Women in the Home Industries Today (WithIt) is requesting nominations for its annual WOW Awards, to be presented during the Las Vegas Market, January 18, 2015. This celebration open to all market attendees is sponsored by International Market Centers and will be held in the World Forum, Building B, Floor 16.
WithIt, a women’s leadership development network, invites retailers, manufacturers, suppliers and other industry professionals to nominate deserving individuals and businesses in the home and furnishings industry.
Since its 1997 inception, WithIt has annually given awards to recognize business leaders who have contributed to the success of the home and furnishings industry. Each distinguished honoree has at least five years of industry experience and has demonstrated significant impact on his/her company and/or the industry.
The five awards categories are:
- Legacy Award – For a woman of achievement who has made significant lifetime contributions to the home and furnishings industries.
- Mentoring Award – For an executive or organization that has fostered advocacy, development or promotion of women in the home and furnishings industries.
- Education Award – For an executive or company which has developed programs to educate associates, retailers or consumers about home and furnishings.
- Leadership Award – For a professional woman over 40 who demonstrates successful leadership in her company, Withit and/or in the home and furnishings industry.
- Future Leader Award – For a woman under 40 who has demonstrated outstanding achievement and the potential to become a leader in the home and furnishings industries.
To make a nomination, WithIt asks participants to complete the nomination form sound at www.withit.org
stating why a person or organization should be considered for the award. Nominees must currently work in the home furnishings field and have at least five years of industry experience. Each candidate must have demonstrated their ability to impact their company and/or the industry in tangible terms. Nominations are due September 15, 2014.
Nominees are not required to be members of WithIt. Finalists will receive an application to complete prior to the event. A panel of industry peers, will select the recipient for each category to be announced the evening of the event.
To make a nomination or to learn more about previous WOW Awards recipients, visit www.WithIt.org. For additional inquiries, contact WithIt’s Executive Director Sara Lyke by calling 336-880-2188, or by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
was formed in 1997 for women in the home and furnishings industries in order to support their multi-dimensional career paths. It’s a not-for-profit network based in North Carolina and supported by multiple companies and friends. WithIt’s cause: to encourage and develop leadership, mentoring, education and networking opportunities for professional women in the home and furnishings industries.
Furniture World Magazine-Business solutions for furniture retailers