The International Sleep Products Association (ISPA) reported that it welcomed nearly 80 new members in 2012, with many of the new members reflecting the industry’s diversity: start-up companies, veteran mattress producers, component suppliers, and ISPA’s newest membership category, manufacturers of top-of-bed accessories.
“We at Boyd Specialty Sleep Products see the value in belonging to a uniting front like ISPA,” noted new ISPA member and Boyd Specialty Sleep Products President Denny Boyd. “We look forward to actively participating in ISPA and helping advance the interests of this industry."
“In addition to being a part of a worthwhile professional community, we work collectively as a united group, which exponentially increases our chances of success,” said ISPA Chair Gerry Borreggine.
ISPA has delivered strong member benefits and services since it was founded nearly 100 years ago in 1915. All programs and initiatives are created to support the mattress industry’s growth, profitability and stature. Government advocacy was especially active last year as ISPA successfully defeated several state bills that would have undercut industry efforts to create an efficient and responsible mattress recycling program.
New member Conor Stapelton of Gabriel Scientific and SleepAngel echoed these sentiments. “SleepAngel is a start-up business aiming to get big quickly. At this point in our business life cycle, we depend upon the network, resources and lobbying of an umbrella organization to advance our own interests. ISPA helped us to expand our market reach and influence stakeholders in our marketplace that otherwise would not have been available to us. We hope our association will continue to be a long and caring one."
“We would not be who we are today without the strong and continued support of our members,” noted ISPA President Ryan Trainer. “ISPA is deeply engaged today in addressing several important industry-wide challenges and opportunities. Now more than ever it is important for this industry to speak and act with a united voice. We look forward to working with these new member companies and welcome their input and contributions to ISPA’s programs.”
- Agru America, Inc.
- American Plant & Equipment, Inc.
- Ann's Trading Co., Inc. dba Elements Home
- APER s.r.l.
- Automated Tag & Label
- Aydin Tekstil
- B&C Int'l/OS Depot - Z.L. Latex Products
- Bain & Company
- Bekaert Corporation
- Bob Barker Company, Inc.
- Boyd Specialty Sleep Manufacturer
- Brookwood Co. Inc.
- Ceragem International Manufacturer
- Charles P. Rogers & Co.
- Comfort Coil Technology SDN BHD
- DMM Forest Products
- Dolphin Pack
- Dorel Home Products
- Ducan Industries, Inc.
- Dunlap Sunbrand International
- Encore Fasteners, Div. ECF Holdings LLC
- Entex Textil, S. L.
- Esun International Co. Ltd.
- Evoteks Home & Hotel Textiles
- Foamco Industries Corporation
- Forever Foundations & Frames LLC
- Foshan Benbiao Furnishing Co., Ltd.
- Foshan EON Technology Industry Co., Ltd.
- Foshan Zhongheng United Furniture Industria
- Gabriel Scientific
- Guard Master
- Han Viet Co., Ltd. (Hanvico)
- Haylex USA
- Hill-Rom Company, Inc.
- Imperial Threads, Inc.
- Indian Silks
- Jowat Corporation
- Kimball International, Inc.
- Latex Global
- Levitation Sciences
- Linak US Inc.
- Master Enterprises (Pty) Ltd.
- MFI International Mfg. LLC
- Microtek Laboratories, Inc.
- Morgan Fabrics
- MPT Group Ltd.
- Northstar Recycling Company
- O'Mara Incorporated
- Ovattificio Fortunato
- P.F. Industries Inc.
- Pacific Spring Mfg. Co., Inc.
- Psyche Comfort Products, LLC
- Resortes y Alambres S.A. de C.V.
- SC Invest Management SRL
- Schmidt Machine Company, Inc. / REMEX
- Shandong Helon Textile Science & Tech. Co
- Shen Zhen Eisone Furnishing Co., Ltd.
- Skydex Technologies
- Sleep EZ
- Sleep, Inc.
- SMI Inc. dba TechniThread
- Spring Co Inc.
- Stein Fibers, Ltd.
- Sterling Sleep Products
- Sunstar USA Inc.
- Supreme Quilting Ltd.
- Tempronics, Inc.
- Testrite Visual Products
- Textile Rubber & Chemical Co.
- Tintoria Piana US Inc
- Unicorn Mattress Co., Ltd.
- Vellum Supplier
- Vista Medical, Ltd.
Established in 1915, the International Sleep Products Association (ISPA) is dedicated to protecting and enhancing the growth, profitability and stature of the mattress industry. As the industry’s trade organization, ISPA represents nearly 700 mattress manufacturers and suppliers throughout the world.
ISPA provides a wide range of services that benefit its membership. These include exclusive industry surveys and statistics, advocacy support, educational offerings, the industry’s ISPA EXPO trade show, safety research through its Sleep Products Safety Council, consumer research and education through its Better Sleep Council, BedTimes and Sleep Savvy publications, the ISPAEarth™ Industry Sustainability Initiative, and more.
To learn more, visit www.sleepproducts.org
Furniture World Magazine-Business solutions for furniture retailers