Paula Deen Kids Joins Smartstuff™ Brand With Two Collections: Guys™ And Gals™
Furniture Industry News Update -
Furniture World Magazine
Paula Deen Kids Gals reading bed.
Universal Furniture announced the introduction of Guys™ and Gals™ for Paula Deen Kids, the newest Smartstuff™ furniture collections created for young gentlemen and young ladies with an upscale sense of style.
The new Paula Deen Kids collections were inspired by her own gracious style and the life she shares with her grandkids, nieces, nephews and a host of other young’uns.
“Guys™ and Gals™ share Paula’s special style of comfortable casual furniture, touched with Southern sophistication,” says Jeff Scheffer, CEO of Universal Furniture International, Inc., which produces Smartstuff™. “But like Smartstuff™, Paula Deen Kids was built from the ground up just for kids. It is not adult furniture retrofitted for her little friends.”
As with each approximately 25-piece Smartstuff™ collection, Guys™ and Gals™ presentcombinations of great styling, safety-conscious construction, strategic pricing, and game-changing smart features. Your Choice pricing applies so that similar pieces cost the same across both collections.
Like the rest of the Smartstuff™ family, Gals™ and Guys™ are fully appointed with all of the fun, smart teaching Smartstuff™ Stuff.
- Nightstands feature a set of coasters for that sweaty glass, urging kids to “Respect the Wood” and protect the furniture.
- A folding board is a clever tool included in every dresser to make it easy to keep shirts looking tidy and kids looking smart.
- All hutches come with world maps to equip tomorrow’s global leaders.
- A star chart accompanies all bunk beds to foster a love of exploration and discovery.
- Desks feature an easy guide to ergonomics and proper posture for good health and study habits.
- Every chest includes a Smart Moves easy exercise guide to keep kids sharp, nimble and quick.
Plus all of the Innovative Smart Features
Smartstuff™ smart features are incorporated throughout each Guys™ and Gals™ collection:
- Patented charging stations in nightstands are perfect for today’s plugged-in kids and all their stuff, like cell phones, iPods, iPads, computers, TVs, today’s unending electronic necessities or the vacuum sweeper when it’s time to clean up.
- Removable partitions in the lower drawers provide simple organization to help mom – and her kids – bring order to busy lives.
- Each dresser includes a hidden storage compartment beneath a felt-lined tray for those special little treasures.
- Built-in lighting is strategically placed for studying or to help keep monsters at bay during the night.
- A clever tray for the upper bunk creates a nightstand-in-the-sky for an iPod, cell phone or alarm clock.
- Beds are available in twin and full with bunk beds available as twin over twin, twin over full, and full over full. Select beds available in queen size.
- Under-bed storage units and trundles provide a sleeping place for sleepovers or extra space.
The Smartstuff™ construction story also is the same. Soft edges, bases and pilasters ensure safety for young children and greater appeal for older kids and young adults. Drawer interiors feature English dovetail joints on the front and back with full finish 9/16th inch oak plywood. The drawers operate on a pair of ball bearing, full-extension, soft-closing, under-mount glides. Bedrails are 100 percent bolt-together construction for sturdier, wobble-free beds. Bunk beds feature ladders with wider steps and deeper mattress openings. All finishes are lead free and are approved by a respected independent third-party testing lab. Innovative smart features along with Smartstuff™ Stuff and ample storage are incorporated throughout the collections. All beds accommodate an under-bed trundle or storage unit.
“Kids today are more knowledgeable and more sophisticated. They know what they want,” Scheffer says. “Paula Deen Kids addresses the young lady and young man who want furniture with style. It is designed to grow with them. Elementary school, middle school, high school and even college—it fits all ages.”
About Universal Furniture: Universal Furniture International, Inc. is a whole home resource offering good, affordable, smart design. Highly regarded for its beautiful home furnishings at attractive prices, the company offers design excellence and exceptional manufacturing standards. Manufactured at its dedicated facilities in China, its brands include Universal, Paula Deen Home, Better Homes and Gardens by Universal Furniture, Pennsylvania House and Smartstuff™. Universal Furniture is sold through fine home furnishings retailers throughout North America and in numerous other countries. For more information, visit www.universalfurniture.com.
Furniture World Magazine-Business solutions for furniture retailers