Weekly Furniture Management Tip # 62 - A Good Leader...
Furniture Industry News Update -
Furniture World Magazine
See additional articles in this Furniture World Magazine Series
This week's management tips focus on the interpersonal dynamic between managers and the people they manage.
by Roy Miller, President
Country View Woodworking
A GOOD LEADER....
- understands it’s important that a leader, to some degree, have interests that are similar to members of his/her group.
- realizes if a leader is drastically different from their associates, they will refuse to follow or cooperate with him/her.
- knows that associates are inclined to follow leaders with a greater of degree of loyalty when backgrounds are similar.
- is aware that associates that respect the leadership they are provided produce more.
- recognizes that respect is earned, not achieved through coercion.
These weekly “Monday Morning Management Tips” are jointly provided by both Country View Woodworking and Furniture World.
About Country View Woodworking: Stop, look and listen to CVW’s new Casual Dining groups, bedroom collections and entertainment centers offered at competitive prices @ the IHFC showroom H - 1121 during the High Point Market, October 13 – 18, 2012. Comments about these weekly tips can be directed to Roy Miller (Country View Woodworking http://www.cvwltd.com) care of firstname.lastname@example.org.
Furniture World Magazine-Business solutions for furniture retailers