Najarian Furniture Adds 13 Bedroom and Dining Room Groups
Furniture Industry News Update -
Furniture World Magazine
New Milano Bed
Najarian Furniture announced that it is adding six new bedroom and seven dining room collections to its fast-growing case goods line this market.
These additions - together with the company's five new youth bedroom collections - make it the largest product introduction in Najarian's decades-long history. Introductions include an eclectic mix of clean-lined transitional and contemporary styles, as well as boldly styled mirrored groups and industrial-influenced designs.
"We're always looking for new ways to create interest through the creative use of materials, colors and functions," said Michael Lawrence, vice president of sales and marketing. "This market, we're doing a lot with mirrors and other mixed media, building on the great response to introductions we made in April."
Showing in an expanded showroom in space 220 of the 220 Elm building, Najarian is devoting the entire third floor of its space to new designs. In dining room, where price points range from $699 to $999 retail, introductions include:
- Del Rio, a glitzy contemporary design in a weathered black finish that includes a fixed width, 70-inch, four-leg table with mirrored insert on top and mirrored legs and apron.
- Milano and Roma, industrial-inspired designs featuring identical piece configurations rendered in two different finishes. Milano features a black tone with mirrored server and metal accents on tables and stools; Roma is in warm ash veneers with a natural sandstone finish.
- Two glass-topped casual dining groups - Planet, a round dining with an open cylindrical base featuring geometric shaped cutouts and storage and a second group with a sword-shaped pedestal base, also with storage. Seating includes a stylish two-person bench option. Both groups are priced at $699 retail.
- A counter-height dining set with a chic, triangle-shaped cracked glass top.
Najarian Furniture's master bedroom introductions include:
- Barcelona, a two-tone modern contemporary group in cherry veneers with white painted drawer fronts, priced at $999 retail for five pieces.
- Madison, a transitional group in rich primavera veneers with a cherry finish and grooved route line accents on the front of top drawers and on the headboard and footboard.
- Miami, a contemporary group that includes a "floating" platform bed with upholstered headboard in an asymmetrical design. Cases feature ash veneers with asymmetrical black-and-white shaped drawer fronts for added visual interest.
- Milano and Roma, bedroom counterparts to two new dining collections being introduced this market. As in dining, the Milano bedroom features mirrored borders on the headboard and seamless mirrors on the cases and inside drawers, with stylish brushed chrome hardware. Roma is a similar design in warm ash.
The core piece configuration for all of Najarian's bedroom collections are a bed, dresser, mirror, two-drawer nightstand, chest and media chest. Some groups feature bedside benches. Several of the introductions being made this market also include one-drawer nightstands for a more open, airy look.
"We're offering fresh designs across all of our key style categories, from modern contemporary to transitional to industrial," said Lawrence about the company's case goods strategy this market. "We hit the 'sweet spot' that sells by offering clean designs that also have unexpected style twists, interesting use of media and added function."
ABOUT NAJARIAN Established in 1974 and incorporated in the U.S. in 1985, Najarian is now a third-generation, family run business based in California with global manufacturing operations. The company manufactures and markets case goods and other furniture products that are distributed nationally to more than half of the Top 100 furniture dealers, as well as to specialty stores and customers in the contract and hospitality markets. The company is headquartered in a facility in City of Industry, Calif., where it has 250,000 square feet of warehouse space.
Furniture World Magazine-Business solutions for furniture retailers