushion with special geometric features that maximized the gel elasto-mechanical properties. Several years later, TechnoGel Sleeping was born.
- Savvy Rest is at the forefront of the growing natural mattress industry. The company’s products were developed in response to mounting concerns about the toxic chemicals used in most conventional mattresses. Savvy Rest Organic Mattresses are made of natural latex rubber, certified organic wool and certified organic cotton. The bedding line includes organic mattress toppers, sheets, mattress pads, and pillows.
Las Vegas Market will also present original programming for bedding retailers looking to stay competitive in today’s marketplace. On Monday, July 30 at 2 pm “Love At First Blush: How Well Is The Bedding Industry Connecting With Female Customers?” will be presented in C176. The International Sleep Products Association (ISPA) along with WithIt and Ergo Bedroom will go beyond the statistics that women make the majority of buying decisions for the home and focus on the buying motivations of today’s female bedding consumer. A reception will follow the presentation in the Ergo Bedroom showroom, C184.
- Protect-a-Bed is a worldwide leader in mattress protection innovation, offering a complete line of protective bedding products. Its products help create a dry, hygienic, bed bug free and anti-allergy sleep zone while protecting the mattress warranty. The company developed the proprietary Miracle Membrane® and patented BugLock® with SecureSeal® and three-sided zipper system. Protect-A-Bed® products are listed as Class 1 Medical Devices with the Food and Drug Administration and have received the Good Housekeeping Seal.
- Canadian mattress maker Spring Air Sommex will bring its Obusforme brand to the U.S. market for the first time in a 4,200-square-foot showroom in Building A-948. In addition to Obusforme, the showroom will also feature the company’s recently acquired Natura World and NexGel brands as well as an assortment of accessories including pillows, protectors and top of bed. A total of between 25 and 30 mattresses from all three brands will be shown.
On Tuesday, July 31, International Sleep Products (ISPA) President Ryan Trainer will present “Sustainability and Recycling and the Future of the Mattress Industry” at 3:00 PM in C364. ISPA is working with mattress manufacturers and retailers to create a national system that will support the responsible recycling of used mattresses. In this session, industry members will learn how to can support ISPA’s effort to protect the industry from these potentially damaging costs and to develop an alternative to the state legislation.
Also on Tuesday, July 31 at 5 pm, a launch party for industry non-profit WorldBed will be held in Building C, Showroom 1096. The party will launch “Project Beds for America” and debut its newly designed Shelter Bed and donate up to 2,000 of these mattresses to homeless shelters across Las Vegas.
Buyers can still register for Las Vegas Market, July 30-Aug. 3, 2012, or book one of the discounted host hotels, as low as $40 a night. Visit www.LasVegasMarket.com to register and to see a full schedule of events.
ABOUT WORLD MARKET CENTER LAS VEGAS World Market Center Las Vegas is an integrated home and hospitality contract furnishings showroom and trade complex. The campus showcases furniture, decorative accessories, gift, lighting, area rugs, home textiles and related segments, as well as the Las Vegas Design Center open daily to consumers and designers. For more information on World Market Center Las Vegas and its trade shows including the bi-annual Las Vegas Market and Gift+Home, visit www.wmclv.com. Find us on Facebook and Twitter.
World Market Center Las Vegas is a property of International Market Centers, L.P. (IMC), the world’s largest operator of premier showroom space for the furnishings, home décor and gift industries. International Market Centers owns and operates 11.5 million square feet of world-class exhibition space in High Point, N.C. and Las Vegas. IMC’s mission is to build and operate an innovative, sustainable, profitable and scalable platform for the furnishings, home décor and gift industries. For more information on IMC, visit imcenters.com.
Furniture World Magazine-Business solutions for furniture retailers