The new area features more than 100,000 square feet of bedding displays from a wide variety of leading manufacturers.
The Las Vegas Market announced that it has created a new area dedicated to bedding products on the 15th floor of Building C and features nearly 25 bedding resources, enhancing the market’s position as the international hub for the bedding industry.
The new area features more than 100,000 square feet of bedding displays from a wide variety of leading manufacturers. The reconfigured C-15 space will debut at the winter Las Vegas Market taking place Jan. 28 to Feb. 1.
“The addition of this new area dedicated entirely to bedding strengthens the Las Vegas Market’s status as the preferred market of choice for the bedding industry,” said Craig Staack, vice president of home furnishings leasing for International Market Centers. “The new offerings on C-15 complement the large assortment of other bedding products on display throughout the market, providing another reason why retailers recognize us as the leading platform for the introduction of new bedding products, designs and technologies.”
The ability to create a new destination for bedding at the Las Vegas Market came about when three furniture exhibitors that had been exhibiting on C-15 moved to new locations. They are Standard Furniture, which is now in C-1489; New Pacific Direct, now in space A-919; and American Heritage Billiards, now in B-818. These moves freed up more than 40,000 square feet of showroom space, according to Staack.
The line-up of exhibitors on C-15 now includes nearly 25 bedding sources. The group includes five exhibitors that are new to the Las Vegas Market:
- Bedding Industries of America (C-1572) produces fine-quality, handcrafted sleep systems, including the Eclipse International, Eastman House and Ernest Hemingway lines. The company also is a Therapedic licensee. It offers more than 100 bedding models with innovative, advanced features as well as custom bedding programs.
- Biosmart Sciences (C-1564) develops technology that improves posture in sleep and daytime activities. At the winter Las Vegas Market, the company is launching a new line of clinically proven mattress and pillow products. It also is introducing a posture-improving line of office chairs.
- Glideaway (C-1537) is a family owned company that has been manufacturing and distributing bedding products for more than 50 years. Its line includes Sleepharmony memory foam and latex mattresses and pillows, steel bed frames, mattress and pillow protectors, adjustable bases and youth sleep products.
- WorldBed Studio (C-1585) is making its debut in the U.S. sleep products market during the Las Vegas Market with a three line, 15 mattress product launch. Working in affiliation with the charity WorldBed Inc., which provides bedding to people in need, WorldBed Studio is offering a “Shared Comfort Experience” social responsibility consumer promotion that includes “built in” charitable giving with every mattress purchased.
- Zedbed (C-1558) offers a complete line of eco-friendly therapeutic mattresses, as well as lifestyle adjustable beds, headboards, pillows and protectors. The line features four distinct applications of proprietary, high-density, soy-based memory foam with unique comfort levels.
- Floor C-15 also features four bedding exhibitors that had been showing in other locations at the market: Corsicana (C-1579); Englander (C-1596); Hollywood Bed (C-1568); and Specialty Sleep Assn. (C-1565).
Bedding tenants that have expanded their existing showrooms on C-15 or moved to a new location on the floor include: Aireloom/Kluft (C-1501); Knickerbocker (C-1595); Magniflex (C-1532); Organic Mattresses Inc. (C-1515 and C-1507); and Tempur-Pedic (C-1512).
Bedding producers continuing to show in their previous spaces on C-15 include: Comfortaire Corp. (C-1536); Dreamfit (C-1540); FXI/Anatomic Global (C-1588); Gotcha Covered (C-1578); Kittrich Corp. (C-1566); Savvy Rest (C-1554); Springfield/Silver-Rest (C-1562); Symbol Mattress (C-1529); Technogel (C-1584); and Vivon Life (C-1538).
About Las Vegas Market and International Market Centers, L.P. Las Vegas Market is an international furnishings showcase that combines style, inspiration and productivity in an unrivaled, world-class destination. Situated on World Market Center Las Vegas’ state-of-the-art campus, Las Vegas Market features a comprehensive array of new product from thousands of leading manufacturers and lines in furniture, mattress, lighting, decorative accessories, floor coverings, home textiles and more—delivering Today’s Total Marketplace. Retailers and designers can shop product offerings from trend-setters in all home furnishings categories as well as benefit from complimentary educational, networking and hospitality events. With two markets each year, Las Vegas Market is the only major home furnishings market in the western U.S. offering a unique cross-section of suppliers and buyers spanning the home furnishings, décor and gift industries. For more information, visit www.lasvegasmarket.com.
World Market Center Las Vegas is a property of International Market Centers, L.P. (IMC), the world’s largest operator of premier showroom space for the furnishings, home décor and gift industries. International Market Centers owns and operates 11.5 million square feet of world-class exhibition space in High Point, N.C. and Las Vegas. IMC’s mission is to build and operate an innovative, sustainable, profitable and scalable platform for the furnishings, home décor and gift industries. For more information on IMC, visit www.imcenters.com.
Furniture World Magazine-Business solutions for furniture retailers